• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Pokémon RPG Announced: Possible Generation V game on its way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I always believed that Gen V would reveal another 107 pokémon, to keep on a even number of 600.

They stopped the even number business with Gen III, sadly (see: 386 and 493). It bugs me. 7 more for Gen IV and it would have been nice and round.
Gunpei Yokoi created it as 'a 3-D take on the Game Boy', hence the name.

Yes, but it wasn't something you could take around and play on the bus or something. Not portable enough.

*has an actual Virtual Boy in front of him*

*stands it up next to his vertically-standing PS3 Slim*

Huh. The Virtual Boy is taller. And thicker.

Also, let's apply a failure from over 15 years ago to 2010!

I love you.

That's what I mean by 600. A nice, clean number.

Ooh, ooh, would there be any new moves? I'd like a fire type take on Volt Tackle. Blaze Tackle.

I'm willing to bet this is gen 5.

As said earlier in the thread:
Gen 1
Red / Green: 1996
Yellow: 1998

Gen 2
Gold / Silver: 1999
Crystal: 2000

Gen 3
Ruby / Sapphire: 2002
Fire Red / Leaf Green: 2004
Emerald: 2004

Gen 4
Pearl / Diamond: 2006
Platinum: 2008
Heart Gold / Soul Silver: 2009

Gen 5?
2010?

It doesn't LOOK like a fifth gen should be expected under these circumstances, but it actually is. This would be the start of 5 as opposed to the end of four. ie gen 1 - 2 = 3 years, gen 2 - 3 = 3 years, gen 3 - 4 = 4 years, and gen 4 was released 4 years ago. in fact I think gen 4 is the slowest gen on releases we've had so far. Look how spread apart all those dates are.

Anyway, there will be no Crystal remake, please stop kidding yourselves. And this is probably 5th gen. At very least, if it isn't, we should get at least SOME new Pokemon revealed soon. Hopefully this isn't another spin off, but I am prepared for that should it happen again.

Ooh, ooh, would there be any new moves? I'd like a fire type take on Volt Tackle. Blaze Tackle.

Every Generation has new moves.

Re: New Gamefreak Pokemon title for the DS in 2010

Shadow Pokémon were not a creation of GameFreak.

Oh no this is GameFreak they won't change things like that. Besides, children and any other player would hate that.

So?

Yeah, suppose so.

That's what I mean by 600. A nice, clean number.

There already is: Flare Drive/ Flare Blitz

o_O

And maybe Glacier Tackle, Solar Tackle, Aqua Tackle, Draco Tackle, Shadow Tackle, Iron Tackle, Gust Tackle...

And maybe Glacier Tackle, Solar Tackle, Aqua Tackle, Draco Tackle, Shadow Tackle, Iron Tackle, Gust Tackle...

LOLWut? Yeah, Spark might be Uber but I doubt they will do all kinds of elemantal tackles, and I doubt they will be named in a similiar fashion to elemental Punches and elemental Fangs.

I s'pose. Though I have always wanted other pokémon that know Volt Tackle. *cough* Shinx *cough*

I s'pose. Though I have always wanted other pokémon that know Volt Tackle. *cough* Shinx *cough*

Me too. But it's Pikachu's and Pichu's signature move... Goddamn mascots

I believe Jigglypuff-line will be the one to get some new toys. Pikachu got Volt Tackle and Light Ball in Gen III. Clefairy-line got Magic Guard in Gen IV. I believe it's Jigglypuff-line's time.

It feels to me as if the DP gen is being cut short. Is this the same timespan as it was from R/S to DP?

And the names of the games? Umm... Topaz and Opal, plz.

It feels to me as if the DP gen is being cut short. Is this the same timespan as it was from R/S to DP?
Mostly, just the Anime will likely not get a filler saga. Or a frontier. But dawn will likely leave by September. Yeah no idea where its going either.

Ruby/Sapphire's release date(Japan): November 21, 2002

Diamond/Pearl's release date(Japan): September 28, 2006

You do the math.

I almost choked on my damn Cherrios when I found out about this on Serebii. I had an earlier assumption in another thread about the possibiliy of Gen V coming to Japan late this fall, but I still think it's kinda early... but if my assumption was right, it'll be a huge slap in the face for me.

If it's something brand-new new, like something utterly different.... well, I'll be just as excited.:party:

POKÉMON XD: GoD SEQUEL. GET.

THIS HAS MADE MY DAY SOMEWHAT HAPPIER, BUT NOT HAPPY ENOUGH.

Hmmm... Maybe. Would have to be on DS, tho, as they said it would be a new ds game.

Hmmm... Maybe. Would have to be on DS, tho, as they said it would be a new ds game.

Yeah I know, I was just getting hopeful :c

By "everything is planned to be born anew", I really... wonder, what they mean.

Yeah I know, I was just getting hopeful :c

By "everything is planned to be born anew", I really... wonder, what they mean.

I didn't include this in the news article when I added that in (because it would have sounded clunky), but the exact quote from the article was "everything is planned to be innovatively born anew" (emphasis mine)...

Not quite sure what that's implying - it could just as easily just be prettying up the sentence to garner hype - but it's something to think about I suppose. Or it could be absolutely nothing worth considering.

goddammit I really really want to order next month's Corocoro but Amazon's overseas shipping is so outrageous... D8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom