• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh New Pokemon Species Discussion

What's your opinion on the new Galar Pokémon we've seen so far?

• I like most of them

Votes: 89 69.5%
  • I dislike most of them

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • I'm neutral on most of them

Votes: 28 21.9%

• Total voters
I really want to see Galarian Empoleon,Infernape and Torterra due to the likely Gen 4 remakes. G.Empoleon could be like a guard for the queen while Torterra could maybe have a castle on it and not the forest. Not sure what Infernape could be though.

Not gonna happen, since they are starters.
It provides a marketing issue if the OG form turns out more popular (Or the other way around), since it basically makes the other form pointless marketing wise.

Not gonna happen, since they are starters.
It provides a marketing issue if the OG form turns out more popular (Or the other way around), since it basically makes the other form pointless marketing wise.
But other gen starters had mega evolutions, though I suspect in DPP remakes they'll discontinue dyna/gigantamaxes.

Maybe say Galar's sport like culture got adapted into Sinnoh along with Dynmax energy or something.
No thanks. Megas were not that intrusive to Hoenn. Adding Dynamax to Sinnoh's culture changes a large part of it, which I don’t like. And incorporating Dynamax in Sinnoh gym battles is something that shouldn’t happen.

No thanks. Megas were not that intrusive to Hoenn. Adding Dynamax to Sinnoh's culture changes a large part of it, which I don’t like. And incorporating Dynamax in Sinnoh gym battles is something that shouldn’t happen.
Yeeeah, huge agree there. Mega evolution wasn't remotely out of place in Hoenn compared to Sinnoh just suddenly having giant Pokémon in it. I really hope that Dynamax Sinnoh doesn't happen.

They really really really should have just developed Mega Evolution more instead of opting for this giant Pokémon thing. If anything, giant Pokémon should have just been reserved for boss battles- that would have been less intrusive if it popped up in Sinnoh too. Giant Pokémon invaded Sinnoh? Sure why not. Sinnoh remodeled its gyms to use Dynamax? No, can we not.

Empoleon learning Sparkling Aria and getting a mega and a Z-move... Would want both Z moves and Megas. Maybe Even one or two could gigantamax? Imagine via move?

Torterra was large in the detective pikachu movie. Would make sense to summon sandstorm, grassy terrain and maybe a ground move that summons stealth rocks? Could see each getting some options here. Infernape could get 2 megas like Charizard.

I think they could make special Gigantamax forms for legendaries. 4. One for Torterra and some others. Could be related with Arceus the strongest pokemon it should get one maybe the rest could get megas... Maybe a historical relation between Galar and gen 4.

Gen 2 starters still need their deserved attention.

Let’s get back on topic.

I’d like a Fairy/Psychic evolutionary line based on spellcasters like Wizards and Sorcerers. Maybe give them Fairy-type equivalents to the moves Confusion and Psychic as well. Even better, make it the Pseudo-Legendary of Gen 8 (or at least one of them).

Empoleon isn’t a singing siren.

But pinguins can give sounds. Also a good cool move. If it gets buffed to heal the users burn too.

I want a book , demonic one.
A hand that crawls.
A instrument harp.
Could see alice in wonderland motives and a flamingo. Boar pokemon. African motivated pokes.

Spiky headhog. Turkey. New bear?

Who plans on naming a Morpeko Hamtaro? :p
I'll name one of mine Hamtaro for sure. But the first one I catch (since I don't plan to use it), I'm naming it Mighty Bean, because the shape of it really reminds me of those old toys (which apparently the still make).

I definitely like Morpeko a lot. At first, I wasn't too big on it, but I have warmed up to it incredibly so in this past week since it was revealed. So glad to see an Electric/Dark type for the first time too, and I'm surprised to see it on a Pikaclone of all things.

__

We haven't seen a new cat Pokemon yet this gen, and since they typically like to include them along with a new dog Pokemon (Yamper for Gen 8), I am hoping we will get to see one. I did a tad bit of research and actually very quickly discovered a little mystery in the UK called the "British Big Cats" where people have reported seeing Big Cats not typically native to Britain on the Britsh Countryside. Some of these incidents report "panthers, pumas, or black cats.

So, I would love to see a Pokemon based on this phenomenon, or at least a black cat Pokemon that evolves into a panther or something. We don't yet have a black cat Pokemon (okay, one of Litten's primary colors is black, but I don't really consider it much a black cat Pokemon since it's a tabby, and a fire-type, and a starter. I am more going for a Cat Pokemon that helps embody the common superstition), and they could probably tie it into the superstition that seeing a black cat gives you bad luck. We have already seen a couple of dark type cat Pokemon too, which does seem like the ideal typing for this Pokemon. But, if they did have it more based on these incidents, I can also see them going with a Ghost typing, since sometimes these are called Phantom cats.

But Empleon looks like it could learn it.
How does it look like it can learn it? Empoleon, and penguins aren’t known for their singing. In fact, its supposed to be a noble ruler and they often have singers in their court, and singing was considered lowly.

Anyway, its the wrong thead to argue if Empoleon should learn a singing siren’s signature move.

So, I would love to see a Pokemon based on this phenomenon, or at least a black cat Pokemon that evolves into a panther or something. We don't yet have a black cat Pokemon (okay, one of Litten's primary colors is black, but I don't really consider it much a black cat Pokemon since it's a tabby, and a fire-type, and a starter. I am more going for a Cat Pokemon that helps embody the common superstition), and they could probably tie it into the superstition that seeing a black cat gives you bad luck. We have already seen a couple of dark type cat Pokemon too, which does seem like the ideal typing for this Pokemon. But, if they did have it more based on these incidents, I can also see them going with a Ghost typing, since sometimes these are called Phantom cats.
I just had an idea to incorporate Schrodinger’s cat in the franchise! Morpeko has set precedent for a Pokemon to change form each turn, so how about a cat Pokemon which switches its type from normal to ghost (and vice versa) every turn? Its ability that allows it to do so could be called Mortality Switch.

How does it look like it can learn it? Empoleon, and penguins aren’t known for their singing. In fact, its supposed to be a noble ruler and they often have singers in their court, and singing was considered lowly.

Anyway, its the wrong thead to argue if Empoleon should learn a singing siren’s signature move.

Excuse me for butting in but wow are y'all harsh towards matleo. I don't see anything wrong with Empoleon learning Sparkling Aria. It's based on Napoleon and Napoleon's a known music lover. He also did commission an opera house.

Excuse me for butting in but wow are y'all harsh towards matleo. I don't see anything wrong with Empoleon learning Sparkling Aria. It's based on Napoleon and Napoleon's a known music lover. He also did commission an opera house.
Firstly, the argument I was given, and replying to was "Penguins make sounds", which wasn’t a really good one. I wasn’t particularly rude or uncivil in my posts (please point out if I am, and I apologise if it is reads like that). I found it pretty random since Empoleon isn’t known for its singing. I don’t know if there’s even something that’d make Empoleon better with the move since Scald has much higher utility on it.
I didn’t know about Napoleon being a known music lover though.

Anyways, it’s pretty clear that the move was specifically created with Primarina's theme in mind, so if it were to be given to Empoleon, it’d have already happened.

(And I'd like to point out again that the entire discussion is off topic to this thread).

I just had an idea to incorporate Schrodinger’s cat in the franchise! Morpeko has set precedent for a Pokemon to change form each turn, so how about a cat Pokemon which switches its type from normal to ghost (and vice versa) every turn? Its ability that allows it to do so could be called Mortality Switch.

Make it normal/fairy to dark/ghost a double switch. Would fit a cat.

Corviknights 3 ability rescued it

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom