• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site, or it's archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • Hey everyone, if you hadn't heard, information about Sword and Shield has been leaking. Outside of the designated threads in our Current Events section, please keep all unrevealed Pokemon, names, or any other information in spoiler tags. This policy will be in effect until January 3rd. This is an exciting time for Pokémon fans, enjoy yourselves!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections. Applications are due by November 26th.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!

New Pokemon Species Discussion

What's your opinion on the new Galar Pokémon we've seen so far?

• I like most of them

Votes: 49 65.3%
  • I dislike most of them

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • I'm neutral on most of them

Votes: 20 26.7%

• Total voters
Monkey see, Grookey do
Reaction score
  • Staff
What kinds of new Pokemon would you all like to see? You can include type combinations, design ideas, cross/generational-evolutions, etc.

Also, how many new Pokemon do you think will be introduced in the Galar region? What amount would you like? I'd like 80-100.

Lovely
Reaction score
100 new pokemon sounds fine.

I'd like another Water/Steel pokemon.
As I mentioned in another thread, Fog form for Castform.
Another pokemon species based on a sheep.
And a Welsh Corgi

Reaction score
I'm in for a corgi, too. Although it's weird to see it when its country got cut.

Reaction score
A corgi would do well as the early route Normal-type a la Rattata/Sentret/etc. (though it might step on Lillipup's toes), though I'm curious to see if we'll get regional variants again, now that they've been established by Sun/Moon.

And I agree, if they make 100 new 'mons, I would be happy.

God of Life and Death
Reaction score
120 or so new Pokemon.

Fossils based on the cave lion and the woolly rhinoceros (both of which existed in Pleistocene Europe)
Mythical Pokemon based on Cu Chulainn with a default and berserk forms (because why not?)
Normal-type Jack Russell Terrier (with Speed Boost?)
Swordfish
Shield Bug
Wizard
Kelpie (with seaweed. Get it?)
Badger
Leprechaun
Corgi (fairy-type)
pseudo-legend based on the first ever depiction of Iguanodon (gradually evolving into the more accurate version)
wild boar
some sort of deer
red squirrel

Reaction score
120 or so new Pokemon.

Fossils based on the cave lion and the woolly rhinoceros (both of which existed in Pleistocene Europe)
Mythical Pokemon based on Cu Chulainn with a default and berserk forms (because why not?)
Normal-type Jack Russell Terrier (with Speed Boost?)
Swordfish
Shield Bug
Wizard
Kelpie (with seaweed. Get it?)
Badger
Leprechaun
Corgi (fairy-type)
pseudo-legend based on the first ever depiction of Iguanodon (gradually evolving into the more accurate version)
wild boar
some sort of deer
red squirrel
I'm pretty sure we won't get that many, since they showed so many older pokemon, but I like the way you think.

#1 Wooloo Fan
Reaction score
A dragon species, based on the tale of St George and the Dragon.

Reaction score
Fossil Pokemon, preferably with one being a Mosasaur. I really missed the concept in Alola.

Dieter
Reaction score
Give or take a 100 would be nice, though it depends a little on whether we get new mega evolutions or regional variants.

Also, this seems like the region to finally introduce a fairy/dark type

And I have a feeling we'll definitely get some interesting ghost types too

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
I hope for at least 100 this generation. About 94 regular Pokemon and 6 Legendary/Mythical Pokemon.

As for species, I hope for Pokemon based on rats, plague doctors, a phoenix, a welsh corgi, a fenrir wolf, and a girffin. If there's nothing with a witch or wizard motif also or a leprechaun motif also I'll be sad.

God of Life and Death
Reaction score
Something with a druid motif would be cool, as would a pirate and/or a Viking. A Griffin would be great!

The rat/plague doctor concepts could be combined, because why not?

Mythical Pokemon with two formes based on Fafnir? <- Dwarf that transforms into a Dragon

Pokemon Researcher
Reaction score
I would like to see at least a hundred Pokemon, but I know that can be a bit unrealistic these days, so anywhere from 85-100 is fine

I hope we see a Steel and a Dragon type eeveelution this gen. Based on the inspiration for the region of these games, I think these two would be very likely. They would also make for an eeveelution who Sylveon is weak against (Steel), and who Sylveon is strong against (Dragon).

I would also really love to see an Ice/Dragon Pokemon living up there in the mountains. Dragon types are really cool. but there are very few in Pokemon that really really embody dragons, and I can see a really elegant and strong dragon coming out of an ice typing.

Also can we just get an Ermine (stoat) based Pokemon, please I need one so bad.

Pokemon Researcher
Reaction score
What about Mienfo & Mienshao?
You know I don't think I ever considered Mienfoo to be based off of an ermine. It does share similarities though. Maybe that's why I like it so much

Still though, I would love to see one that really shows off the Ermine's ability to change coats in the seasons (ermine has brown and tan coats in summer and warm places, and white coats in cold weather), whether it is a weather changing Pokemon, or it simply has different forms depending on where you find it.