• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh New Pokemon Species Discussion

What's your opinion on the new Galar Pokémon we've seen so far?

• I like most of them

Votes: 89 69.5%
  • I dislike most of them

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • I'm neutral on most of them

Votes: 28 21.9%

• Total voters
I thought I had seen the last dope, simplistic and cartoony Pkmn with Bibarel...the bird PKMN and the fish are just ridiculous.
Polteageist is just unoriginal. I believe that Chandelure was way better accomplished in how they fused the creature with the object. In Poltea's case is just a tea pot with some creature filling. It just reminds me of Golurk. Also, the description will lead to some sexual allusion about tea and trainers tasting it!
Due to Alcremie, Sword & Shield is now Pokémon Cooking Mama.
This games are not exciting me at all, with each new reveal I have the reinforced feeling that I won't have any regrets in skipping these games and perhaps the Galar region. Just like Brexit, it seems a mess.
I would definitely agree with others that it is not “unoriginal”. It was definitely a design out of left field for me that I wasn’t expecting at all.

I’m assuming they meant that color, decoration, and highlights of the Alcremie are randomly determined from the possible pool of traits.
that makes sense. i feel stupid haha. oops
that would make it kinda hard to find the one you want

It's so weird seeing people still complain about object based Pokemon, especially when it's a staple and they're never consistent about it.
By that line of thought, it would be also weird to complain about animal-inspired PKMN and yet that's what's done because people have different tastes, ideas and opinions to discuss and hence a forum.

I think there will be two more decorations for Alcremie, yellow stars and purple bows, judging by G-max Alcremie’s design. I don’t think there will be anymore colors but it’s hard to tell since it looks like not all color possibilities are on G-max Alcremie. There’s no mint green section, for example.

I’d also like to note that the top section of G-max Alcremie looks very similar in color to the body of its base form, light pink, though the eyes are different. I wonder if that top segment will change color depending on the base Alcremie’s color.

I think there will be two more decorations for Alcremie, yellow stars and purple bows, judging by G-max Alcremie’s design. I don’t think there will be anymore colors but it’s hard to tell since it looks like not all color possibilities are on G-max Alcremie. There’s no mint green section, for example.

I’d also like to note that the top section of G-max Alcremie looks very similar in color to the body of its base form, light pink, though the eyes are different. I wonder if that top segment will change color depending on the base Alcremie’s color.
looks like we may get purple. i love purple. i think the mint green comes from two of the leaves of the clovers.

Someone came up with an idea of out mystery statue pokemon. He thinks it could be Impidimp's evo, a gargoyle, that turns into statue's during the day, hence why we don't see them moving.
Not sure why them not moving is such a big deal, honestly- not like the lady on the dock is moving either. Or the pokemon featured in the crowd during gym battles. Pretty sure they're just a background detail for whatever reason and that's why it doesn't move.

Also would a pokemon that can't move during the day even be usable?

Someone came up with an idea of out mystery statue pokemon. He thinks it could be Impidimp's evo, a gargoyle, that turns into statue's during the day, hence why we don't see them moving.
I like that concept. Actually it makes me wonder about weather effects in battle if impidimp does become a gargoyle. maybe a type change or something if sunny day is used?

Polteagist is cute. It becomes more creative when you realize the ghost is actually the liquid, and has a pleasing color scheme and animations. I'm clueless whether it will have an evolution or not, would it be a shelf? a crockery? I don't think it's the elephant, it never looked teapot-like enough to me.

Cramorant is not the most beautiful mon, but it's memorable because of the way it attacks. I'm positive the barracuda will become its own mon, because while it has arrow imagery, Game Freak knows it would cause a lot of confusion and all regions but Kalos have their own fish shaped Pokémon anyway.

Polteageist is absolutely wonderful, but then Ghost types usually are, so no big surprise there :p

Cramorant looks very silly and that's very much a good thing. Silly monsters are good and there should be more of them. That fish it spits out looks way too distinct not to be its own Pokemon, but is it weird to show it without really saying anything about it.

Polteageist inhabiting a teapot kinda makes me think of hermit crabs.

Cramorant is cute in a dopey way, but I mainly think it's cool how we've reached a point where they can actually integrate that sort of weaponization of nearby Pokémon into the gameplay. That was always in the lore of, like, Rhyperior, with how they supposedly launch Geodude from their cannons, but it couldn't really be depicted as well with sprites and the less dynamic/individualized abilities of that era.

and yet Polteageist is pure Ghost and not Ghost/Water >:/

Maybe it's tea-flavoured ectoplasm.

Maybe it's tea-flavoured ectoplasm.

I don’t think so as the SwSh website states that “Polteageist’s body is made from black tea” and that “they can pour their power into leftover tea and create even more of their kind.” I think it’d state tea-flavored ectoplasm if that was the case.

I don’t think so as the SwSh website states that “Polteageist’s body is made from black tea” and that “they can pour their power into leftover tea and create even more of their kind.” I think it’d state tea-flavored ectoplasm if that was the case.
Well, black tea isn't necessarily water... it could really just be everything in the water that makes it tea.

Also your tea died and became a waterless spirit because you left it out too long.

That unknown fish being spat out by Cramorant will definitely be its own Pokemon, there's no way they would give a creature a unique design and not let it become a Pokemon unless they scrap it.

Ya. That fish probably has an evolution (possibly antagonistic to Cramorant?) and they'll save the reveal for when they reveal the evolution.

it's just not particularly my cup of tea though.
If that was intentional, great pun!
Anyway, Polteageist is completely adorable! Whoever designed it really knew who he/she was doing. I hope it evolves. It looks like a middle stage.
The fish is definitely gonna become a Pokemon.

and yet Polteageist is pure Ghost and not Ghost/Water >:/

maybe because the tea isn't fully ready yet? Essence is the key.
Maybe it's evo will be ghost/water and get something special ability wise.

Hmmm could Cramorant be a Galar evolution of Wingul or Ducklett? a Swanna counterpart?
Large bird nice. Hope a opnents Surf also will activate its ability and if it hits a oponent that uses Dive directly that it will also activate.
Realy we need a old or new flying move to hit Dive users.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom