• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers New Pokémon Snap

Damnit, is didn't hear if right. Its indeed just speculationl
It is interesting to note though. I do believe the whole conversation was done to hint at the Shiny Smeargle event happening in Go, but perhaps they were also using it to hint at Pokemon Snap. After all, the whole conversation involved the Pokemon Go twitter, the Pokemon Twitter, and the Nintendo twitter page. While I'm not so sure about the other two, it's also not all that often that the Pokemon twitter page (or any social media in Pokemon for that matter) mentions Shiny Pokemon. It's too soon to confirm whether or not there will be shinies in Snap, and I don't even want to say for sure if this is a hint or not. But it could be.

I'm... so much more hyped for this than either of the Sinnoh games. The disappointingly lacking element from SwSh was beauty and the missed graphical opportunities in the Wild Area, which fortunately were better realised in the DLC. New Snap looks to be a great way of seeing Pokémon just doing their thing in the world, and the trailers thus far have been mesmerising.

Man I am so excited for this. I paid off my preorder of the game yesterday while getting some plushies at gamestop. I haven't actually looked at any trailers since the announcement because I wanna be blind to what I find in the game.

Though I am curious... will we get to roam around on our own or are we gonna be always stuck on the rails photographers again?

Thanks! I suppose free-roaming would be too much to figure out programming for when it comes to wild pokemon photo opportunities but I like different times of day and path splits so I can have different experiences in the same areas!

>o< I still can't believe we've finally got another pokemon snap. After the 3DS and Wii U didn't give us one I thought for sure we'd never see the series again.

I can't believe there's just one more week till this game comes out. I have mine pre-ordered at Best Buy and everything (usually go for gamestop, but for some reason they weren't doing preorder pick up in stores at my location. Each new trailer I see gets me more excited for this game. Not only does it look freaking gorgeous, but it just feels like there is so much being put into this game. From the experience of others, it sounds like the first Pokemon Snap was fun, but it didn't have a ton of content in it, but this one just feels like it's packed. A good variety of Pokemon, different paths you can take in each biome, and the ability to play in the Day or right time. This game feels like it's going to have a lot of replayability. I've mentioned it before, but I love the idea of filling a photodex with different kinds of pictures as the game demonstrates. Like in this game you're not just trying to take good pictures of all unique Pokemon, you're trying to get each Pokemon in different kinds of shots. Again, that's just so much more content.

The trailer they posted the other day, and the one this morning just made me so excited. I loved seeing some of the different Pokemon interactions in the one they posted the other day. Like I knew we were going to see some good interactions, but seeing that Sharpedo chase after that Squirtle, and then the Lapras tries to protect the Squirtle. I was not expected any scenarios like that. Then just listening to the sounds of nature as you go through the world is just awesome. The world really sounds alive and the Pokemon feel real. It's immersive and I could easily spend just hours listening to it. It almost reminds me of listening to the 24 hour nature livestream Galarian Ponyta was revealed in (I can still hear it).

So I’ve been trying to compile a list of all the Pokémon shown so far

- Bulbasaur & Venusaur
- Squirtle & Blastoise
- (I think I saw an Alolan Rattata in the Edit Your Photos section of the website)
- Caterpie & Metapod
- (I think Weedle?)
- Pidgeotto/Pidgeot
- Arbok
- Pichu, Pikachu, and Alolan Raichu
- Starmie
- Tentacruel
- Machamp
- Dodrio
- Onix
- Exeggutor
- Kangaskhan
- Pinsir
- Magikarp
- Lapras
- Eevee, Vaporeon, and Espeon
- Meganium
- Sentret (?)
- HootHoot
- Ariados
- Chinchou & Lanturn
- Bellossom
- Marill/Azurill (?)
- Skiploom
- Aipom
- Yanma & Yanmega
- Wooper & Quagsire
- Murkrow
- Girafarig
- Heracross
- Sudowoodo
- Corsola
- Octillery (I think Remoraid too)
- Mantyke & Mantine
- Quilfish
- Larvitar & Tyranitar
- Lugia
- Celebi
- Torchic
- Wurmple
- Beautifly
- Lotad
- Shiftry
- Taillow
- Wingull & Pelipper
- Shroomish
- Slaking
- Gulpin
- Sharpedo
- Wailmer & Wailord
- Trapinch & Flygon
- Cacnea
- Zangoose
- Seviper
- Cradily
- Kecleon (?)
- Clampearl
- Luvdisc
- Torterra
- Starly
- Bidoof
- Hippopotas & Hippowdon
- Skorupi
- Carnivine? (I swear I saw one with the Snap graphics recently)
- Finneon & Lumineon
- Drifblim
- Tangrowth
- Stoutland
- Liepard
- Unfezant
- Audino
- Trubbish
- Ducklett & Swanna
- Deerling & Sawsbuck
- Emolga
- Frillish
- Alolamola
- Stunfisk
- Meinfoo
- Bouffalant
- Mandibuzz
- Vivillion
- Florges
- Espurr
- Inkay
- Pancham
- Binacle/Barbacle? (Same issue as Carnivine)
- Clawitzer
- Heliolisk
- Dedenne
- Trevenant
- Primarina
- Pikipek & Toucannon
- Crabrawler
- Midday and Midnight Lycanroc
- Mareanie
- Morelull
- Bewear
- Bounsweet
- Golisopod
- Sandygast
- Pyukumuku
- Minior
- Grookey
- Scorbunny
- Sobble
These were all the ones I was able to spot although bear in mind, there were some I saw but couldn’t recognize, either due to the pictures being blurry on the website or the trailer moving too fast in dark/with the Pokémon fall away. If there’s any I missed, let me know. (I know someone in this thread said they saw a Goodra but I did not see it. There’s also rumors going around about Smeargle being in)

So far this is 124-133 Pokémon.

Now here are some Pokémon that I think could appear in the game along with some speculation on the routes.

- I feel like if one or two of an evolution line appeared in the trailer, there’s a fair shot of the rest appearing (unless the spot was taken by a regional form which is what I think will be the case for Raichu and Exeggutor). The ones I’m really leaning towards though are Gyarados, Butterfree, Spinarak, Pupitar, the rest of the Lotad, Shiftry, and Slaking lines, Cacturne, Lileep, Staravia, Drapion, Jellicent, Rockruff and Dusk Lycanroc, Palossand, Wimpod, maybe Wartortle and Beedrill (if I did spot a Weedle)
- Fearow (I swear I saw one in some of the trailers. Maybe it was just Dodrio?)
- Maybe Rhyhorn/Rhydon (although Bouffalant kind of fulfills any possible niche in the park)
- Goldeen/Seaking (I swear I saw one in the water at some point)
- Ditto (Ditto faced Pokémon is extremely popular in Japan. It feels like a missed opportunity if there’s not some Ditto shenanigans in a Pokémon picture taking game. Perhaps it could happen at the lab at one point between excursions)
- Some more of or the rest of the Eeveelutions (I’ll get more into this later)
- Mew (again will get more into this later)
- Misdreavous (could see it appearing at night in the woodsy areas)
- Dunsparce could fit in quite a few environments
- Ho-oh (because Lugia and Celebi. Not sure of the environment it would be in)
- Linoone (I could see them running around the park and the jungle)
- Surskit/Masquerain (could fit in well in the jungle or on the beach)
- Feebas & Milotic (I swear I saw a Feebas at one point. It would make for a fun puzzle)
- Rotom (could make for fun shenanigans in the lab)

In the park:
- Maybe Cubone and/or Marowak?
- Cherrium, both forms (particularly around that spring blossom area with Sawsbuck)
- Patrat/Watchog (I can easily see these guys standing atop of rocks or dirt mounds keeping look out)
- Bunnelby (mainly because of SwSh’s Wild Area)

In the jungle:
- Xatu (I thought I saw one)
- Tropius
- Burmy (leaf cloak) & Mothim ( Burmy could hide around)
- Cherubi (It just fits)
- Chingling (again, I think it could fit, hanging from one of the branches, reacting if you play a melody)
- Rowlet, maybe another of it’s line (showing up during the evening/night stages)
- Dewpider (I thought I saw them in that water area with the Sobble and Venusaur but it looks like those were Illumina-orb thingies. It’s a shame because I think the line would fit right in)
- Drampa

On the beach:
- Golduck
- Krabby/Kingler
- Crawdaunt (I could see it attacking/fighting other Pokémon over territory)
- Wishiwashi (in the tide which means it would also be underwater)

On the sea:
- Slowpoke (maybe on some of those islands)
- Dragonair
- Oshawott (can imagine these guys floating on top of the water asleep, perhaps wrapped in seaweed)

Underwater:
- Cloyster (in those dark crevices we see with the Chinchou. I can’t tell if they’re part of the regular underwater route or the abyss)
- Barboach/Whiscash (with Whiscash in similar crevices)
- Armaldo (similar dark crevices)
- Relicanth
- Skrelp/Dragalage (at night, hidden amongst the seaweed)
- Bruxish (during the day)
- Dhelmise (at night)

In the sea abyss:
- Omanyte and Kabuto (because horseshoe crabs and nautiloids still live)
- Kyogre (I mean, we’ve seen Lugia down there so why not?)
- One or two of the Eelektross line
- School form Wishiwashi (what a sight that would be down there in the dark)

In the desert:
- Maybe Sandslash?
- Maybe Donphan and/or Phanpy could appear in that water hole area?
- Numel (At least over here, camels are closely associated with deserts)
- Spinda
- Baltoy (might be a stretch but really I’m just concerned that the desert’s looking sparse so far. I know deserts are like that but...)
- Sandile (they could be submerged in the sand, just the top of their heads visible)
- Maybe Cofagrigas due to the mummy/temple association deserts have?
- Pyroar (mainly around that waterhole area)

In the swamp/foggy forest:
- One of the Totodile line (I can imagine Feraligatr lounging on the banks of that murky waterspot)
- Grovyle (I could see it fitting in here or the jungle environment)
- Duskull (It just looks fitting)
- I don’t know why but Croagunk feels very likely
- Zorua/Zoroark (Similar to Ditto plus Zoroark could go around like Shiftry. After you take a picture, it would revert back and dart away)
- Frogadier/Greninja (we see Shiftry running around so I think a frog ninja could fit right in)
- Gourgeist (looks like it could fit in well with a spooky foggy forest at night)
- Honestly this is more of a pipe dream but Galarian Ponyta. It would fit so well in this environment

Now getting to the Eeveelutions. I can easily see Leafeon and Umbreon being in this game. I could see Flareon possibly being in the desert, I can see Sylveon maybe being in one of the environments. The one I’m worried about is Glaceon. All of the environments we’ve seen so far have either been warm or underwater with a lot being notably humid or tropical. These don’t appear to be good environments for an Ice type to live in. This leads me to think either we’re not getting all the Eeveelutions this time, alternate weather/seasons, or it could hint towards an unrevealed route.

Now with Mew. I know they’ve so far been marketing Celebi as the star Mythical this time but Mew was such a prolific part of the original, I would be shocked if it didn’t appear (and again, the Transform can make for a fun puzzle). The question is would it be in the jungle environment (like in the movie) or would the Rainbow Cloud make a return?

This is why I’ve started speculating on other possible environments. So far the trailers have been pretty secretive. We only found out about the abyss in the overview trailer, we haven’t seen much of the desert and foggy forest, and I’m still not sure if that area with the Sawsbuck is part of the park or a separate environment so I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s some environments we haven’t seen yet.
1. If you look at the overview trailers, there’s a part where they list the environments and we see nine listed with the Jungle and Desert being some of the last ones. Now this is maybe due to presentation but
2. Serebii tweeted concern about the amount of areas and some people have responded with a few things.

• I’ve been thinking this for a while now but someone pointed out; there’s not a lot of Fire types in this game so far. This person went on to say that it’s sus and might indicate towards a volcanic/cavernous area
  • Likewise someone else said a map that appeared in a Corocoro scan suggested some more areas, in particular a volcanic environment
  • Recently people have been saying Nintendo of America has said there’s 8. This might be a sign there’s not a lot of areas

So I think there might still be some environments we haven’t seen. These are my predictions.

Originally I thought this was the least likely because I’ve noticed the new Snap appears to be avoiding the you hurt the Pokémon as often happened in the original (the Pester Balls are noticeably absent, the apples have been named “fluff-fruits”, something that sounds a lot more soft) but now it’s looking like it’s the most likely other environment.

Cavern+Volcanic area

Some Pokémon that could potentially appear:
- Zubat & Golbat
- Kantonian Diglett line
- The Kanto Geodude line
- Rhyperior (?)
- Salandit and Salazzle (described as living in these environments. There’s one female before the routes, many males all over the routes)

Cavern:
- Elekid
- Sableye
- Mawile (tricky to spot)
- Aron/Lairon
- Maybe a Regi at the end
- Some of the Gible line
- One or two of the Roggenrola line
- Woobat/Swoobat
- Carbink (maybe Diancie too)
- Noivern

Also Larvitar and Pupitar

Volcanic area:
- I can see a lot of Fire starters appearing here; the Charmander, Typhlosion, and Infernape lines, Blaziken, Emboar, and Torracat could all easily appear here
- Growlithe
- The Magmar line
- Flareon
- Moltres
- Entei
- Numel/Camerupt (?)
- Torkoal
- Groudon
- Heatran
- Larvesta and/or Volcarona
- Turtonator

I think Rainbow Cloud could be a bonus location like the original. There’s also a lot more Pokémon now that could make it it’s own environment.

- Any of the Clefairy line
- Staryu (since it’s rumored to have come from space)
- Mew obviously
- Lunatone/Solrock
- Jirachi
- Deoxys
- Rayquaza
- Cresselia
- Elegym/Beheeyem
- One of the Cosmog line
- Maybe one of the Ultra Beasts such as Poipole/Nagandel

Minior’s already in the game but it could appear here as well

Maybe a cyberspace:
- Porygon
- One, two, or all the Magnemite line
- Jolteon
- Maybe Electrike?
- Plusle & Minun
- Electivire
- Joltik (just feeding off the static electricity of wires and outlets)
- Charjabug
- Togedemaru
- Maybe Palkia or Hoopa to bring to actual space

Then a possible cold route for Glaceon but this one’s probably the least likely at this point.

Ice Flows + Tundra/Frosty Forest (Maybe a cold mountain side)
- Delibird (yes, I know it’s cliche)
- Sneasel & Weavile
- Vanillite
- Polar Vivillion

Ice Flows:
- Maybe Dewgong
- The Spheal line
- Piplup & Empoleon
- Bergmite/Avalugg

Not new but Mantine, Mantyke, and Lapras could appear here as well

Tundra/Frosty Forest:
- Alolan Sandshrew
- Alolan Vulpix and Ninetails
- Smoochum/Jynx
- Some of the Piloswine line
- Stantler
- Maybe one or two of the Snorunt line
- Buneary
- Snover/Abomasnow
- Glaceon
- I saw someone suggest Sawsbuck changes depending on location so maybe Winter Sawsbuck?
- Cubchoo & Beartic
- Snom & Frosmoth

I'm... so much more hyped for this than either of the Sinnoh games. The disappointingly lacking element from SwSh was beauty and the missed graphical opportunities in the Wild Area, which fortunately were better realised in the DLC. New Snap looks to be a great way of seeing Pokémon just doing their thing in the world, and the trailers thus far have been mesmerising.
I enjoyed SWSH but I’m in the same boat. This is easily my favorite of the upcoming games. It’s so beautiful and (with the “Sounds of Pokémon Snap” Finnish posted) and relaxing and the safari/National Geographic/out in the wild style is really cool to finally see.

Speaking of the Wild Area, here’s something I started thinking about this the beginning of the week. We’ve seen Pokémon can run away from you if you startle them and you can hit them with the apples (taking particular interest to the bit in the overview preview where Mareanie is chasing a Corsola when it’s stopped by an apple to the head). They’re clearly a lot more interacting in this game between the Pokémon. Now if you’ve seen any of the Wild Area videos from SwSh, you know Pokémon can chase after and attack you. So what I’m wondering is if there’ll be any instances of the Pokémon investigating the vehicle or trying to attack you in Snap?

Last edited:
I think for the Volcanic area, Ho-Oh is more likely than Entei, considering Celebi and Lugia are both already confirmed. I notice you haven't mentioned Armaldo, who can also be in the sea. The things you think are Poliwag/Tympole, are in fact Inkay. In one of the trailers in the photo section, i have seen a yellow spike in an underwater section, which for me, pointed towards Chewtle

I notice you haven't mentioned Armaldo, who can also be in the sea.
I thought of including Armaldo, I think it does fit that area. The only reason I didn’t was because I was trying to stay away from Fossil Pokémon for resurrection reasons (which is why I didn’t include Turtouga and Aurorus). The only reason I included Omanyte and Kabuto was because they have real life counterparts that live in the oceans today. But then again, Lileep’s down there so maybe Armaldo’s down there too. Adding.

I think for the Volcanic area, Ho-Oh is more likely than Entei, considering Celebi and Lugia are both already confirmed.
I thought of the possibility of Ho-oh, my main worry though is that Moltres would have that similar niche and is depicted as going to volcanoes to heal whereas Ho-oh roams the skies, particularly at the end of rainbows (the volcano connection is also why I’m considering Entei). You’re right though that it could be in the game somewhere. I’ll add.

The things you think are Poliwag/Tympole, are in fact Inkay.
I looked through and yeah you’re right.

In one of the trailers in the photo section, i have seen a yellow spike in an underwater section, which for me, pointed towards Chewtle
I’m going to have to look for that. Some of the photos in that section are hard to see for me.

Have we found out who the English voice actors are yet? I was watching a playthough and Rita sounds so familiar.

, Omg, Glalie made the cut, didn't expect that. Also, the starter sets, which is earlier expect, seem not to be complete, aside from the Kanto ones, which Squirtle/Blastoise representing that line, Bulbasaur/Venusaur rep and Charmander/Charizard rep. As expected with Lugia and Celebi in, Ho-Oh made the cut

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom