• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh New Pokemon Species Discussion

What's your opinion on the new Galar Pokémon we've seen so far?

• I like most of them

Votes: 89 69.5%
  • I dislike most of them

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • I'm neutral on most of them

Votes: 28 21.9%

• Total voters
You know the unused wolfman and warwolf pokemon design?
Imagine a first stage ice/normal and second stage ice/fighting pokemon with the Disquise ability.
Cooler then pure ice or not?
How does this relate to anything? I never said I dislike dual-type Pokémon, I said that whether a Pokémon’s type is Primary or Secondary doesn’t matter. It still won’t cause more of that Pokémon to be created.

How does this relate to anything? I never said I dislike dual-type Pokémon, I said that whether a Pokémon’s type is Primary or Secondary doesn’t matter. It still won’t cause more of that Pokémon to be created.

I think he's changing the topic lol and I do think that's a cool idea!

Last edited:
Sturdy and Lightningrod as extra abilities for Sirfetch? Do we have fighting types with those? Sawk got Sturdy but still could work and be a thing.

So quite a lot of interesting Pokemon have been leaked, and while they haven't been confirmed yet, I'm pretty certain most, if not all, of them are real.

To be honest, I've become pretty neutral towards the Galar Pokemon again. Outside of the Wooloo evolution, the foxes, and Snake2, the leaked Pokemon are either "eh" or "ugh" to me. Several of the leaked 'mons such as Intelleon and the second stage fox have a decent enough design in my opinion that is ruined by a few bad traits. I think the starter evolutions are among my least favorites as all three are far too anthropomorphized for my tastes. The fact that they're all mono-type is super disappointing too. And Impidimp's evolutions are contenders for my least favorite Pokemon of all time.

I feel this will be a gen 6 situation where I'm mostly lukewarm on the Pokemon, liking but not loving them, which makes me sad because I really wanted to enjoy a lot of the new Pokemon of the region. Now I'm considering using more old Pokemon in my team...

/End rant. I just wanted to get that off my chest.

Last edited:
So quite a lot of interesting Pokemon have been leaked, and while they haven't been confirmed yet, I'm pretty certain most, if not all, of them are real.

To be honest, I've become pretty neutral towards the Galar Pokemon again. Outside of the Wooloo evolution, the foxes, and Snake2, the leaked Pokemon are either "eh" or "ugh" to me. Several of the leaked 'mons such as Intelleon and the second stage fox have a decent enough design in my opinion that is ruined by a few bad traits. I think the starter evolutions are among my least favorites as all three are far too anthropomorphized for my tastes. The fact that they're all mono-type is super disappointing too. And Impidimp's evolutions are contenders for my least favorite Pokemon of all time.

I feel this will be a gen 6 situation where I'm mostly lukewarm on the Pokemon, liking but not loving them, which makes me sad because I really wanted to enjoy a lot of the new Pokemon of the region. Now I'm considering using more old Pokemon in my team...

/End rant. I just wanted to get that off my chest.
umm excuse me did you just insult the impidimp line?

Galar Pokemon Update--SPOILERS
74893727_447050955955027_3584374225416224768_n.png
index.php
index.php
index.php
index.php
index.php
In the above spoiler tag is an image with all known Galar Pokemon and Galarian forms. Due note that some of these Pokemon have been leaked and that there is no guarantees that they are legitimate, however, it seems likely that they, or at least most of them, are real.

Edit:

Here's a list (no images) of all the leaked Pokemon. I tried to keep the descriptions as vague and basic as possible.
  1. Grookey second stage
  2. Grookey final stage
  3. Scorbunny final stage
  4. Sobble second stage
  5. Sobble final stage
  6. Wooloo evolution
  7. Red fox
  8. Red fox evolution
  9. Bubble witch
  10. Bubble witch evolution
  11. Ball python
  12. Ball python evolution
  13. Galarian Meowth
  14. Meowth-G evolution
  15. Orange elephant
  16. Purple dinosaur
  17. Centipede
  18. Galarian Farfetch'd
  19. Octopus
  20. Octopus evolution
  21. Spiky urchin
  22. Gmax apple lizard (it's really hard to tell from the image)
  23. Impidimp second stage
  24. Impidimp final stage
  25. Yamper evolution
  26. Rolycoly second stage
  27. Rolycoly final stage
  28. Corviknight stage 1
  29. Corviknight stage 2

Edit 2: Another Pokemon has been leaked; it's presumably Yamper's evolution.

Edit 3: More leaked Pokemon

Edit 4: More leaks

Last edited:
74893727_447050955955027_3584374225416224768_n.png
In the above spoiler tag is an image with all known Galar Pokemon and Galarian forms. Due note that some of these Pokemon have been leaked and that there is no guarantees that they are legitimate, however, it seems likely that they, or at least most of them, are real.
This image is good, but it misses a few Gigantamax forms, if they count as "new" Pokemon forms.
Machamp, Lapras, Kingler, Garbodor and Rolycoly(?) stage 2/3 gigantamax aren't there. The latter probably also counts as a new Pokemon too. Nor are any of the other officially revealed G-max forms there either.

I'm also suprised we haven't seen Raboot yet.

Last edited:
This whole pokedex looks so.... Western cartoon style?

Maybe not the whole Pokedex, but I'm also getting that feeling. Some Pokemon just look cartoon-y, which I'm alright with, but others look like the main characters in a Saturday morning cartoon and I'm honestly not a fan of that.

So far (and it seems most of the pokemon have leaked now) this is my least favorite gen for designs (and only designs, the game looks great).
I know I've said this a dozen times on the leak thread but oof. Just oof

So far (and it seems most of the pokemon have leaked now) this is my least favorite gen for designs (and only designs, the game looks great).
I know I've said this a dozen times on the leak thread but oof. Just oof

So I dipped out of the leak thread after Corviknight's pre-evos were shown so I didn't get to see the rest of the 'dex, but it seems like we have similar opinions and this makes comment me nervous because I wasn't in love with what I saw (though I did like some stuff) and was hoping that a lot of the leaked 'mons I missed out on would look good.

So I dipped out of the leak thread after Corviknight's pre-evos were shown so I didn't get to see the rest of the 'dex, but it seems like we have similar opinions and this makes comment me nervous because I wasn't in love with what I saw (though I did like some stuff) and was hoping that a lot of the leaked 'mons I missed out on would look good.

Well, after 900+ Pokemon, I think the legacy designers are fresh out of ideas. Time for some fresh blood (i.e., new artists). I'll be bluntly honest, a lot of what I have seen thus far - the Pokemon are horrible looking. I will probably get used to them eventually..

And Eternatus - why does it look like a ship from Star Trek?

Corviknight is still one of my favorites of revealed Pokemon thus far, and well it's cool that it may actually be the regional bird.

However, Galarian Forms were completely unnecessary and I am no longer a supporter of any regional forms. This is a trend that needs to die a bloody death.

I think the legacy designers are fresh out of ideas.

While I wasn't in love with a lot of the designs, I definitely wouldn't say the designers are running out of ideas. I mean, there were definitely some unoriginal designs such as the generic second stage fox but there was also some more unique design ideas such as the snakes.

Thoughts so far:

I must say, I think I like the galarian form designs more than the actual Galar Pokemon themselves. I like pretty much all the forms we're seen of older Pokemon, with Weezing, Corsola and Stunfisk being my favorites so far. All the galarian forms seem to be for neglected Pokemon, as they should be (except for maybe meowth).

As for Galar Pokemon, I don't like too many of them. Rolycoly, Corviknight, Hatterene, and the apple thing's evolution lines are the only ones I think I can say for sure that I like. Eternatus looks pretty badass too.

A lot of the Pokemon seem to have this weird feel to them I can't put my finger on. Ugly color palettes seem to be common, for one. Grimmsnarl looks cool, but I hate the green and red/pink. I'm most disappointed in the fossils, because mix-and-matching is such a cool idea, but it's ruined for me by the fact that the fossils look so ugly this gen. If the colors were just a tiny bit less jarring, maybe I would feel differently, but right now they look super unappealing. The pseudo and the bugs are other ones I really don't like.

Gen 5 was my least favorite for a while in terms of Pokemon designs, but right now, I think this one might have it beat, but I'll see. Maybe I'm unfairly disliking everything because of my saltiness about the fossil designs, I don't know.

Hopefully actually playing the game will change my mind, because I can't say for sure what I will really think until I play it. Maybe I just need to see some of them from different angles. I'm happy a lot of other people enjoy them though.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom