• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh New Pokemon Species Discussion

What's your opinion on the new Galar Pokémon we've seen so far?

• I like most of them

Votes: 89 69.5%
  • I dislike most of them

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • I'm neutral on most of them

Votes: 28 21.9%

• Total voters
I can't believe people are wishing for more Eeveelutions. What'd I'd rather see is.

Another physical-variant version of Eevee. Physical as in evolving into rock, ground, steel, and fighting type. And since Eevee is quad-pedal, then this 1 most likely bipedal.

And a Grass type tree that is equivalent to Slakoth/Vigoroth/Slaking line, (where the 1st and 3rd has Truant ability). Was hoping for another variation in future gens but hasn't happened yet.

New elements combinations.

Elementally speaking, I'd be completely happy to see Grass/Fire types, as well as Grass/Electric or Electric/Grass. Poison/Psychic too, and my #1 Ice/* type is Ice/Poison type, because, Ice has only 1 resistance and the only combination giving it the most resistances without a 4x weakness is Ice/Poison.

Evolutions.

-Would like Trevenant an evolution. Note that I generally don't wish for mega evolutions on 2-stage evolutions.
-More branched evolutions. Sudowoodo could evolve into a pure Rock type and also a Rock/Grass branched evolution.

Stat changes.

Does anyone think some pokemon need to have weaker stat changes? I'd vote Aerodactly speed from 130 to 110, namely because it doesn't make much sense than an Aerodactly is faster than an Alakazam. I'd also like to see all the Eeveelutions get a stat decrease, that is, their 130 stat down to 120.

Galar variants.

-Wouldn't surprise me if Bellsprout evolution became Grass/Fire heh. Or if gave Weepinbell a branched evolution as Gloom already has 1.

Locations.

-More sewer locations.
-And a forest where you can actually climb trees (like Fortree City).

Also when you look at all the previous games, they all tend to have a forest very early on in the game (as well as caves outnumber forests quite a bit) so I'd like to see a forest also pretty late in the game.
And also to add to this list.

A Rotom-computer that is Electric/Psychic.
An evolution for male Salandit.
Stat boost for Golurk.
Legendary or Mythical Poison type.
Power Grass type pokemon that are actually plants and not animals.
Levitate ability for pokemon like Chandelure and Magnezone.

Edit: By the way, for all the comments in other threads about hoping not to have Scorbunny evolve into a Fire/Fighting type, you guys must not be competitive battlers. 1 of the criticisms against Fire types is Stealth Rock weakness. The only way for a Fire type to not have Steal Rock weakness is to be paired with Fighting, Steel, or Ground. But Fire/Steel and Fire/Ground gives it a 4x weakness, only way for Fire types to not have Stealth Rock weakness without having a 4x weakness is Fire/Fighting. While I don't necessarily wish it on Scorbunny's evo, we could use more of it.

Last edited:
And also to add to this list.

A Rotom-computer that is Electric/Psychic.
An evolution for male Salandit.
Stat boost for Golurk.
Legendary or Mythical Poison type.
Power Grass type pokemon that are actually plants and not animals.
Levitate ability for pokemon like Chandelure and Magnezone.
Adding on to that, how about a Rotom Jackhammer that’s Electric/Ground.

Speaking of, an Orca or a Megaldon would be cool. The later probably work better as a fossil perhaps. I've been wanting a proper shark Pokemon forever; a Hammerhead or Great White would also be neat. Just as long as they aren't tiny; Tyrauntrum made me sad with how small it was as I was expecting Onix length at least

Speaking of, an Orca or a Megaldon would be cool. The later probably work better as a fossil perhaps. I've been wanting a proper shark Pokemon forever; a Hammerhead or Great White would also be neat. Just as long as they aren't tiny; Tyrauntrum made me sad with how small it was as I was expecting Onix length at least
Isn’t Kyogre already an Orca though?

I just want gamefreak to explore more new type combinations like they did last few generations which they admitted themselves.

I think type combinations are essential to spark idea for them to create new interesting mons.

• I'd really love a cute snail that's part Bug or part Water. I don't have an issue with Magcargo, but I'd like to see them take another shot at a snail Pokemon and see what they come up with.
  • A millipede or caterpillar that's Bug/Dragon. I don't know why I'm all about bugs this gen, but so be it. A Bug/Dragon type in general would be nice.
  • I'm still in line for that second go at a kangaroo.
  • A Flying/Steel Magpie that armors itself in some of the trinkets it steals.
  • A Ghost type based on an ornate mirror would be cool. It would make a nice friend for Chandelure, too.
  • I'd really like to see more weird designs like the UB's, even if they don't do more UB's outright. They're so wild and alien, and I love them.
  • I really want another long necked/long legged bird. A flamingo, crane, goose, or anything of the sort. Moar tol babs.
  • A second go at an octopus or squid. I've been wanting this forever.

There should also be a female only ghost type Pokémon based on the banshee.
Partial fairy /normal /dark with all sound moves.
The new bug/dragon looks cool like starship troopers style. Bug/dragon is strong against starters. Sobble learning dragon moves? Looks neat hope for good ability and evolutions.

Last edited:
I want a rodent based on dormice, a cat based on a cheshire cat, a new catepillar that isn't wurmple or caterpie. You could literally have the characters of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland on your Pokemon team. Also, in one of my Grad School courses, we are using the works of Lewis Carroll as texts to analyze and interpret so I'll probably have lot of this wonderland ideas on my brain.

The pikapeck line would deserve a seperated evolution line that stays a woodpecker? Flying/steel?

would like some new type combos as well as some representation for rare types - more ghost, more ice, more electric, and screw it give me some pure flying types. would also like it if they eschewed doing the typical early game tropes: no regional normal/flying bird, no regional normal type mammal, no regional bug that has a cocoon middle phase, etc

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom