• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Pokémon RPG Announced: Possible Generation V game on its way

Status
Not open for further replies.
So why didn't they use this on Cyndaqul? Using the Cyndaquil line on the Stadium and Col series, it just causes flat red rectanges to shoot out it's back.
I think it has something to do with hoe Cyndaquil's flames are drawn in the art as well.

As it is right now the sprites don't even move, they just sit there and shoot little sparkles at each other.

Just pointing out that most of the time, when a Pokemon attacks, they just do their default poses in the 3D games as well.

Zeta: Beats me. The point is that if they actually try it can look pretty nice.

And agreed Outrage, PBR had horrible graphics. I mean, it was "HD", but it was also very inaccurate. I would prefer full 3D if it was done correctly but as is and with size constraints cel shaded would be a good way to make good looking 3D on the DS. I know they had default poses, but at least the default poses would move around a bit, even if it was just swaying from side to side or twitching. It just feels more realistic to have some sort of motion, otherwise I feel like I'm looking at static pictures... because I am. It was okay for the first few games but once I got used to seeing it in 3D I felt like it was time for a bit of definition in the RPGs too. Battrio is the best example of how it could work I can find, good work there.

In general the public likes 3D is all I'll say. Pokemon Stadium and Pokemon Stadium 2 sold extremely well and their main (and only) gimmick was seeing Pokemon from R/B/Y in 3D. It just seems like it's time the handheld games stepped it up a bit too.

I think all together it still looks pretty bad.

Also I think these pokemon deserve evo's.
Rapidash - It could be like a pegasis pokemon maybe fire/flying.
Farfetch'd - Maybe a big bird pokemon.
Weezing - Early a Zeplon pokempon was mentioned and I agree.
Jynx - An old lady pokemon or ice queen.
Eevee - Maybe Spiriteon or Dragoneon.
Girafarig - Maybe it could have two heads?
Durnasparce - It should be either Normal/Flying or Normal/Ground.
Tediursa - A branch evo to a polar bear.
Qwilfish - Just a bigger version I've seen less creative evo's.
Magcargo - A big Snail Pokemon covered in rock is what I imagine.
Corsola - Maybe a dried up coral pokemon.
Octilary - A squid pokemon.
Delibird - A huge whte halk pokemon.
Smeargle - I can't really think of anything but I think it needs one
Masquirain - Pretty much a version of it with four wings and really high speed
Mawhile - A huge monster covered in steel.
Volbeat/Illumise - Since both these pokemon are realated they should both evolve into an electric/bug lightningbug pokemon.
Spinda - Not much to say about this.
Seviper - A snake in armor it'll be Steel/Poison.
Bannette - A think it got cut off because Dusclops got one.
Chimecho - Maybe Chimecho with many tales.
Luvdisc - Maybe a mermaid pokemon?
Kriketune - A bug scary bug pokemon.
Combee - Maybe a male evo?
Pachirisu - A flying sqiarel of course!
Gasrtodon - I think it should be made related to lapras.
And Pre-evos
Onix - Maybe a small ground worm?
Lickitung - I can imagine it being pretty cute.
Tangela - On a video on youtube someone had a pokemon with a sprouting seed I think it's perfect.
Kangaskhan - How long have people said they wanted to play as the baby?
Scyther - A cute little bug pokemon maybe a branch evo to Pinsir.
Tauros/Miltank - A little caf.
Girafarig - Maybe just it could be just it's tail?
Shuckle - An incredbly wesk yelow worm pokemon.
Volbeat/Illumise - An incrdbley small and cute bug type.
Topius - I don't have much to say about this.
Absol - A small dog pokemon with a small blade.

I know some of these are pretty on creative.

Animals that should be based off pokemon that I haven't mentioned.
Flamingo
Zebra
Ram
Koala
Antalode
Anteater
Donkey
Dolphin
Mosquito
Buffalo
Vulture
Goat

Why would a male combee need an evolution? It defeats the whole purpose of the Combee line's theme.

Personally, I like 3D Pokemon as much as the 2D ones... but the 3D seems to work better on the Gamecube and Wii games, while the 2D goes better with the handhelds. But like what was brought up earlier, sometime down the road the graphics on the main handheld series are bound to improve. As long as knowledge is expanded in human beings, technology might as well follow it. If you want to play a game with better 3D graphics than the Stadiums, Colosseum, XD, and PBR, then that's what the PS3's and the Xbox's are for... otherwise, what we see in Pokemon is what we get.

Just pointing out that most of the time, when a Pokemon attacks, they just do their default poses in the 3D games as well.

This is true. The best result would be that an animation would be coded for each Pokémon/move combination, but that would be rather resource hungry on a Wii game, let alone a DS game.

Something I've been wondering for a while is that why Gen IV games' sprites have only two animation frames (three or four for Trainers), which are rotated, moved and scaled, instead of the "better" animations we already saw in Crystal? They had many frames.

Pokemon definitely doesn't need to go fully 3D. I think Gen V will have a lot more 3D environments, semi 3D sprites, & maybe 3D moves.

3d would be crap on the ds

also if Gen 5 doesn't have a console RPG (like Colosseum) i am going to go insane

Pokemon definitely doesn't need to go fully 3D. I think Gen V will have a lot more 3D environments, semi 3D sprites, & maybe 3D moves.

^This. Correct me if I'm wrong, but to me the semi-3D surroundings in the landscapes and buildings in HG/SS seem a TINY bit more 3D-ish or slightly improved from D/P/Pt. I could be seeing things though...:sweatlol:

But yeah, I also think Gen V can have a few improvements 3D-wise from Gen 4, but not COMPLETELY 3D though.

I personally think only the battles need to be 3D, but I was surprised how many people were against it. Maybe I was really the only one who liked Stadium >.>

I think sprites should remain an option, but a 3D arena for wifi would be sweet

^This. Correct me if I'm wrong, but to me the semi-3D surroundings in the landscapes and buildings in HG/SS seem a TINY bit more 3D-ish or slightly improved from D/P/Pt. I could be seeing things though...:sweatlol:

But yeah, I also think Gen V can have a few improvements 3D-wise from Gen 4, but not COMPLETELY 3D though.

The distortion world's 3D is better than HG/SS

I do think that the battle system should be in 3D

Gasrtodon - I think it should be made related to lapras.

If they wanted Gastrodon and Lapras to be related to each other evolution-wise, they would've done so already. I don't see them suddenly giving us an item that makes Gastrodon evolve into Lapras.

And Pre-evos
Kangaskhan - How long have people said they wanted to play as the baby?

Haven't they always called that little purple thing a baby Kangaskhan? We've gone three generations and we still have nothing more specific about it than a baby Kangaskhan. Surely by now we would've known if it was a pre-evolved Pokemon with a different name.

As far as Gen. V Pokémon go, I hope they decided to use some new type combination. Things like rock/dragon or even counter-intuitive ones like fire/water would be pretty cool.
It seems like they create the Pokémon first then give it a type. It'd be interesting if they picked a type and tried to work a Pokémon into it.

remora has a suction cup like finn on top of is head, and octopus have alot of suction cups in the arms, that is the only connection that i can think

And even though Gen V will be on the DS, that doesn't mean we won't see a situation like with G/S. Playable on the old system, but meant for the new one. It's a wise decision on Nintendo's part actually. It takes a while for a new system to become mainstream. Back when the DS came out everybody had GBAs so they held off for a while to get a DS. And now that the DS has been around for like 6 years that means everybody everywhere has one & not everybody is gonna jump when the DS2 hits. It took the DS about two years to become mainstream. They won't put anything new on the DS2 until it's been settled in comfortably (hence then 2006 D/P release.) So sometime after Gen V hits Japan they'll get the DS2 (probably early-mid 2011) then the rest of the world will get the same treatment. And whenever they make a third Gen V game it'll only be on the DS2 (akin to Crystal & the GBC.) That is assuming that Pokemon will be like this in a year. I think Gen V will be radically different in quite a few ways then previous generations so it's all iffy atm.
Do you SERIOUSLY expect Nintendo will allow to release game for new console BEFORE that console will be released? That would be suicide for Nintendo, since no one will buy the new console only to unlock some hidden functions. Even if Gen5 games will be for DS2 and playable in DS/DSi, it would be stupid for Nintendo to allow its release before DS2 official release.
And, if DS2 will be out in mid 2011 (which I am expecting), about the same time Gen5 games will reach US, it will be the worst marketing-wise, what can happen for both Nintendo and Game Freak. Note that unlike Pokémon games, Nintendo consoles are usually released outside Japan in about a month or two after their Japanese release. So Pokémon fans, who will buy these games will have no reason to buy DS2, while players who will buy DS2 will rather buy DS2 game instead of Pokémon Gen5 games for old console. Pokémon already doesn't mean that much that it meant 10 years ago. Hence it will be fail for both Nintendo and Game Freak.
That's why I still think these new games are not Gen5, because it will be really stupid to release Gen5 games on DS.

And for speculations about Gen5 Pokémon, I'll tell only one thing: please no new Eevee evolutions, pretty please. We already have enough of these and all of them are usually the worst of their types (I only count fully evolved Pokémon, not Pokémon like Magicarp of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom