• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh New Pokemon Species Discussion

What's your opinion on the new Galar Pokémon we've seen so far?

• I like most of them

Votes: 89 69.5%
  • I dislike most of them

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • I'm neutral on most of them

Votes: 28 21.9%

• Total voters
Reaction score
What kinds of new Pokemon would you all like to see? You can include type combinations, design ideas, cross/generational-evolutions, etc.

Also, how many new Pokemon do you think will be introduced in the Galar region? What amount would you like? I'd like 80-100.

A corgi would do well as the early route Normal-type a la Rattata/Sentret/etc. (though it might step on Lillipup's toes), though I'm curious to see if we'll get regional variants again, now that they've been established by Sun/Moon.

And I agree, if they make 100 new 'mons, I would be happy.

120 or so new Pokemon.

Fossils based on the cave lion and the woolly rhinoceros (both of which existed in Pleistocene Europe)
Mythical Pokemon based on Cu Chulainn with a default and berserk forms (because why not?)
Normal-type Jack Russell Terrier (with Speed Boost?)
Swordfish
Shield Bug
Wizard
Kelpie (with seaweed. Get it?)
Badger
Leprechaun
Corgi (fairy-type)
pseudo-legend based on the first ever depiction of Iguanodon (gradually evolving into the more accurate version)
wild boar
some sort of deer
red squirrel

120 or so new Pokemon.

Fossils based on the cave lion and the woolly rhinoceros (both of which existed in Pleistocene Europe)
Mythical Pokemon based on Cu Chulainn with a default and berserk forms (because why not?)
Normal-type Jack Russell Terrier (with Speed Boost?)
Swordfish
Shield Bug
Wizard
Kelpie (with seaweed. Get it?)
Badger
Leprechaun
Corgi (fairy-type)
pseudo-legend based on the first ever depiction of Iguanodon (gradually evolving into the more accurate version)
wild boar
some sort of deer
red squirrel

I'm pretty sure we won't get that many, since they showed so many older pokemon, but I like the way you think.

Fossil Pokemon, preferably with one being a Mosasaur. I really missed the concept in Alola.

Give or take a 100 would be nice, though it depends a little on whether we get new mega evolutions or regional variants.

Also, this seems like the region to finally introduce a fairy/dark type

And I have a feeling we'll definitely get some interesting ghost types too

I hope for at least 100 this generation. About 94 regular Pokemon and 6 Legendary/Mythical Pokemon.

As for species, I hope for Pokemon based on rats, plague doctors, a phoenix, a welsh corgi, a fenrir wolf, and a girffin. If there's nothing with a witch or wizard motif also or a leprechaun motif also I'll be sad.

I would like to see at least a hundred Pokemon, but I know that can be a bit unrealistic these days, so anywhere from 85-100 is fine

I hope we see a Steel and a Dragon type eeveelution this gen. Based on the inspiration for the region of these games, I think these two would be very likely. They would also make for an eeveelution who Sylveon is weak against (Steel), and who Sylveon is strong against (Dragon).

I would also really love to see an Ice/Dragon Pokemon living up there in the mountains. Dragon types are really cool. but there are very few in Pokemon that really really embody dragons, and I can see a really elegant and strong dragon coming out of an ice typing.

Also can we just get an Ermine (stoat) based Pokemon, please I need one so bad.

What about Mienfo & Mienshao?
You know I don't think I ever considered Mienfoo to be based off of an ermine. It does share similarities though. Maybe that's why I like it so much

Still though, I would love to see one that really shows off the Ermine's ability to change coats in the seasons (ermine has brown and tan coats in summer and warm places, and white coats in cold weather), whether it is a weather changing Pokemon, or it simply has different forms depending on where you find it.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom