• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh New Pokemon Species Discussion

What's your opinion on the new Galar Pokémon we've seen so far?

• I like most of them

Votes: 89 69.5%
  • I dislike most of them

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • I'm neutral on most of them

Votes: 28 21.9%

• Total voters
What I liked about Obstagoon is that it seems to be based on Honey Badger (Ratel). In other words, it is clear that they would rather just make a specific animal like Pokémon for a line closer to the zigzagoon which is a raccoon to create a new poke and increase dex.

hqdefault.jpg
250px-Obstagoon.png
ratel.jpg

Well, in the trailer that introduced Chairman Rose and the whole League thing, a teapot elephant creature comes from the Pokéball Rose tosses. Of course, since it’s in frame for so short an amount of time it’s kinda hard to see it clearly, but it does look like a teapot elephant because of its body shape, feet, and apparent trunk.

Indeed, but It is a teapot thing. I would like to see a big elephant or mammoth. Unfortunely, if this teapot is a real thing (What I believe in), then, we will not have some elephant/mammoth based any time soon. A pity.

We also might need a Nuckelavee, and some other traditional fairies with more out-there designs.

Also, I came up with evolutionary stages for my proposed phantom knight (a credible leak alluded to the existence of a possessed armor pokemon)

Stage one wears anglosaxon gear based off the sutton hoo hoard and has childlike proportions. No control over his summoned weapons, so he'll often accidentally pommelstrike himslef.

Second stage has more adolescent proportions and appears similar to the armor worn by the effigy of Edward "black prince" III. More pronounced control over his phantom weapons, often poses with them but has difficulty wielding them in hand.

Third stage has adult proportions and is based off of the Greenwich armor of George Clifford. Masterful control of phantom weapons, wields them handheld and only uses telekinetic control for maneuvering large groups of them. Signature move resembles Armiger Arsenal/unlimited blade works, surrounding a target with phantom weapons before firing them all into the target.

A Schrodinger's cat Pokemon? Normal <-> Ghost? WANT
I WANTTTTTTTTTTTTT
How about making the regional bird a wren? "The Eurasian wren has been long considered "the king of birds" in Europe." (Quoted from Wikipedia)
They've never done the wren or finch. Pidgeot is an eagle/pigeon, Noctowl is an owl, Swellow is a swallow, Staraptor is an eagle mixed with a starling, Unfezant is a pheasant, Talonflame is a robin or falcon, and Toucannon is a toucan/woodpecker.
I also love the fact that some of the regional birds are blended with a different concept, to make them unique.
Pidgeot is a jet, evidenced by his pokedex entry stating it can travel at Mach 2.
Noctowl is a clock (this one is reallllllllllllly cool), look at his eyebrows and them read ike 65% of his Pokedex entries.
Unfezant shares traits with a masquerade mask.
Toucannon goes from a bugle to a cannon.
For the wren, it is known for being tiny but having a very loud song. Could it be blended with a megaphone? A musical instrument? A banshee or siren? Any ideas?
Or should it be a finch?

What I liked about Obstagoon is that it seems to be based on Honey Badger (Ratel). In other words, it is clear that they would rather just make a specific animal like Pokémon for a line closer to the zigzagoon which is a raccoon to create a new poke and increase dex.

hqdefault.jpg
250px-Obstagoon.png
ratel.jpg
Now compare it to a European badger.

Last edited:
Your wish could be Misdrevous ghost/normal or ghost/fairy.
That... doesn't feel very banshee-like at all. I think an entirely new pokemon would be better than taking one that is already a ghost and trying to make it a different ghost by throwing an unfitting type on it.

i am curious about an evolution for Togedemaru; it could even be a Galarian evolution? Hedgies are there in the UK, and, where it is already a Steel type, it feels like there is between a 2 to 10% chance! The electric-type rodents haven't had an evolution for a while but maybe it will start to turn out that they are always a rare phenomenon that requires conditions specific to each one.

i am curious about an evolution for Togedemaru; it could even be a Galarian evolution? Hedgies are there in the UK, and, where it is already a Steel type, it feels like there is between a 2 to 10% chance! The electric-type rodents haven't had an evolution for a while but maybe it will start to turn out that they are always a rare phenomenon that requires conditions specific to each one.
I don't think any of the pikaclones are likely to receive evolutions. =/ They have always been one and done ever since Pikachu got a baby stage.

That... doesn't feel very banshee-like at all. I think an entirely new pokemon would be better than taking one that is already a ghost and trying to make it a different ghost by throwing an unfitting type on it.

it learns Perish song and a lot of sound moves and is associated with witch craft.
Would fit the Banshee description.
Maybe ghost/flying ???
But taking we have a fairy sound move Disarming Voice maybe they created a new fairy and a new ghost sound move this generation.

"Misdreavus' nocturnal habits of wailing to frighten people and its similarity in appearance to a disembodied head are shared by various mythological creatures. One of these is the nukekubi, which shares the similarities of nocturnal habits, flying about as a decapitated head, and wailing to increase its victims' fright. Another possible origin is the banshee, a female spirit from Gaelic folklore who was known for its unearthly wailing and screaming. " from Bullbapedia
____

Interesting if Alcremie gets Cute Charm? Hmm looks Cute? Also Sylveo

Last edited:
it learns Perish song and a lot of sound moves and is associated with witch craft.
Would fit the Banshee description.
Maybe ghost/flying ???
But taking we have a fairy sound move Disarming Voice maybe they created a new fairy and a new ghost sound move this generation.

"Misdreavus' nocturnal habits of wailing to frighten people and its similarity in appearance to a disembodied head are shared by various mythological creatures. One of these is the nukekubi, which shares the similarities of nocturnal habits, flying about as a decapitated head, and wailing to increase its victims' fright. Another possible origin is the banshee, a female spirit from Gaelic folklore who was known for its unearthly wailing and screaming. " from Bullbapedia
____

Interesting if Alcremie gets Cute Charm? Hmm looks Cute? Also Sylveo
I meant Ghost/Normal and Ghost/Fairy aren't banshee-like-- Misdreavus already is banshee-like so there's really no reason to change its type to make it more of one. Especially when there really aren't any types that would make it more banshee.

I meant Ghost/Normal and Ghost/Fairy aren't banshee-like-- Misdreavus already is banshee-like so there's really no reason to change its type to make it more of one. Especially when there really aren't any types that would make it more banshee.

Banshee like? They will make it ghost/psychic in worst case...
still we would need one that knows Boomburst ...
Hmmm a ghost/flying with Soundproof would be actually cool.

Why would a Banshee even be fairy type?
The only type that might suit it other than ghost would be dark, in vein of Absol.

is a female spirit in Irish mythology who heralds the death of a family member, usually by wailing, shrieking, or keening.
The signalling the disaster, but not causing it reminds me of Absol.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom