• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site or its archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

New Pokemon Species Discussion

What's your opinion on the new Galar Pokémon we've seen so far?

• I like most of them

Votes: 85 68.5%
  • I dislike most of them

Votes: 11 8.9%
  • I'm neutral on most of them

Votes: 28 22.6%

• Total voters
追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Should be more... Seriously. 2 or 3 in a european themed region? Kalos got us 3 or 5.

Better discussion:

What roles do the new pokemon fullfill in battle? How would You classify them all one by one?

Which are Sweepers(assasin), tanks, walls, wallbreakers, supporters(hazard setters, mage), Fighters(balanced mixed stats)? Which have mixed roles? How good they fullfill their roles?

Hmmm lets say:

Cinderace- fire type,

physical oriented fast sweeper/assasin/warrior/wall breaker with a unique move court change to change the tide of battle in the favour for the user.

Compared with Infernape, fire/fighting that has equally disttributed stats and is a fast dual wall breaker,
Cinderace gained a lot even without the fighting type, maybe it lost badly on special attack but gained higher defences and hp make it more robust and durable, its faster and more hard hitting then Blaziken and gets acces to Bounce and many interesting moves that could make it even a wallbreaker with right support. With its high speed and U-turn it can have a role of a scout that enters better only to check and hit something allowing it to give support even with court change for 2 turns and later.
With flame charge, batton pass and substitute it can realy last longer then most can assume...

View: https://imgur.com/a/IpKhV

Last edited:
Highly Explosive
Reaction score
Appletun's signautre move, Apple Acid, seems waaay more fitting for Flapple. The move's description literally states:
The user attacks the target with an acidic liquid created from tart apples. This also lowers the target's Sp. Def stat.
Flapple stores acid in its cheeks and evolves from Applin when it is fed a Tart Apple, which fits perfectly with this move's description. Yet this is the signature move of Appletun. My conspiracy theory is that the signature move of Flapple was Apple Acid while Grav Apple was the signature move of Appletun early on, maybe during the conceptual phase before they were categorized and got their effects, but were swapped later during development.

Reaction score
Appletun's signautre move, Apple Acid, seems waaay more fitting for Flapple. The move's description literally states:

Flapple stores acid in its cheeks and evolves from Applin when it is fed a Tart Apple, which fits perfectly with this move's description. Yet this is the signature move of Appletun. My conspiracy theory is that the signature move of Flapple was Apple Acid while Grav Apple was the signature move of Appletun early on, maybe during the conceptual phase before they were categorized and got their effects, but were swapped later during development.
That seems... really obvious, especially given how squat and heavy Appletun appears. And I thought it was a bit embarrassing when Butterfree and Venomoth got swapped...

Reaction score
That seems... really obvious, especially given how squat and heavy Appletun appears. And I thought it was a bit embarrassing when Butterfree and Venomoth got swapped...
What about the whole Soul/Marsh badge thing? Or when they gave egg moves to genderless Pokémon?

Dieter
Reaction score
Except that's nothing but a rumour? A theory that either poses it as an error during development or because they didn't want Ash to have an 'ugly' Pokémon (even though the anime aired more than a year after the game's release, so that's hardly possible)

It's not impossible the initial designs were meant to be the other way around, but got swapped because caterpillar>cocoon>butterfly is far more recognisable for kids and an easy way to explain the evolution mechanic

Go listen to The Birdwatcher's Guide to Atrocity
Reaction score
Except that's nothing but a rumour? A theory that either poses it as an error during development or because they didn't want Ash to have an 'ugly' Pokémon (even though the anime aired more than a year after the game's release, so that's hardly possible)

It's not impossible the initial designs were meant to be the other way around, but got swapped because caterpillar>cocoon>butterfly is far more recognisable for kids and an easy way to explain the evolution mechanic
Yeah, even if you're convinced by the theory, it is just that - theory. We should be careful of speaking of it as though it is a confirmed fact.

(I mean how do we know it's not just as simple as Butterfree and Venonat being designed by the same person, and that person reusing a couple of the same details? Or even if Venonat and Butterfree were originally conceived of as an evolutionary line, it's kind of a leap to claim that anything was "swapped," as that presumes that Caterpie and Venomoth were developed in parallel. Like, while I myself don't deny the similarities between Venonat and Butterfree, I've always been less convinced by the comparisons between Caterpie/Metapod and Venomoth. Plus, there's what we learned from Game Informer a while back, about how a lot of the Gen 1 Pokémon were designed as sprites first, which comes with a different sort of emphasis and places more constraints on the level of expression.)

Also as far as the Soul/Marsh Badges go, isn't that just a localization thing? In Japanese, those two seem to be known simply as the Pink and Gold Badges, and correspond to the correct ones.

That all being said, uh, yeah... Apple Acid's move description does seem pretty explicitly geared toward Flapple rather than Appletun. But it's weird 'cause until I saw that pointed out here, I never would have thought the moves might be the wrong way around. To me it always made sense that Appletun, the plump and terrestrial-bound one, would vomit up goo to ward off enemies, while Flapple, the speedy one that can fly, would go around picking apples off trees and dropping them on its opponents.

Last edited:
Nepgear is cute.
Reaction score

That all being said, uh, yeah... Apple Acid's move description does seem pretty explicitly geared toward Flapple rather than Appletun. But it's weird 'cause until I saw that pointed out here, I never would have thought the moves might be the wrong way around. To me it always made sense that Appletun, the plump and terrestrial-bound one, would vomit up goo to ward off enemies, while Flapple, the speedy one that can fly, would go around picking apples off trees and dropping them on its opponents.
I never noticed that either; it kind of makes sense that those two moves might have gotten mixed up/switched during development. However, I would also argue that it makes sense from anin-universe standpoint when you realize that both Flapple and Appletun share a G-Max design. Perhaps these branched evolutions have remnants of its counterpart in terms of certain characteristics on a genetic level?

Reaction score
Also as far as the Soul/Marsh Badges go, isn't that just a localization thing? In Japanese, those two seem to be known simply as the Pink and Gold Badges, and correspond to the correct ones.
Yes, but I still find it extremely weird.

Reaction score
After reading many times the Pokedex entries and the Wikipedia pages about apples, my conclusion is that both Flapple and Appletun are made from acid apples, it's just that Appletun is covered in nectar so it appears to be a sweet apple. Its signature move Acid Malic therefore represents its true acid nature.