• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh New Pokemon Species Discussion

What's your opinion on the new Galar Pokémon we've seen so far?

• I like most of them

Votes: 89 69.5%
  • I dislike most of them

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • I'm neutral on most of them

Votes: 28 21.9%

• Total voters
Because it's determined by its form? If it changed types, I'm sure they would have said that when they introduced it, instead of saying that it's Electric/Dark.
But Morpeko technically is still Electric/Dark, just half and half between forms. It's the only reason I can think of to why Aura wheel also changes typing between forms, to have it's signature move have stab each form

But Morpeko technically is still Electric/Dark, just half and half between forms. It's the only reason I can think of to why Aura wheel also changes typing between forms, to have it's signature move have stab each form
They very clearly list it as being dual-typed, though. Had it been one type per form, they would have listed it as such.

Could just be so you can have a move with the super effectiveness and STAB for both of its types without having to take up two move slots.

Also, with it changing types, you've got to wonder how that would work with Dynamax. You'd have to time it right to get the Max Move that you want, and if the move still changes type while Dynamax'd, then you'd really have to time it right to use either the Dark or Electric version for two out of your three turns.

Still think there's one little detail missing. I think Morpeko switches between types as well, otherwise why would Aura wheel change types if Morpeko's always Electric/Dark?
Because it's determined by its form? If it changed types, I'm sure they would have said that when they introduced it, instead of saying that it's Electric/Dark.
I think there's also a possibility of each form having their stat distribution altered just a little bit (not its base stat total, just how its stats are distributed). Perhaps Full Belly Mode is when Morpeko will be more defensive while its Hangry Mode is on the more offensive side?

I have a bad feeling they'll do to Morpeko what they did to Oricorio and make its only good STAB attack aura wheel. Sure, it'll probably get like, thunderbolt and nuzzle, but I have a feeling aura wheel will be its only dark move.
It’s already confirmed to get Dark Pulse. Since its type stays the same no matter what form it’s in (unlike Oricorio), I think it’ll get enough STAB moves for both types.

It’s already confirmed to get Dark Pulse. Since its type stays the same no matter what form it’s in (unlike Oricorio), I think it’ll get enough STAB moves for both types.
Oh really? Haha guess I didn't look into it enough. Thanks, good to know they didn't outright ruin this thing.

Still think there's one little detail missing. I think Morpeko switches between types as well, otherwise why would Aura wheel change types if Morpeko's always Electric/Dark?

To hit flying hard when not hangry and to hit psychic when hangry.
If its physical move it will get type stab and will be other then a dual type move.

They very clearly list it as being dual-typed, though. Had it been one type per form, they would have listed it as such.

Could just be so you can have a move with the super effectiveness and STAB for both of its types without having to take up two move slots.

Also, with it changing types, you've got to wonder how that would work with Dynamax. You'd have to time it right to get the Max Move that you want, and if the move still changes type while Dynamax'd, then you'd really have to time it right to use either the Dark or Electric version for two out of your three turns.

To hit part ground types and those with lighting rod. This way You have a strong probably power 80 or 90 move of both types and can use 3 moveslots better. Hope it gets Dig, Outrage, Frustration

Morpeko would have been cool if it requires you to feed it berries or food items like the Lumiose Galette, Casteliacone etc in order for it to change form. And the half brown thing is really just ugly to me lol why can't they keep both sides black?

I don't really have a problem with its multicolored fur (plenty of rodents, such as guinea pigs, have calico patterns), but your idea for it using edible items to change form is far more fun and personalized than how it currently works.

Thank you! And while we are at it, maybe we can make good old @Matleo happy as well by having it turn into ghost type when you keep it hungry for too long hahaha
=P That would imply that you starved it to death, though, so maaaaaybe not? Rather not make animal neglect into a feature that people might purposely aim for.

Morpeko is another winning design.

Of all the Pikaclones, only Marill, Mimikyu and Morpeko look really solid.

I really dislike Emolga and Togedemaru though. Wasted flying squirrels and hedgehogs.

I really dislike Emolga and Togedemaru though. Wasted flying squirrels and hedgehogs.

Not wasted. Togedemaru and Emolga got great typing and movepools. Weird that not more get parabolic charge.

Makes me think if the new bat will be Galar Gliscor or Noivern? Electric/flying?
With both would fit quite well. The color pink make mecthink fairy/flying that could be swoobat or golbad but the bat is very like Noivern looking...

Hey we had Shaymin before Togedemaru, at least. =P

But I think of all the pikaclones, Togedemaru and Morpeko are the worst.

Hey we had Shaymin before Togedemaru, at least. =P

But I think of all the pikaclones, Togedemaru and Morpeko are the worst.
But I like my lil spike ball though. And as a previous hamster owner I find the potato shaped hamster, cute and somewhat accurate

Eh, I personally prefer Emolga and Togedemaru since they deviate more from Pikachu through their secondary typings, inspirations, and designs. While I'll give credit for the dual forms idea, Monpeko bores me as a design since I see too much Pikachu in it.

Last edited:
pika clones are good. Need movepool buffs. Plusle and minum would need a pokemon fussion or forms with new abilities. Plusle combined with Minum could be Neutronica electric with 2 tails with Magnet Guard immunity to fairy and steel type moves.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom