• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Pokémon on the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FabuVinny

May the Aura be with you.
Reaction score
Coro Coro have revealed that the first new Pokémon since April will be revealed next month. All we know at the moment is that it will appear in the next movie.

So the Ranger movie will have new pokemon. Every new pokemon we know of has been revealed by a movie, even more than has ever been precedented. This now makes three movies that have featured a fourth gen poke. These same pokes have been shown in the anime, except for Manyura, and Rukario only shows up in the beginning sequence. These pokes follow the formula that they became the mascots for the fourth gen, and that is usually how it goes, other than the random legendary or two that gets featured in a movie. I was not familiar with the pokemon community when G/S were coming out, so I do not remember under what circumstances the three starters were revealed, but I do know that the three starters of Ru/Sa were revealed as a mistake on the official site, announcing the Advanced Generation of the anime series. However, before that, we got numerous random pokemon from all over, from screenshots. This should be what happens now, but seeing as this is a movie, we will probably be seeing a legendary. I know Rukario is not confirmed as a legendary, but it's a pretty safe bet to assume it is one.

I really wonder why most new generation Pokemon are shown in the movie.. And I wonder how much longer it's going to be until they actually show ALL the 4th Generation Pokemon.. I wonder what the new Pokemon is gonna be.. Maybe an evolution? or Pre-evolution.

Hopefully, it will be a unique Pokémon this time. There can't be many more evolutions/pre-evolutions.

And we should be able to see all of them around the release of D/P, so hopefully by the end of the year.

Yes, all of them get listed by the time someone gets their hands on the game and plays it. In the past, Meowth of Pokefor would sometimes be able to find a registered poke name before anyone else knows of it, but now that his site is gone, that is no longer a possibility.

FabuVinny said:
Hopefully, it will be a unique Pokémon this time. There can't be many more evolutions/pre-evolutions.
You know that Bulbasaur/Squirtle/Charmander are in need of a pre-evo. :dizzy:

...it's really about time. We needed this :D

Sceptile726 said:
In the past, Meowth of Pokefor would sometimes be able to find a registered poke name before anyone else knows of it, but now that his site is gone, that is no longer a possibility.
I don't know if it's the same source that Chris (f.k.a. Meowth346) used, but I've been checking this site daily for new names...without success.

Didn't Nintendo cotton on to that and start registering false names such as Jumori etc?

My hopes aren't that high personally. Snubbull and Slowking are really the only 2 Pokémon I've instantly liked upon revelation, and if this is actually the legend, that'll only compound things even further.

That is true, some of the names never came to pass as a real pokemon. People are still wondering about that string of what appeared to be game names. Pokemon Amethyst, White Gold, Topaz, and others that I can't remember accurately. Pearl may have been one of these names. The only one I can remember pokemon-wise was Umigorou, who was speculated to be the then unknown final evolution of the Water starter Mizugorou (Mudkip). This did not happen, though. Its final evo was named Raguraaji. There were other names, however, that no one believed to be real pokes that were later proven to be real. He had the entire list of poke names before the game was released and no one believed it. It's really a hit and miss sort of thing. The only thing that is more accurate is to just wait for something to give us a name, usually with a picture or shadow of a poke. They like to keep some mystery in there. I certainly hope that we are getting a real picture and not a shadow, because it would just be demeaning to tease us like that.

Didn't Nintendo cotton on to that and start registering false names such as Jumori etc?

If I remember correctly, Warner Bros started doing the same thing with Harry Potter and started to register names like "Harry Potter and the Pyramids of Whatever" and such.

I'm actually hoping for new Eevee-lutions. I won't be happy until there is an Eevee-lution of every type.

Yuck, that's overkill. I don't want anything more than a Grass Eevee - simply because it makes sense that there would be an Eevee for all six evo stones - even if Espeon and Umbreon don't actually use the stones they represent.

I hope this particular one isn't an eeveelution since we already know Munchlux, Bonsly, Manene and Manyula. Lucario is the only original 4th-gen Pokémon we have so far!

It would be nice if this is also not a legendary. (Granbull appeared in the opening of movie 1 and Wailmer appeared in the opening of movie 5. The last two movies have also included 4th-gen non-legendary Pokémon.)

Personally I think all we're going to get is a Shadow like we did with Lucario.

At that, I also think we're just going to get the next Legendary - the Water Prince.

I think the smaller Pokemon that'll just cameo in the movie ('Cause there will be some new ones) will probably come next month with the unveiling of the shadow.

Although i'd love to be wrong and see the new Pokemon in all it's glory right off - and about 50 other new Pokeys. ^^

I hope it isn't.........a next pokemon baby. I will be angry if I see a next cute happy pre-evolution.

Water Pokémon Master said:
Water Pokemon!!!
Bearing in mind the setting of the next movie, that is actually a very good possibility. We're bound to have quite a few new water Pokémon anyway, so this is as good a time as any to reveal one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom