• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers New Pokémon Snap

I agree that it's a shame that we are on rails again. When I was little I dreamed of being able to explore the world freely and sneak up on the Pokémon. Kind of like in "Hey you Pikachu!" but without Pikachu being a disobedient little jerk.

For some reason I always thought that the environment in "Hey you Pikachu!" was relaxing even with the bad gameplay and blocky N64 graphics. But maybe I'm just getting old. :p

Imagine a spooky level where you have to challenge fate and sneak up on Mimikyu while it is fixing its broken disguise...

Bandai Namco isn't known for heavy reliance on DLC, at least not in the Digimon games. The first Snap game was overpriced (I assume it was the standard Nintendo price), but the concept of 3D Pokemon habitats was fresh. It's been 21 years, so they shouldn't take players' interest for granted. For years Masuda would downplay a remake/sequel because he thought it needed a "twist". I don't know about that, but more content would go a long way.

Erm... they tend to do DLC. Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 has a lot of DLC, and Tekken 7, too.

I hope there's more environmental variety in the levels this time. Most of the levels in the first game were either grasslands, rivers, or caves, the only relatively unique ones being Volcano and Rainbow Cloud. I'd like to see some more unique biomes like deserts and snowlands. Gamexplain also speculated based on the oceans looking clear and the design of the new version of the Zero One (Zero Two? Whatever the hell they're calling it now) that it should be capable of going underwater, so an underwater section seems especially likely.

Speaking of the Rainbow Cloud though, I liked how they made that level essentially a "boss" level with Mew in the original. For those that didn't play the original, basically you spent the whole level trying to get Mew's picture. It had a shield surrounding it that interfered with your camera and you had to get rid of it by throwing Apples or Pester Balls at it in order to get Mew's picture. It also had multiple phases, after three hits the blue layer of the shield flew off and Mew started flying off camera quicker, then after another three hits the yellow layer flew off and Mew started chasing after the shield and you had to hit it one more time for it to turn around and pose for a picture. I'd like to see more "bosses" like this, and since there's a LOT more legendaries since the original, they can afford to do more of these. Maybe they could go as far as one after each regular level.

Goodra is in the same shot as the 2 Lapras, Primarina and Drifblim all the way on the right side, its the purple blobs (There are multiple of them)

Those just seem to be rocks, I don't think they're Goodra. They're missing the darker purple and the green splotches on its body.

I agree that it's a shame that we are on rails again. When I was little I dreamed of being able to explore the world freely and sneak up on the Pokémon. Kind of like in "Hey you Pikachu!" but without Pikachu being a disobedient little jerk.

I mean, it doesn't seem to be freely explorable, but it does seem like you have more of a choice on where to go this time. There seem to be branching paths, more open ended areas without a clear direction, and no set beginning and end as the clip with the Zero One teleporting in indicates. I don't think it'll be exactly what you imagined but it does seem like it's a step closer in this game.

I’m hoping they keep the same level of having to find hidden Pokémon - particularly thinking that Zorua/Zoruark can act like Ditto and hide as other Pokémon, Kecleon’s camouflage and even Pokémon like Sudowoodo which tend to act like trees.

There’s so much more for them to pick from than the original had in terms of hiding Pokémon so it’ll be interesting to see how they use that.

I've been waiting for this game for 20 years, since the original was my favorite N64 game. But I never, ever expected to see it released in my life, so I was shocked and happy. I don't care if its on rails, as long as there are many different levels and many Pokémon to take pictures of.

I've been waiting for this game for 20 years, since the original was my favorite N64 game. But I never, ever expected to see it released in my life, so I was shocked and happy. I don't care if its on rails, as long as there are many different levels and many Pokémon to take pictures of.

Well.. there are already many different Pokemon and them not all being popular mons (Like Swanna for example) is also a plus.

knowing we're already going to get so many more Pokémon than we did in the original Snap makes me so excited, and the graphics are pretty too. I have a huge feeling I'll enjoy this more than I did SwSh! <3

I'm so stoked for this game! Any ideas on a release date?
What are the chances of me getting it in time for Christmas, i.e a 2020 release?

normally I'd say it's possible so they at least capitalize on holiday sales (especially with no new main series game being released this year), but with covid delaying a lot of things I'm not sure how possible it is. I'm very stoked for it too, but other game companies I follow have a possibly permanent two-month delay with all future releases now because of the virus and quarantine. Staff who create/design/develop games tend to need to collaborate with each other and require powerful workstations to do their job, which is a lot harder to do/set up when you're working from home. I'd rather they take their time to polish it up. will be worth the wait, I'm sure!

With Nintendo not being at Gamescom 2020, but Bandai is, is it possible we are getting New Pokemon Snap information regardless. Wouldn't get my hopes up, just wondering about it, although there is also the possibility that we are getting a Nintendo (Pokemon) Direct (Presents) this week to coincide with Gamescom if they have things to show off.

Edit: Well... seems i was right with a Nintendo Direct this week (Today), but it was a Mini. Falls perfectly in line with what Pokemon did last year before Gamescom started.

Last edited:
I think the thing that excites me the most is the greater sense of an ecosystem they can create now. Back in the original they only had the old 151 to choose from and other then Pokémon in the same line, most were pretty distinct separate animals whereas now we could see something like Pinser and Heracross (both beetle 'mons) battling over who gets to eat sap from a tree and whatnot. :bulbaLove:

I think the thing that excites me the most is the greater sense of an ecosystem they can create now. Back in the original they only had the old 151 to choose from and other then Pokémon in the same line, most were pretty distinct separate animals whereas now we could see something like Pinser and Heracross (both beetle 'mons) battling over who gets to eat sap from a tree and whatnot. :bulbaLove:

This is a really good point. They have a lot more to work with in terms of counterpart Pokemon so we could see a lot more instances of Pokemon interacting with each other.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom