• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Pokémon Oorotto revealed in Nintendo eShop Trailer: New Pokémon premieres in Nint

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
New Pokémon Oorotto revealed in Nintendo eShop Trailer: New Pokémon premieres in Nintendo ...

New Pokémon revealed.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: New Pokémon Oorotto revealed in Nintendo eShop Trailer: New Pokémon premieres in

I almost want Fennekin to be Fire/Fighting just to spite those who defaulted to the Fire-type and/or fox Pokémon.
As for Horroot here, it seems to be Grass/Ghost. Given that it appears in swarms, I don't think it'll have a prevo... Weird, considering how second-stage it looks.

Re: New Pokémon Oorotto revealed in Nintendo eShop Trailer: New Pokémon premieres in

They're taking the hobbits to Isengard?

Very cool, if kind of creepy. I can imagine these becoming something dreaded in-game xD

IIRC, the US eShop usually updates every thursday, right? So does that mean we'll probably get the US trailer and the thing's English name tomorrow sometime?

Huh, that Oorotto reminds me a lot of Woodmon and Cherrymon from Digimon. Probably just my imagination.

Anyway, pretty interesting stuff. Fennekin's type combo (if it has one) is becoming more and more blurry with each passing video. You just can't tell anymore what it'll be. I just hope they reveal the info soon, as it's getting pretty hard to wait now.

The trailer also unveiled that Fennekin learns a move called Glow Punch.

If there's another fire/fighting type..... :bawl:

Uh-oh, Glow Punch? We might be getting Fire/Fighting after all!

This Tree Pokemon better be Grass Type! (Sudowoodo is a lie!)

Just because Fennekin can learn a punching move doesn't automatically mean it'll be Fire/Fighting. xP

Ledyba and Ledian can learn Comet Punch, but they're not Fighting type. Other non-Fighting type Pokemon can learn Focus Punch as well. And does the trailer even SAY that Glow Punch is a Fighting type move?

As for this new Pokemon, yeah, looks like Grass/Ghost to me. Kinda cool. :D

Just because Fennekin can learn a punching move doesn't automatically mean it'll be Fire/Fighting. xP

Ledyba and Ledian can learn Comet Punch, but they're not Fighting type. Other non-Fighting type Pokemon can learn Focus Punch as well. And does the trailer even SAY that Glow Punch is a Fighting type move?

As for this new Pokemon, yeah, looks like Grass/Ghost to me. Kinda cool. :D

I was gonna state that. To me Glow Punch looks more like a Psychic or Fairy type move to me rather than a Fighting move. Maybe even a Fire type move (though we already have a Fire type punch like move so why would they add another). Typholsion can be taught Fighting moves and it's pure Fire.

I like this new guy he looks really cool imo. I keep hearing people compare him to a Digimon like Woodmon, but personally I think it's not similar enough. I don't see it.

This new Oorotto pokemon has me creeped out, yet intrigued. It looks so creepy! But yet it looks awesome! I definitely need to train one in my Y game.
If I was Serena/Calem, though, I'd freak out and run away. Five of those appearing at once? Nuh uh, nope, nope. I'll just use run away. xD.
I hope it becomes Grass/Ghost, so that Gardenia can finally have her "dream" come true~ ;) Hehe. xD.

I like this new guy he looks really cool imo. I keep hearing people compare him to a Digimon like Woodmon, but personally I think it's not similar enough. I don't see it.
A comparison of Cherrymon and Oorotto.
Cherrymon_b.jpg
pokemon_x_and_y__oorotto_v_2_by_drosewood67-d6e0av6.jpg

A comparison of Cherrymon and Oorotto.
Cherrymon_b.jpg
pokemon_x_and_y__oorotto_v_2_by_drosewood67-d6e0av6.jpg
The only similarity this is it's spider like legs the rest of Oorotto is distinctive enough in my opinion. Cherrymon doesn't have the bushes on it's arms, Oorotto is lot slender than Cherrymon. And it's "foliage" on it's head is alot smaller. Sure it has similarities, but not enough. to me. It's hard to make a tree monster without copying something else to some extent.

And honestly I'm tired of people saying "new Pokemon look like Digimin now lol lol." There shouldn't be a stereotype or set look of whatever a Pokemon or Digimon should look like. It's whatever the respective creators say they are.

True. However, only Pokemon with distinct hands are capable of learning punching moves at all, which strongly implies Fennekin will at least evolve into something bipedal.

On the other hand, said Pokemon learn punching moves strictly after evolving (e.g. you don't find any Gastly knowing Shadow Punch), and Fennekin is shown using a presumed punching move without evolving first.

True. However, only Pokemon with distinct hands are capable of learning punching moves at all, which strongly implies Fennekin will at least evolve into something bipedal.

Not true. Ampharos and Raichu have no hands, but they can learn Thunderpunch and Focus Punch, respectively.

By "hands" I think people mean limbs that don't touch the ground at all times. Pokemon like Ninetales and Donphan can't learn any punching attacks, but Pokemon like Azumarill, Sandslash, and Furret can. It's not hands so much as it is arms.

I think that learning Glow Punch does suggest it will evolve into a bipedal Pokemon, but not necessarily a fighting type. Although the possibility is a bit more likely now.

It better not be bipedal or Fire/Fighting type. We have yet to have a Fire starter that is quadrupedal and REMAINS so throughout evolution.

I'm surprised the English name hasn't been revealed yet. But if I were to guess, maybe they're waiting until Saturday.

When I first saw Oorotto, I thought it looked like a possible Sudowoodo evo...very creepy/cool looking Pokemon :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom