• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Pokemon! New Pokemon!!!!

The legendaries remind me of the Eagle and Wolf pair that is done... I know they are paired up multiple times, but in Rockman.exe 6 is the latest I can think of.

Off the top of my head, they've also been paired in Shaman King and Digimon - in Digimon they were based on Hræsvelgr the Eagle and Garm the Wolf - Nordic guardians of Hell.

You know, not all of these new Pokemon are going to be related to existing ones.

You know, not all of these new Pokemon are going to be related to existing ones.

And thank god for that. I despise pre-evolutions. Baby Plusle and Minun would be the biggest waste of a decent Pokemon slot ever.

Zeta said:
Minun would be the biggest waste of a decent Pokemon slot ever.
I so agree with you!

Anyway, I hope new screen shots are coming soon on the net. The only pokemon I can make out is the one with the bird head. I hope pokemon doesnt steal any ideas for digimon. Barf. I only fell in love with the first season of digimon. The other seasons weren't as fun.

You know, now in Savers people are saying some of the new Digimon look like Pokemon. lol.

So, has anyone checked the trademark site?

It happens every time we get a silhouette or unclear picture like this one. It can even happen when we do have a clear picture. Kecleon was thought to be an Eeveelution simply because its name ends in -eon. Blaziken's sihouette was said to be a blend of Mewtwo and some other poke that I forget by now. The Latis were for a long time thought to be a split evo of Lugia. The list goes on. It's human nature to try to connect new and strange things to familiar ones. It's how we make sense of things. I'm sure that even when we do have clear images of what is up there, they will come up with entirely new connections. As for me, I was never prone to trying to guess what something is. I'd rather just observe it's different and wait for the story on what it really is.

This is weird, according to Filb NEtkun removed the pic of the Wonderland cover, like they accidentally revealed it before they were suppose too, lol.

Someone needs to check the trademark site, lol.

Habunake said:
This is weird, according to Filb NEtkun removed the pic of the Wonderland cover, like they accidentally revealed it before they were suppose too, lol.

Hahaha.

I REALLY hope those ARE the starters now. As it would make it two gens in a row they've been accidentally revealed before they're supposed to have been by a website uploading a pic too early. (See this if you haven't a clue what I'm talking about: http://www.pokecharms.com/pokeblunders/agcockup.php).

Though, in fairness, at least Pokemon.com let us see what they were. I seriously can't make anything out other than a faint shape and a block of colour for these new ones :/

Searching on items beginning with ティア returned no promising candidates.

Searching on items with similar merchandising codes to other recently revealed Pokémon returned no promising candidates either.

Either they've stepped up the level of information hiding, or have gotten lazy and haven't filed the trademarks yet (or maybe they have but the website is not up-to-date). It really wouldn't be a surprise - we discovered the four newest Pokémon ahead of announcement.

Don't you mean five? Their are five new Pokemon.

And yeah, since this is obviously a leak of info, the trademarks may not be up yet, it would certainly help the speculation a little.

pzstarterseau4zl.png

Yanni88 from Serebii posted that, and I must say that I do now think the third small one may be a squirrel.

...Yeah, I'm not liking that Squirrel. It reminds me of some sorta Neopet.

>_> That's not the actual pokemon.... Just something someone else has drawn based on a bunch of indistinguishable pixels.

I found a high res. picture of the two legendaries. I'm a bit disappointed with them now, they're kinda ugly.

Um, it's not the actual picture. Someone went into Photoshop and drew over the low-res pic.

I found a high-res picture of the Diamond Ledgendary on a japanese message board!!!

Chuck%20Norris.jpg

Seriously though, I was thinking, maybe these new ledgendary's are forged from Diamond and Pearls by ancient wizards?

Doctor Oak said:
>_> That's not the actual pokemon.... Just something someone else has drawn based on a bunch of indistinguishable pixels.

lol

Anyways I swore sentret was a squrrel. If anything, the blue on it looks more like lizard scale skin thingies, or mudkip's head stuff than fur ears. The other looks kind of like a sun with something comming out the top, and the purple one I can't make out at all.

EDIT:

If I were to try to estimate a bit on the appearance I'd make it look something like this:
http://home.comcast.net/~bell.02/DP-concept.JPG

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom