• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.

New Pokémon Ninfia revealed in CoroCoro: New Eeveelution unveiled

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
New Pokémon Ninfia revealed in CoroCoro: New Eeveelution unveiled

Scans from the latest CoroCoro leak have revealed the sixth new Pokémon from the upcoming Pokémon X and Y. The new Pokémon, Ninfia, is a new evolution of Eevee.

Read more on Bulbanews

Bug Catcher Wade

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Reaction score
Just looking, I couldn't guess it's type. Unless somebody who knows enough Japanese can garner from its name what it might be.

Bittersweet

We're very concerned.
Reaction score
The name "Ninfia" is probably a reference to nimbus clouds, so it could be a Flying type, but I'm not willing to say that's certain.

This looks like a really cool Pokémon, can't wait to see it in 3D. :)

Moe

Reaction score
It looks like the sort of Pokemon that should evolve with a high Beauty rating. I really can't see how it could be any type other than normal, it doesn't have any obvious hints of anything else.

NoirGrimoir

Girl with the Ghosts
Reaction score
Or it could evolve from a moon stone, perhaps. I'm guessing Normal-type as well, though Ninfia does sound kind of like 'Nymph', as in like a fairy, so I'll take an option out on flying type.

Issmare

Reaction score
I'm gonna say bug-type because of the butterfly-like ribbon thingies: give Eevee a ribbon, trade it away, evolves into Nynfeon.

CynthiaLover

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Hmm... I'm leaning toward either a Normal-type (judging by it's fairly plain coloring and design) or a Flying-type (due to above mentions of nimbus clouds and the butterfly-like ribbons). Though a Bug-type isn't impossible either, but it seems to lack Bug-type characteristics, the only thing I see are the butterfly ribbons that could possibly connected it to the Bug-type. Either way, it looks adorable. That rounds up the Eeveelutions to a grand total of eight. I wonder what it'll look like in 3D. Guess we'll know soon enough.

Adil

Stranded
Reaction score
I'm going for the Fighting type because I think that the prefix "Nin" might have been taken from the word "Ninja".
A few related examples: Leafia, Glacia etc.

garrison-san

someone in the dark
Reaction score
My money's presently on flying type, due to the sky-blue eyes and assortment of floating/butterfly-shaped ribbons. If that turns out to be the case, then I'm glad that they went with a more interesting design than simply sticking a pair of eagle wings on its back (as I've seen done in countless fan art).

Dieter

Dieter
Reaction score
I think flying is indeed the most plausible, though I consider bug a possibility as well (large, round eyes, the butterfly shapes, the ribbons)
It seems a bit too... decorated? to be a normal type

SnorlaxMonster

Elite Bulbapedian
Reaction score
I think it is going to be Normal-type, particularly because there's only one rather than two like usual.

Also, it would be pretty awesome if it was Nin for Nintendo.

Kouzan

Silent in the trees.
Reaction score
I say Flying-type or Normal-type. To me the bows/feathers look like they could be used as wings.Also as someone above mentioned , the name might derive from nimbus cloud or maybe even nymph.
Either way it's rather cute.

yousuf89

Reaction score
I think its name came from nymph, not the myth one
but another meaning:
- young girl, especially one who inspires lustful feelings
- (attractive young woman): lolita, nymphet, nymphette

SteamKnight

Team Rocket Grunt
Reaction score
Based on Ninfia's coloring (which looks surprisingly similar to Happiny/Chansey/Blissey), I'm going to speculate that this is a normal-type eeveelution. It's just too...well...cheerful and cute to NOT be a normal-type.

Reaction score
It's apparently the Eeveelution with the lowest weight, which makes flying seem likely to me. Pure flying, please. No more of this primary-normal-secondary-flying nonsense.

Blaze24

Reaction score
I actually had received word from someone who works at GameFreak that there was going to be a Pure Flying Eevee evolution. This confirms the statement.

Bouffalant Herdier

Comfort ghost
Reaction score
I'm leading towards it being a Poison-type. It's pink, and the only other type I associate with that color is Psychic, (Espeon already exists) and nin could stand for ninja. Ninjas are often associated with Poison in this series.