• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers New Pokémon Snap

Wouldn't the alternative just be an exploration game with little challenge? Like a better looking version of SM with no battling.

Exploration is the natural progression for this concept. A whole game being a few on-rails courses just feels very, very archaic. The original Pokemon Snap is not the type of game I have ever been able to go back to, because it just felt so limited and not substantial enough. It was a fun little game back when I was like 11, but that was it.

Exploration is the natural progression for this concept. A whole game being a few on-rails courses just feels very, very archaic. The original Pokemon Snap is not the type of game I have ever been able to go back to, because it just felt so limited and not substantial enough. It was a fun little game back when I was like 11, but that was it.
The game had lots of hidden secrets you needed right tools, tricks, and timing to unlock. Worth a lot of revisits. I know this for a fact, despite not having played the game myself.

The fact that Grookey and Scorbunny are on the cover of the game while Sobble isn't is a disgrace. Why would they do that? :(

At least Sobble's in the game based on a screenshot I found courtesy of Serebii, so that's cool I guess. Still, Sobble got done dirty, again.

The fact that Grookey and Scorbunny are on the cover of the game while Sobble isn't is a disgrace. Why would they do that? :(

I can’t help but think in this case Sobble was omitted because having a Pokémon that naturally looks unhappy in a game about taking photos goes against people expectations of “smile for the camera”.

I’m so excited for this game though - loved the first and have wanted another game since. Seriously going to build the Labo VR camera soon just on the minuscule off chance that that included some kind of compatibility!

I can’t help but think in this case Sobble was omitted because having a Pokémon that naturally looks unhappy in a game about taking photos goes against people expectations of “smile for the camera”.

I’m so excited for this game though - loved the first and have wanted another game since. Seriously going to build the Labo VR camera soon just on the minuscule off chance that that included some kind of compatibility!
Thing is, they could've easily had Sobble smile. It's shown it can be happy. I just don't see the reason behind having Pichu next to the other Galar starters. That just screams bias to me.

That just screams bias to me.
I don't think Sobble's exclusion is the result of some sort of bias against the Pokémon. And, besides, it's not the first time something like this has happened:
iu
iu
I doubt the exclusion of the other members of the Sinnoh starter trio are because of some bias against them. There are myriads of reasons why Pokémon are and aren't put on cover art, and I think bias is unlikely to be the answer in most cases.

Edit: I wouldn't be surprised if the reason for Sobble's exclusion is because it's on the backside of the box.

Last edited:
I hope this sells well. This can encourage more spin-offs like the Stadium games or Colosseum/XD.

With main series games now on the home console I don’t see a Stadium type game ever happening again - while Colosseum did a lot to make it’s story mode worth while (and did enough to spawn a sequel) these games were initially and primarily to give a way to battle on the big screen. As this is accomplished by Sword\Shield as is I really don’t see much reason for any of those games to be green lit.

(Not saying I don’t want some interesting side games but I find those suggested highly unlikely)

Sobble is there, it's just invisible.

Initially I laughed at this then realised that actually they might make Sobble’s camouflage behaviour a way of making it quite hard to find in the game so more relevant not being visible with the others

:p

I don't see a problem with it being on rails. Who knows, perhaps there will be split paths. Heck, we might be able to stop the car along the way to get better pictures of Pokemon.

This game looks so good! Like, I was already excited for it, but now I'm extremely excited. I didn't play much of the first game. I did have an N64 (still do actually), but I never ended up renting the game. Heck, I didn't even know about it until I got back into Pokemon when I was 16. But I've always loved the concept of getting to take pictures of Pokemon out in the wild doing what Pokemon do. I can easily see myself going back and replaying this one every now and again too.

The graphics are gorgeous. I am not quite so sure about how the people look, something about the shading and lighting on them just feels kind of weird to me, but the Pokemon look amazing, and I love the environments.

I don't mind that the games on rails again, but I would like to see some split paths, or maybe each biome has two or three different paths you can choose from.

It might be difficult, but I think I'm going to try and avoid social media when the game comes out until I can get a chance to play through a good part of it myself. The little hidden secrets you could uncover in the first game were really cool, and I would love if they featured those again. But, I would like to be able to try and find some of them myself.

One thing that piqued my interest was this look at the Pokedex here. I couldn't remember if there was a dex for the first game, and I couldn't find anything about it, but I love this addition. Being able to fill out a dex with pictures that we take is the coolest thing ever. Somehow it makes it feel more like I am actually trying to fill out a Pokedex, rather than just catching Pokemon to gain access to their Pokedex entries. I wonder how this will be implemented into the game. Just looking at the picture, each photo has text below it describing what's going on in the picture. Will we be able to choose pictures and write or pick these phrases in ourselves? Or will Professor Mirror ask for a specific snapshot of a certain Pokemon, and we have to snap a photo of that Pokemon that we think best represents that criteria? Whatever way they are doing it, I think this is really cool.

One thing that piqued my interest was this look at the Pokedex here. I couldn't remember if there was a dex for the first game, and I couldn't find anything about it, but I love this addition. Being able to fill out a dex with pictures that we take is the coolest thing ever. Somehow it makes it feel more like I am actually trying to fill out a Pokedex, rather than just catching Pokemon to gain access to their Pokedex entries.
Now that you mention it, it does feel a lot more natural for a Pokémon Professor to hire what's essentially a wildlife photographer to gather evidence to complete the Pokédex. :unsure:

Anyways, these new additions seem really cool and I can't wait to discover all the little secrets myself. :bulbaLove:

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom