• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh New Pokemon Species Discussion

What's your opinion on the new Galar Pokémon we've seen so far?

• I like most of them

Votes: 89 69.5%
  • I dislike most of them

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • I'm neutral on most of them

Votes: 28 21.9%

• Total voters
For the people who saw the leaked ‘dex, how late does Duraludon appear in it? It looks like an end-game Pokémon, which makes me worried because I wanted to use Jangmo-o last gen but didn’t because it appeared so late and I already had a full team by the time I got to Vast Poni Canyon.

For the people who saw the leaked ‘dex, how late does Duraludon appear in it? It looks like an end-game Pokémon, which makes me worried because I wanted to use Jangmo-o last gen but didn’t because it appeared so late and I already had a full team by the time I got to Vast Poni Canyon.
well in the trailers it looked like it appeared pretty late i thought. in the dex it is towards the end number 371 out of 400

You can always throw things into the void of the surprise trade and see if you can't get one early.

Unfortunately, I will not be buying the online subscription so I'm out of luck there. However, I think my college has a Pokemon club and I might find someone willingly to trade me a Duraludon or, ideally, a Duraludon egg.

Last edited:
New Pokémon in 11/11/19 trailer
Two new Pokémon were shown in today’s trailer, however, they weren’t revealed like other new Pokémon. All we know of them is their appearance.
index.php
index.php

Last edited:
Now that I have access to my computer, I was able to take better screenshots of the two new Pokemon and I would like to discuss them. Overall, I'm not too keen on either design.

It looks weird, and not in a good way in my opinion. Think Mr. Mime or Jynx. It isn't the worst Pokemon design in the world by a wide margin, but I'm not a fan of its wackiness.
I think this design has a good/cool idea behind it, but isn't executed that well, at least from what I can see; if the actual drawing comes off and becomes a more corporeal being I will change my tune. It feels almost lazy, being just a simplistic red drawing on some simple stone tiles. I've heard that there's a new Ghost type Lizard Pokemon and I hope this isn't' it.

Now that I have access to my computer, I was able to take better screenshots of the two new Pokemon and I would like to discuss them. Overall, I'm not too keen on either design.

It looks weird, and not in a good way in my opinion. Think Mr. Mime or Jynx. It isn't the worst Pokemon design in the world by a wide margin, but I'm not a fan of its wackiness.
I think this design has a good/cool idea behind it, but isn't executed that well, at least from what I can see; if the actual drawing comes off and becomes a more corporeal being I will change my tune. It feels almost lazy, being just a simplistic red drawing on some simple stone tiles. I've heard that there's a new Ghost type Lizard Pokemon and I hope this isn't' it.
I really like the rock wall snake. it won't be the ghost type lizard you hear about

You know, Drednaw is slowly shaping up to be one of my favorite Galar Pokemon. While I wasn't too keen on it originally, it's grown on me quite bit. I think it's got a neat design, nice use of color, and it's animations are nice too. I think I'll have a lot of fun using it; here's hoping it learns Aqua Jet.
tumblr_psnvz8sAFe1tlrv28_540.gif

You know, Drednaw is slowly shaping up to be one of my favorite Galar Pokemon. While I wasn't too keen on it originally, it's grown on me quite bit. I think it's got a neat design, nice use of color, and it's animations are nice too. I think I'll have a lot of fun using it; here's hoping it learns Aqua Jet.
tumblr_psnvz8sAFe1tlrv28_540.gif
Aw I rather like that animation! I'm starting to like him too.

(also slowly shaping up lol slow turtle puns intentional or not~)
Yay! Dreadnaw fans unite!! It was one of my favorites from Galar ever since the June trailer (especially because I was a fan of Call of the Wildman when I was younger). No matter if I choose Grookey or Scorbunny, I think it’s safe to say it’s had a permanent spot on my team from the get go.

Yay! Dreadnaw fans unite!! It was one of my favorites from Galar ever since the June trailer (especially because I was a fan of Call of the Wildman when I was younger). No matter if I choose Grookey or Scorbunny, I think it’s safe to say it’s had a permanent spot on my team from the get go.
i'm starting to like drednaw too

but it's pre-evo is cursed

but it's pre-evo is cursed
Agree on that. I’m still pretty sad about it. I was so looking forward to a cute pre-evo for it but Chewtle is UGH why?! :cry:

Agreed. Not only is it ugly, its pre-evolution barely looks like it. Outside of the coloration and the spike on its head, Chewtle bares no resemblance to Drednaw.

Agreed. Not only is it ugly, its pre-evolution barely looks like it. Outside of the coloration and the spike on its head, Chewtle bares no resemblance to Drednaw.
Honestly it reminds me more of a Squirtle-Weedle fusion than anything. :/ Still though, I love Dreadnaw and eagerly await to find one in the Wild Area.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom