• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers New Pokémon Snap

It has primarina so it's clearly perfect.
Though that makes me wonder how many pokemon will be availlable to cat- I mean, take a picture of, I hope some of the challenging ones are in this game, like mankey throwing magikarp so it can evolve or the flying pikachu..

I was never a fan of the idea of Pokemon Snap coming back because I was afraid it would turn out like this instead of something more ambitious. The original game was fun for a little while back when I was 10 in 1999, but the on-rail level-based gameplay makes it get boring pretty quickly and has deterred me from ever having any interest in looking back at it.

I thought that if Pokemon Snap were to come back, it should be expanded and become a free-exploration adventure game where you yourself explore different areas with some kind of narrative. This... is not what I was looking for, and I feared this is exactly how it would be, and here we are.

Oh well, there are people who will enjoy this, and to each their own.

Confirmed Pokemon so far (they are in, else they won't put them in the trailer)
Bouffalant
Vivillon
Pichu and Pikachu
Grookey
Scorbunny
Drifblim
Primarina
Squirtle and Blastoise (Makes sense if Wartortle also makes it then)
Dodrio
Emolga
Wingull and Pelipper
Pyukumuku
Sharpedo
Lapras
Finneon
Mantine (So i expect Remoraid as well)
Swanna
Pidgeot
Magikarp
Torterra
Wailord
Crabrawler
Potentially seen Poliwag, but i am not sure about that (See a tail in the water, so it can also be a Wooper)
Zangoose (Can't have Zangoose without Seviper now, can we).
Then we have pictures being taken of
Bidoof
Wurmple
Hoothoot

So far seen 2 possible levels (Beach and Swamp) and if the picture segment is anything to go off, a third level which is underwater.

With Grookey and Scorbunny being in, i think we get Sobble as well. I also think the bulk of the Pokemon in are gen 1, gen 7 and gen 8.

Possibly Day/Night cycle (Or you can choose which one you want), since the Hoothoot picture was taken during the night.

Update: Just spotted a Sandygast Shovel on the beach with Pikachu, hinting a Sandygast. Also spotted Exeggutor and what i think is a Stunfisk hiding in the sand (Can also be a Wimpod). Caterpie spotted. Goodra seen. Shroomish made it in (Emolga scene). Ducklett is in.

Last edited:
So it's by Bamco? The environments do remind me a bit of the latest Tales games, aesthetics-wise. Never got the play the original, but I have high hopes for this considering the variety of Pokemon and environments in the trailer alone.
PMD 1 gets remade, and now Snap gets a sequel. I'm loving this resurgence of console spinoffs, bring on Ranger Switch and Orre remakes I say

Can we talk about the name? Calling it New was dumb when they did it for Mario, and it's dumb here. Either giving it a subtitle or just calling it Pokemon Snap and letting people differentiate (1999) vs (2020) on their own would have been far better options in my book.

Other than that, beyond excited for this, even if it too ends up being a rail shooter you can get through in a couple of hours. The series is just comfy and so far looks far better visually than anything GF's doing at the moment.

I’m really psyched for this, I loved the original and have really wanted a new Snap game since the Wii U-the game pad seemed a perfect way to make a new game and the Switch is much the same.

I’m not that into most of the spin off games but this is one I’ll be getting day one.

Did-did a Pidgeotto just snatch a Magikarp out of the water?

That made me laugh so hard, genuinely couldn’t believe they’d put that in but it’s a great throwback to its old Pokédex entries ! (Edit: I think it was Pidgeot rather than Pidgeotto)

Taillow also seen in the game. I Snapped Comfey as well.

Every Pokemon seems up to scale so far, which is a good thing. However, if both Charizard and Furret are in the game and they don't make Furret taller than Charizard, i am gonna be mad.

Last edited:
Fans of this game have been very vocal for the last 10 years or so, and didn't accept SM and Go's features as replacements so I'm not surprised this game eventually came to be. But I'm surprised for how ambitious it is, the graphics are neat and the environments are astounding.

I'll wait for more information before deciding to buying it as I don't have any attachments to the original so I don't know if I like the genre and the gameplay.

Also, I'm surprised by how many people say "Thank God it's not being made by Gamefreak" when that's never been a possibility. Yeah, they did Quest but its scope was waaaaaaaaaaaaay smaller.

Last edited:
Kinda hyped for this. I played the original and I loved it but this game looks like it'll be even more fun because the graphics are much better and it might include all the Pokemon unlike the N64 Snap game.

Well this is a pleasant surprise. I enjoyed the original back in the day and I was definitely up for a sequel, but I didn't think it would happen. After all these years of fans begging for a sequel, it's finally happening! And it looks pretty ambitious too, between the graphics, more open environments that could potentially be less on rails and linear, and more Pokemon there may be more to this game than expected. Which would be good as the original was ridiculously short by modern standards.

Update: Just spotted a Sandygast Shovel on the beach with Pikachu, hinting a Sandygast. Also spotted Exeggutor and what i think is a Stunfisk hiding in the sand (Can also be a Wimpod). Caterpie spotted. Goodra seen. Shroomish made it in (Emolga scene). Ducklett is in.

Where is Goodra? I've combed all over the trailer at x0.25 speed several times and still can't see it.

I doubt it, but it's going to be way more than 63 critters. 373 would be the proportionate number relative to how many Pokemon exist now versus then.

That would be a pretty fair number anyway, several hundred Pokemon is nothing to sneeze at and is definitely enough for a satisfying amount of content.

Does anyone else fear we get only 4-5 stages in the base game and the rest will be DLC.
Bandai Namco isn't known for heavy reliance on DLC, at least not in the Digimon games. The first Snap game was overpriced (I assume it was the standard Nintendo price), but the concept of 3D Pokemon habitats was fresh. It's been 21 years, so they shouldn't take players' interest for granted. For years Masuda would downplay a remake/sequel because he thought it needed a "twist". I don't know about that, but more content would go a long way.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom