• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Pokémon Ninfia revealed in CoroCoro: New Eeveelution unveiled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm...

Looks like that Eevee hung-out with and wanted to be like big sis Audino and Milotic very badly.

That's all I can say. Its interesting choice in color pattern is the only thing that does stands out to me. Otherwise, meh, new Eeveelution. But given the way its been shoved down our throat lately I'd have been annoyed if there was nothing of value coming from it after all that boosted marketing.

Last edited:
Having it be a girl-only evolution would be really cool, actually.

Does anyone know what attacks it looks like it's doing in those pictures of it? One looks like swift, maybe, and the other kind of looks like it might be a fire-type attack, which is weird. :/ Swift sort of suggests it might be Normal type, but I don't know what the other attack might suggest.

As I said, I think it's probably normal type, though I could see flying, and I also think there's a chance at fighting type, since the ribbons remind me of 'dancing' and dancing is kind of like fighting. Meloetta in it pirouette form, is a dancing 'ballet' pokemon is a fighting type after all.

The more people are saying it, the more i think its a female only evolution. Just think about it. This is the 8th evolution of Eevee. If the likelihood of finding a female Eevee is 1/8, that just makes much more sense. As for the type, if its only going to be female, I'd bet its just gonna be normal.

I have to say that its eyes are really creeping me out.

What is wrong with people saying that Ninfia is not an Eeveelution. I mean clearly the scan shows an arrow going from Eevee to Ninfia as well as the other 7 Eeveelutions, also it's name is reminiscent of Leafeon and Glaceon's Japanese names Leafia and Glacia ending in -ia.

When I first saw it, I almost thought it was a Water-type since it's coloring reminds me of Milotic. But we already have Vaporeon for that. Then it reminded me of a Psychic-type, but we already have Espeon. But it's ribbons kind of remind me of Mienshao's sleeves, which lead me to believe it could be possibly Fighting. And it's overall look is reminiscent of Bug-types.

After reading this thread, I can see arguments for both Flying and Dragon-types. As much as I'd love a Dragon-type Eeveelution, I don't think this is it. And I don't really see it as a Normal-type either. Flying seems the most plausible typing to me, right ahead of Fighting.

And I do like the idea of it being a female only evolution. It does look more feminine, but so do a few other Pokemon that aren't necessarily gender specific (Lopunny and Gardevoir come to mind). If it ends up being female only, I still don't think a Normal typing suits it. It would be weird to have both a gender specific evolution and a change in type for the same evolutionary line in the same generation, so I'm not sure what to think.

As you can tell, I'm pretty undecided about what type it is/should be. But if I had to make a decision, I'm going to have to go with Flying.

I think it will be a fighting type. Not too much reminiscent of other types except Psychic...and I imagine a normal type eeveelution would look more like eevee itself.

I really like the design. It seems people are quite 50/50 on that though at the moment.
If I had to guess I'd go with flying. It looks normal to me the most but I doubt it would be.

I don't like the idea of making a pokemon with bows on it female exclusive. That seems a little sexist.

Boy pokemon should get to wear bows and tassels too you know.

Besides, it's wearing a hairbow and a bowtie, it's possible that that is a gender difference, bowtie for boy, hairbow for girl. Though I'm really all for girly looking boy pokemon.

Yay! I got a Eeveelution for my Birthday. (I read the other thread about this, one that has the link the magazine on Corocoro or whatever, and it said it was leaked on February 11, which is my birthday.)

I like how it looks. I don't know about you guys, but I can see some Eeveelution in there. Victini is hogging the spotlight though, if you know what I mean. Thing looks gigantic compared to the other Eeveelutions though, and I think the ribbon like feelers on it's neck are too long, but we'll see.

I know what type it is guys! It's the Ninja Type!

I don't remember what the source was, but there was speculation on the scan itself. There were two Kanji symbols, and the one attributed to Ninfia was a symbol meaning "celestial" or "autumn," indicating to me that this particular Lution will be a brand new type. The other Kanji symbol was for "mountain," and my guess would be a ground or rock type. Duh.
Again, don't take my word for it, but this is the sort of thing I've been hearing.

EDIT: Am I the only one who thinks it's creepy? Its eyes look like dialated bird eggs.

If this wasn't Eevee I'd have said Normal/Flying. I think I'll go with Normal because it looks kinda similar to Eevee in terms of colour.

Ninfia is a ghost type. Creepy little f***er.
I'm going to say bug. Mostly because of the butterfly bows.

Last edited:
I think it's a normal type. It just doesn't look anything else to me besides psychic, which we already have Espeon for. But I think it's adorably cute nonetheless! And because of this, I've decided to call it Fluffeon until the real English name is revealed. Fluffy is a cutesy, common, and well, pretty normal name for pets. So I combined it with "eon." ;3

It should have -eon at the end of its name :(

Other than that detail, I think it looks like a cool pokemon. So far, I am definitely liking gen VI pokemon more than the Gen V ones

It's English name will. The Japanese names of Eeveelutions never had "eon" in their names, so yeah.

I'm rooting for the name being Nympheon. I think I was the first person on the site to suggest the name came from 'nymph' and it seems like that might be correct, so I'm really proud of that fact.

I don't see how "Ninf" is similar to "Nymph." Yeah, they sound similar, but have different spellings. Two different words with similar pronunciations usually have vastly different meanings.

I'm still hoping for Fluffeon. ^^

I don't see how "Ninf" is similar to "Nymph." Yeah, they sound similar, but have different spellings. Two different words with similar pronunciations usually have vastly different meanings.

I'm still hoping for Fluffeon. ^^
Japanese isn't written using Latin letters; Ninfia was romanized phonetically. If this was a trademarked romanization you may have had a point, but this is the straight Hepburn. If you wanted to write "Nymph" in Japanese, it would be romanized as "Ninfu".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom