• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Pokémon RPG Announced: Possible Generation V game on its way

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think nearly every speculation in this thread is WAY off.

What I got from these announcements was that they have been planning to make a NEW styled Pokemon game.
Not a crystal remake, and not another clone of every previous game with some new Pokemon thrown in.

I love the Pokemon games, don't get me wrong! But, every single main series Pokemon game has essentially been the EXACT same game. You have a party of Pokemon, who each have 4 moves you choose from a larger moveset. You level them up 1-100. You have turn based battled, and can catch Pokemon by wandering through grass/water/whatever. You visit what is essentially the same city over and over again: Gym/Pokecenter/Shop/Random houses/Random gimmick. You battle 8 gym leaders, go to the elite four and fight them, then win.

Sure there is some interesting filler, but basically it's all the same shit.

From the sounds of this announcement, they are making a game that breaks out of this tiny little box of generic Pokemon gameplay and trying something DIFFERENT!
=o

Hopefully, the new games will break at least a few of the patterns that are hindering the series' innovation and are just assumed to be integral, when in fact they are dispensable. But even if that happens, the games will still be labeled as a new generation. Failure to do would just mean that the changes in the games wouldn't be permanent, and in that case, why would Game Freak bother to implement them in the first place?

Hopefully, the new games will break at least a few of the patterns that are hindering the series' innovation and are just assumed to be integral, when in fact they are dispensable. But even if that happens, the games will still be labeled as a new generation. Failure to do would just mean that the changes in the games wouldn't be permanent, and in that case, why would Game Freak bother to implement them in the first place?
They already broke half of the reveal patterns, hell everything's thrown outta the window now, its like we're back in gen 1 again where no one had no idea in hell where things are going. I think patterns are all for shit now, and we should have high hopes.

So 3D graphics, touch based attacks, deeper story, different challenges... all become possible.

Agreed with the two above posts. Especially if this is on DS, they're going to have o really push it to the limit to make it a big enough improvement over DPP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom