• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Pokémon Ninfia revealed in CoroCoro: New Eeveelution unveiled

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he/she might be Normal-type Eeveelution because the starting letter "N" of Ninfia is same as "Normal" word. And the pink-colored design (remember Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Chansey and Skitty? they are all pink Normal-types), too.

If this was actually revealed to be Normal-type Eeveelution, Eevee will no longer be sad as he/she can keep his/her typing during evolution, like most Pokémon with evolution lines.

I actually had received word from someone who works at GameFreak that there was going to be a Pure Flying Eevee evolution. This confirms the statement.

Did he tell you anything else...?

It's apparently the Eeveelution with the lowest weight, which makes flying seem likely to me. Pure flying, please. No more of this primary-normal-secondary-flying nonsense.

But then Tornadus wouldn't be unique anymore.

Does this really matter?

I think it won't be Ninfeon when it comes to the US, it'll probably be something more clever.

I actually had received word from someone who works at GameFreak that there was going to be a Pure Flying Eevee evolution. This confirms the statement.
Since you only have 1 post on this forum, I can't find you very creditable.

Am I alone in thinking Ninfia might be a Dragon type? D: All Eevolutions so far have been Special Types, and Dragon is the only Special type left without an Eevolution.

That said, I love Ninfia's design, he's just too cute. x3 Though watch everyone refer to him as "her" more often because he's so cute. ._.

I'm gonna go ahead and bring forth my own speculation of Ninfeon/Ninfia's type based on the basic trope of the Eeveelutions so far:

All 7 of the current Eeveelutions are a special type (Water, Electric, Fire, Psychic, Dark, Grass, and Ice). The only special type that hasn't been taken as an Eeveelution as of yet is the Dragon type. So, I'm proposing the assumption that Ninfeon/Ninfia is actually a Dragon type. It may not look like it of course, but then Altaria and Swablu don't look like Dragons either, as well as Vibrava and Flygon. This might be a cute take of a Dragon type too. You may all disagree, but when you look at the evidence, it makes a lot of sense.

Of course if I'm wrong, I won't be upset, since it does look like a Normal type.

Anyone else notice that at the bottom of the page with the Eevee with 7 blue arrows pointing to the current Eevee evolutions that a red arrow points to Ninfia.

I am definatly in the camp of its going to be a Girl exclusive evolution.

1 in 8 Eevees being a girl
Picture with the red arrow while others blue
Butterfly like ribbons and pink colouring

Gotta be and I'll willing to eat humble pie if I'm wrong.

Anyone else notice that at the bottom of the page with the Eevee with 7 blue arrows pointing to the current Eevee evolutions that a red arrow points to Ninfia.

I am definatly in the camp of its going to be a Girl exclusive evolution.

1 in 8 Eevees being a girl
Picture with the red arrow while others blue
Butterfly like ribbons and pink colouring

Gotta be and I'll willing to eat humble pie if I'm wrong.

That's a definite possibility as there are female-only and male-only species that already exist in the Pokemon world (Illumise and Volbeat for example). My thinking is that the red arrow is just to illustrate that this is a new evolution, and it's supposed to catch the reader's eye.

Sure, everybody here believe in you.

sarcasm mode off

If we're purely going on appearances then I would speculate that this little cutie is either a Flying-type, Dragon-type or a brand new type entirely, like Light-type or Rainbow-type. I think the name Ninjia is closer to the word "nymph". This Pokemon certainly is a little nymph-like in appearance, looking rather feminine and colourful. I'm willing to speculate as others have that this might even be a female-only Eeveelution, which would kind of make her a rarity to get in-game because of the 1 in 8 gender ratio for female Eevee.

Would be really funny if it is a Flying-type, though. Skyla would be adding this little sweetie to her team, post-haste.

They seem to be hyping the type just a little based on them not revealing it up front. I speculate, in increasing order of how much it would excite people:

Normal
Bug
Dragon
Flying
A BRAND NEW TYPE

Google Translate "Ninfu" is Japanese for "Nymph" So I believe, Ninfia will be Nympheon in english. It seems pretty obvious, I think it will be a new type, like, FAIRY TYPE or something, but mostly I think it will be FLYING TYPE.

FAIRY TYPE
That's pretty much half of the Normal type.

Look at Clefairy, Blissey, Delcatty, Audino, etc. This pokémon has more than a passing resemblance to those.

Also worth mentioning it's all about ribbons. The "type items" of the Normal type have all been Pink Bow and Silk Scarf and things like that.

Who says this is the only new eeveeloution though? There could be a dragon-type one we don't know about yet, leaving formerly Physical types open for taking.

Hey! Can anyone validate this?

Land of Keys and Scales

If it's true...I predicted it so many years ago! ToT *Tears of joy*

.....That might be a bunch of baloney.

There's no need for a Light type, because the only technical reason would be to counter Dark types....which are already weak to Bug and Fighting. Try searching for more convincing fake stuff again, will you?

There's no need for a Light type, because the only technical reason would be to counter Dark types....which are already weak to Bug and Fighting. Try searching for more convincing fake stuff again, will you?

Well, you know, you could be more polite. =] I don't ever remember saying it was real.

^I must agree with that, for the most part. I'm not sure I'm positive in the gut that it'll be a Flying-type, but I can sort of see it. If it is, I'd like to see how it's going to fly. XD I think it's just the color throwing me off. That color sort of says Fire or Psychic to me, but those types are already taken... I can even sort of see Bug. It'd be one cute dragon!
I wonder when they're gonna tell us... ._.

I think it'll be flying, I can imagine it gently floating along on those ribbons. Plus it looks like Skyla.

Well, you know, you could be more polite. =] I don't ever remember saying it was real.

I'm just touchy with fake spoilers. Forgive me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom