• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh New Pokemon Species Discussion

What's your opinion on the new Galar Pokémon we've seen so far?

• I like most of them

Votes: 89 69.5%
  • I dislike most of them

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • I'm neutral on most of them

Votes: 28 21.9%

• Total voters
I just found out the name of that Poison/Electric dinosaur. It's Toxel. Now I don't have to refer to it as the "Poison/Electric dinosaur" anymore."

How good would be Corviknight with Dazzling , Intimidate or Heaproof instead of Pressure?
against Talonflame?

Will Corviknight get some priority coverage like quick attack, Extreem Speed , shadow sneak, First impression?
Parting shot? Sucker Punch?
taking its dex entry?

Taking that Skarmory is faster?weird that Skarnory didn't get increased priority coverage too... maybe Skarmory with Quick attack and Extreem Speed and Corviknight with Parting Shot and Sucker Punch?

Last edited:
Does anyone know if we can catch pokemon in the grass at a lower stage and still find one with the ability to gigantamax later when it is fully evolved? Or is it max raid battles only?

My game delivery may not come today :/

Does anyone know if we can catch pokemon in the grass at a lower stage and still find one with the ability to gigantamax later when it is fully evolved? Or is it max raid battles only?

Raids only, and they have to be Gigantamax. They’re also really rare.

Last edited:

As far as I know you gotta capture it in the stage it can Gigantamax: for example: you can get access to Gigantamax [Final Stage] only if you battle Gigantamax [Final Stage] in a max raid battle. The pre evolution raids will only have access to Dynamax.

I feel like Dreepy line is pretty interesting but the pseudo legendary being dragon type again is just kinda dull...

I feel like Dreepy line is pretty interesting but the pseudo legendary being dragon type again is just kinda dull...
Pseudos and at least one legendary per gen are always going to be Dragon type, or so it seems that it's what GF wants. Gen 2 was the last one where we didn't get either.

Pseudos and at least one legendary per gen are always going to be Dragon type, or so it seems that it's what GF wants. Gen 2 was the last one where we didn't get either.

Perhaps, I just feel like that's getting kind of stale. I would make it a Ghost/Steel type but that's only marginally more interesting since there's already a steel pseudo legendary. At least it is kind of interesting by itself if you disregard it from all the other pseudo legendaries.

Out of curiosity, since raid grinding doesn’t give exp, what does it give that helps in competitive? Competitive items?
It helps in building competitive Pokémon, since 5-stars raid give Pokémon at level 60, with 3-4 max IVs, and have lots of exp, and TRs (and those are the ones mostly used on competitive).

Given that you have to raise the level to 100 to use bottle caps, you can catch a Pokémon in raids at 60, leveling up with with the new exp candies quickly, give him the bottle caps and movesets, possibly changing nature boosts with mints, and you’re ready to go.

Even if you’re more into breeding, the new exp candies grinded in raids helps leveling up fast your Pokémon.

Figure I'll remark on it somewhere- I think Boltund is based on a Welsh Sheepdog.
It's UK, it herds sheep, and it has the right ears, markings, and thin tail.

Welsh_Sheepdog.jpg

Apologies for double-posting, but it looks like Impidimp is not the pseudo of this generation, which I am thankful for. Here's hoping it's another Dragon-type.

Apologies for double-posting, but it looks like Impidimp is not the pseudo of this generation, which I am thankful for. Here's hoping it's another Dragon-type.
it's not at all
it's dreepy, i'm pretty sure, a dragon type. your wish came true

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom