• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh New Pokemon Species Discussion

What's your opinion on the new Galar Pokémon we've seen so far?

• I like most of them

Votes: 89 69.5%
  • I dislike most of them

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • I'm neutral on most of them

Votes: 28 21.9%

• Total voters
Stat ideas for Polteageist and it's evolution
Ghost/Poison
HP 65 > 85
ATK 45 > 70
DEF 70 > 105
SP. ATK 65 > 110
SP. DEF 70 > 120
SPD 60 > 30
BST 375 > 530

I really don't see Polteageist being so strong defensively.
Tea sets are well known for being extremely fragile.

I see Polteageist and it's evo line being fairly weak defensively and very slow, but with amazingly high SP ATK. Think something similar to a Reuniclus.

I really don't see Polteageist being so strong defensively.
Tea sets are well known for being extremely fragile.

I see Polteageist and it's evo line being fairly weak defensively and very slow, but with amazingly high SP ATK. Think something similar to a Reuniclus.
I made them like that because it has weak armor.

Reuniclus is decently bulking, though, with 110 base HP and 85 base SpDef but I digress.

I could see Polteageist having a great SpDef and then poor defensive stats otherwise seeing as pretty much all Pokémon with Weak Armor have one or more good defensive base stat(s). Most of them seem to be bulky on the physical defense side though.

The Pokemon from this last trailer did not get me that excited.
They look ok, but they don't have that extra oomph to make me want to add them to my team.
If someone had told me there would be a ghost type teapot, I would have been so excited for it. Yet, Polteagust did not have that effect. I think it is because compared to the Chandelure and Aegislash lines, Polteagust seems a little separated from the object it possesses.
Regarding Cramorant, it seems a little too goofy and messy for my taste.
This Gen's designs seem to not have matched with me. Hope that the evolution designs turn it around.

Pokemon evos have surfaced again! Fanart
Yamper -> Elecorgi
Electric/Fairy
HP 45 > 70
ATK 70 > 105
DEF 55 > 80
SP. ATK 50 > 80
SP. DEF 55 > 80
SPD 35 > 70
BST 310 > 490
Impidimp -> Impidiablo -> Gargevil
Fairy/Dark
HP 55 > 70 > 85
ATK 75 > 105 > 135
DEF 50 > 65 > 90
SP. ATK 35 > 50 > 65
SP. DEF 50 > 65 > 80
SPD 65 > 95 > 115
BST 330 > 460 > 570
Signature Move: Shadow Pike (Physical Ghost 120 PP 5)
Wooloo -> Woolven/Woollama
Normal/Fairy or Dark
HP 40 > 70
ATK 30 > 60/125
DEF 50 > 80/65
SP. ATK 55 > 85/60
SP. DEF 55 > 85/70
SPD 50 > 80/90
BST 280 > 480
Rolycoly -> Choochoocoal -> Cokomotive
Rock/Fire
HP: 40 > 60 > 70
ATK: 75 > 95 > 115
DEF: 60 > 80 > 90
SP. ATK: 35 > 55 > 80
SP. DEF : 40 > 60 > 65
SPD: 70 > 90 > 110
BST: 320 > 445 > 530
Signautre move (Coal Bash, Physical, Rock and Fire, 100, PP 10)
Teakaboo -> Polteageist -> Fountean
Ghost/Poison
HP 40 > 65 > 85
ATK 20 > 45 > 70
DEF 45 > 70 > 105
SP. ATK 40 > 65 > 110
SP. DEF 45 > 70 > 120
SPD 50 > 60 > 30
BST 240 > 375 > 530
Credits:
Fountean
Wooloo Female Evo
Wooloo Male Evo
Yamper Doggo
Impidimp Evo
A TrAiN

Last edited:
hmmm we didnt get no new bug...

bug/ice , bug/dragon, bug/dark and bug/psychic anyone? thats why they hide them?
fighting, ground, psychic, ice still missing... Poison?

fire is also hidden this time like they had new fire/ice , fire/grass somewhere.

Really weird. We got 2 birds, a electric/dark rodent , electric dog, no cat , a dragon, 2 steel types, a turtle... pure grass types. Yes they gave us only one dragon this time to see that means 6 or 8 are there with nice new or rarely used typings that wait out there.
Hmmm makes me wonder more and more.
Especially that huge part of region is this time ice based and biggest ice region yet we saw in any game if I think right.
Last gen with 3 new ice type lines was weak, Kalos also was low on new ice types and had only 2, pure and ice/rock. This time would be great to mix it very much up. Some old type combos like ice/grass, ice/flying, ice/dark and ice/ghost would deserve new takes with other game roles for them as new lines for new niche.

Hmmm still no official new knights, witches, kings and other fairy, urban, myth and legendary creatures related with Europe more but its more european then Kalos.

(hope next generation 9 is a dry sandy and mixed desert area 70% at least with some oasises, mountains, rivers, swamp and sea side, underground cave systems, hot drough days, cold nights and a rain season period that changes region totally for half a year)

Polteagheist is a base form who knows maybe it evolves and gains more tea and becomes bigger with the item it posses?
It looks innocent but maybe it's name and the tea have a move to posses or do something?
How many ghosts we had that changed type while evolving?
Also not many ghosts yet.

The new flying/water bird is in Europe and North America... there is a Moose pokemon not far away.

Hmm they are very discreet now this generation.

Hope only in future they will create all abilities that have use in battle. Ballfetch feels wassted oportunity when comes to in battle usage. If they only could make it affect Ball and bomb moves of the user or oponent somehow.

Last edited:
Cramorant looks like a single staged pokemon (at least it doesn't look like that he will evolve), and its animation stays on the ground. I hope some birds like Skarmory, Swellow, Swanna stay on the ground too because they look better that way than constantly flying.
Toucannon was like that too. I wish they'd revamp some of the models that look gross while flying.

Also, ibtoo expect Cramorant to be single stage (or at least a final stage) solely cuz it has a unique ability that gives it a "form." Others like that are Wishiwashi, Mimikyu, Minior, Aegislash, etc. Which are all single-stage or final evolutions.

I had an idea that Polteageist could get different skins like Alcremie. Not as many though... More in the vein of Flabebe colors. There most assuredly isn't one color of teapot in Galar, and it'd be quite easy to apply a few different colors/designs as different skins on its model. What does everyone else think?

Question, what Alcremie does the states get? And does the original Alcremie belong to Japan?

I just posted in the Leak Repository, wondering if Alcreamie appearance would be determined by ID/region; Does the Switch have a region setting like the 3DS does?

Question, what Alcremie does the states get? And does the original Alcremie belong to Japan?
there's been no indication that this will happen, and frankly it just doesn't make sense to me. i get vivillon because its a butterfly and different climates and stuff but alcremie is whip cream/ other food inspiration. not only that but it would suck

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom