• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh New Pokemon Species Discussion

What's your opinion on the new Galar Pokémon we've seen so far?

• I like most of them

Votes: 89 69.5%
  • I dislike most of them

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • I'm neutral on most of them

Votes: 28 21.9%

• Total voters
The best thing about a silhouette reveal is all the fakemon attempts you get from people imagining what they'll look like. I miss these kind of reveals.

I don't suppose this new mythical is "Meteodyna" is it? (from the silhouette I don't really get that vibe...)

I'm getting a sort of bird-like vibe from it.

The full silhouette is out:

mythical.png

mythical.png

It looks pretty monkey-like, possibly with something else mixed in there. I am probably one of the few people who doesn't mind several of the monkey Pokemon designs, but I do agree that this is a lot.

That being said, it does look pretty interesting, and it definitely suits the movie it will be featured in.

i can see a beak on it. Calling it a gryphon kind a thing.

Edit: Claws are definitely looks like bird claws. Monkeys don't have tails like that, a lions tail. Legs don't look lion to me but maybe they altered the gryphon design. And as i said, i can definitely see a beak on its face.

Last edited:
At first I thought I was looking at a regional variant/evolution for Passimian, but then I remembered that this thing is supposed to be a mythical. If it turns out to be another monkey Pokémon, then the one criticism I have isn't that we've got yet another jungle-like monkey (this is same generation as the Grookey line). Rather, it's that it seems a bit too similar to Passimian, especially since Passimian is already available in SwSh proper.

However, this similarity sparked an idea within me: what if our new Mythical is the first one to evolve from a regular Pokémon? If you think about it, the previous two generations kind of led up to something like this being possible:
  1. In Generation 6, we had the Mythical Pokémon Diancie. Although this isn't reflected in the gameplay mechanics, it's said to be the mutation of Carbink, which is a regular Pokémon.
  2. In Generation 7, we had two legendary evolutionary lines: the Cosmog and Type:Null lines. These marked the first instances of legendary Pokémon undergoing evolution. This isn't all that far off from getting evolving Mythicals. Speaking of evolving Mythicals…
  3. In Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee and GO, we've got the Mytical Meltan that evolves into Melmetal (though it only evolves in GO; point still stands though :p).
The next step could very well be a Mythical that comes from evolving an existing Pokémon (possibly Passimian in this case). While unlikely, there is a chance of something like this coming to pass. Otherwise, Game Freak and TPCi are just treading ground already covered in the newest games.

EDIT: I can't believe I forgot about Meltan evolving into Melmetal! Adding that now.

Also prediction; this is the boy in Coco

I was kind of thinking this as well.

Last edited:

mythical.png

I'm getting less of a Fighting type vibe than I was getting before....although it could still be Fighting.

My first impression is definitely monkey but it could also be some kind of chimera similar to Type:Null. It kinda looks like it has tusks...but then that could be tufts of fur or a nose.

I'd say I'm mainly getting a Dark type vibe from this. If it's a dual type I'm going to guess.....Dark/Poison. Somehow it looks kinda poisonous. (maybe its the claws)

They basically revealed four mythicals in two months, and two months after the games release. Anyway, considering that all four mythicals will get their arc this year, we're probably getting a new game next year (most likely a remake).
This is like the 1000 monkey pokemon, right?

They basically revealed four mythicals in two months, and two months after the games release. Anyway, considering that all four mythicals will get their arc this year, we're probably getting a new game next year (most likely a remake).
Kubfu, Urshifu, and Calyrex aren't Mythical Pokémon though. They're just legendary Pokémon that happen to be exclusive to the Expansion Pass areas.

i can see a beak on it. Calling it a gryphon kind a thing.

Edit: Claws are definitely looks like bird claws. Monkeys don't have tails like that, a lions tail. Legs don't look lion to me but maybe they altered the gryphon design. And as i said, i can definitely see a beak on its face.

I think you might be right. It looks like it has a beak and wings on the sides of its face.

Mankey line, Aipom line, Chimchar line, I guess Passimian counts, Oranguru, Grookey line

Mankey line, Aipom line, Chimchar line, I guess Passimian counts, Oranguru, Grookey line
There's also Slakoth (debatable but I included it because it's primate-like), Slaking, Pansage, Pansear, Panpour, Simisage, Simisear, Simipour, and Darmanitan (also debatable but I included it as it sorta looks like a gorilla). There's around 21 monkey/primate-like Pokemon in total.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom