• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Pokémon RPG Announced: Possible Generation V game on its way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Generation 6 will introduce Robot Oak and gives you a choice between 10 starter Pokemon or a stick to fend of wild Pokemon with. Your rival is Evil Lincoln.
Who's the evil team, and can you fight them off with the stick too?

Who's the evil team, and can you fight them off with the stick too?
Team Bananas and no, you can't, otherwise they throw bananas at you.

And who wants bananas thrown at them, yucky.

Even though at first I was kinda pissed about gen V coming so suddenly, I'm entirely accepting of it now.

So, is it too soon to start gen VI speculation?

1 gen: 3 years
2 gen: 3 years
3 gen: 4 years
4 gen: late 2004, 4 years
5 gen: 2010 almost 2011, 5 years

HOW IS IT EARLY?

Gen 5 was CONFIRMED to be on the DS. NOT THE DS 2. Stop speculating random incorrect info.

HOW IS IT EARLY?

I don't get these dates. Are they based on release or reveal dates? Either way, Generation IV was released in late 2006 and Generation V was announced at the start of 2010.

Generation 6 will introduce Robot Oak and gives you a choice between 10 starter Pokemon or a stick to fend of wild Pokemon with. Your rival is Evil Lincoln.

A Neo Team Magma - Aqua - Galactic mix up. That sounds neat though..I doubt it.

What hasn't Game Freak done before?

We've had a mafia/yakuza, a Neo mafia/yakuza, environmental extremists cults and an actually well-designed extremist cult.

I don't get these dates. Are they based on release or reveal dates? Either way, Generation IV was released in late 2006 and Generation V was announced at the start of 2010.

It's the "Generation # announced dates". The point is, there's been so many that the start of 5 is the semi-end of the ds cycle. It is NOT early. It's almost late in fact.

No its still early. We have been getting longer and longer gens but they likely will stop at 4 years.

Why so impossible? Explain yourself please?

I was talking about how other people were whining and complaining about it being "too soon" and that it was for the DS instead of it's sucessor. I'm not a fan of sarcasm myself, but there's times when it's needed...

Even though at first I was kinda pissed about gen V coming so suddenly, I'm entirely accepting of it now.

So, is it too soon to start gen VI speculation?

I honestly don't see what's bad about it... I really don't.:-/

I find it really ironic how we got assumptions of a werewolf around the same time that we got that "Wolfman" movie being advertised now.

1 gen: 3 years
2 gen: 3 years
3 gen: 4 years

HOW IS IT EARLY?
a. Check your dates. b. Time between the games isn't what pissed me off. It's the fact that gen III had at least 2 years pre release, and Diamond and Pearl were announced in 2004 what with munchlax, so that wound up being like 2.5 years of buildup. Having like 10ish months is a bit of a change.

No its still early. We have been getting longer and longer gens but they likely will stop at 4 years.

Well that just shows how much people still like Pokemon, if a Gen can hold out that long. Plus I feel its not good to rush things too much and to be honest, I feel this Gen has went on long enough and time for a new one.

Oh and I am wondering, when did this become a thread about what could be in a Gen V game? Don't we have a thread for that already? I thought this was a thread about discussing what these games could possibly be, not what we want to see in them, but I guess there would not not a lot to discuss at moment if we did that.

Gen. III smells a LOT like Gen. I, so much I often think of it as the Return Of The Jedi of the Pokemon trilogy.

Taillow line = Pidgey line
Anorith, Lileep line = Omanyte, Kabuto line
Feebas, Milotic = Magikarp, Gyarados
Beautifly, Dustox lines = Caterpie, Butterfree line, also similar to Venemoth
Crawdaunt line = Kingler line
Gardevoir line = Alakazam line
Gulpin, Swalot = Snorlax
Salamence line = Dragonite line
Jirachi = Mew

Generation Three was suppose to be like One wasn't it but also different at the same time because it was kinda introducing Pokemon to New Fan's. Some of the Pokemon which were based of Similar Animal's to Generation One looked better in Generation Three.

Also there has always been Small and Cute but Legendary Pokemon, Jirachi wasn't a copy of Mew^^

1 = Original
2 = Expansion (many babies and related evo's)
3 = New blood, though copies (Booger's post)
4 = Expansion (many related evo's, i.e. the whole last part of the PokeDex)
5 = New blood!

I thought all gens were pretty cool... stop hating. Gen 4 had tangrowth, my fav ever. The electabuzz/magmar evos were pretty sick. Plus we got to see who created them all. Pokemon universe has multiple gods? WHO KNEW RIGHT?

You know if this is a "true" reboot, I would love to see them finally take the main legends they have and craft a coherent mythology around them, y'know, like as a pantheon of Gods? They could of course incorporate some new legendaries into it, which I wouldn't mind (Pokemon representing life and afterlife, perhaps) at all.

Not as the main plot, but more like a back story told throughout the games in texts and NPCs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom