• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site or its archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

New Pokemon Species Discussion

What's your opinion on the new Galar Pokémon we've seen so far?

• I like most of them

Votes: 82 68.3%
  • I dislike most of them

Votes: 11 9.2%
  • I'm neutral on most of them

Votes: 27 22.5%

• Total voters
Reaction score
God I can imagine gamefreak making a hummingbird hawk moth pokemon.

The people who cry "RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS" would say its just another cutiefly, despite cutiefly being based on a different bug.
Kinda funny you mention that, since I recall seeing once a species of beefly that looks like a hummingbird.

Veteran Magical Girl of Salvation
Reaction score
God I can imagine gamefreak making a hummingbird hawk moth pokemon.

The people who cry "RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS" would say its just another cutiefly, despite cutiefly being based on a different bug.
“ReeEEEeeeEEEeeEEe aNoTheR bUg tHat’S aSsOcIaTeD wIth FloWeRs?!??!?!?!?!?1/1?!?1?!? ThEy’Re RunNiNg oUt Of iDeAs!!!!!!11!!!11!”

Veteran Magical Girl of Salvation
Reaction score
Cramorant's wings look very underdeveloped for something that is a primarily Flying type, don't they? I think that maybe they could be a sign that Cramorant will evolve into a cross of an albatross with a war plane that launches the fishes as missiles.

Nah, Cramorant’s wings compared to a real life cormorant are pretty much the same imo. I don’t think it’ll get an evo.

Reaction score
Cramorant like cormorant should better learn sound moves too.
You know how loud they are? Boomburst loud exactly.
Hypervoice loud. Will be a cool pokemon, other flying/water and water/flying pokemon didn't get sound moves in the past so much.

yeah but he could evolve to look more pelican-ish and larger.
we have wingul and pelliper.

#Shield
Reaction score
Cramorant like cormorant should better learn sound moves too.
You know how loud they are? Boomburst loud exactly.
Hypervoice loud. Will be a cool pokemon, other flying/water and water/flying pokemon didn't get sound moves in the past so much.

we have wingul and pelliper.
Yeah we have wingul and pelliper but there are lots of birds that look pellicanish that are not a pelican... I mean the leaker did describe cramorant as a new pelican pokemon though it isnt a pellican... Because it is pelicanish

Reaction score
Speaking of Cramorant, what's the deal with that fish-thing it carries? Is it another Pokémon in its own right? A creature that isn't a Pokémon? A non-living object that's just decorated to look like a fish?

Sulfuric Shell
Reaction score
The fish in Cramorant’s mouth looks kinda like a throwing dart, no? Or at the least it’s tail. And Cramorant flings it at its opponent, just like how darts are flung at targets. I wonder if the fish will have an evolution that expands on this; perhaps one that is based upon missiles since they kinda look similar to darts.

Name a more manly professor. I'll wait.
Reaction score
The fish in Cramorant’s mouth looks kinda like a throwing dart, no? Or at the least it’s tail. And Cramorant flings it at its opponent, just like how darts are flung at targets. I wonder if the fish will have an evolution that expands on this; perhaps one that is based upon missiles since they kinda look similar to darts.
Could it's name be Barracudart?

PinkIceTales!
Reaction score
Barracudart. Crap that's good.

It could evolve into some kinda arrow fish. Barrowcuda.

Y'all can't tell me those names are too close. Krokorok and Krookodile's japanese names are Waruvile and Waruvial. My dyslexia struggles to tell the names apart even when they're right dang next to each other! D: