• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh New Pokemon Species Discussion

What's your opinion on the new Galar Pokémon we've seen so far?

• I like most of them

Votes: 89 69.5%
  • I dislike most of them

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • I'm neutral on most of them

Votes: 28 21.9%

• Total voters
My favourite Pokémon from this gen is arguably Toxtricity's Amped Up form. It's most definitely my favourite Gigantamax form. Sirfetch'd is also really dope.

In a rubbish bin where it belongs.

can't get why only Corviknight got Magic Armor and so many heavy metal?
Copperjah 650.0 kg ? 1300 kg? taking that Dynamax pokes are immune to weight based moves?

Falinks learning Heal Order, Defend Order and Atack Order in future?

Some multi hiting moves would be cool.
Seriously this pokemon feels unfinished and needs a better secondary ability.

"The six of them work together as one Pokémon. Teamwork is also their battle strategy, and they constantly change their formation as they fight." Shield description...

Grimmsnarl is disapointing with its mega having a dark sleeping move...
Seriously looks hobgoblin like and didnt get more fire moves?
Did get uproar but not snarl...???
and no water type moves? but got at least Power whip? interesting.
taking that it can put others to sleep its weird that they put Frisk and Pickpocket into it when it would need Vital Spirit more then Frisk.

Hope it gets Court Change next games too, because with Prankster it would make sense.
I think they planed a fighting/fairy looking at dex description but seeing the design changed their mind.
They even compared it to Machamp.

Maybe not pseudolegendary but doesnt need to worry about them so easy.
Has Fake Out, Can reduce enemies sp. attack with soul break, has low swipe to reduce speed and a always hitting dark type attack... sneaky.

Last edited:
875.png
875-n.png
So I'd like to take the time to rant about Eiscue. Why am I ranting about it? Because it's one of the most lazy designs in Pokemon, in my opinion. It's literally just a penguin with some blue accents and an ice cube or blue circle for a head. The idea is creative and interesting, but the execution is rather lazy in my opinion (kind of like with Flapple, but I digress). So what would I do to make it a little more creative? Rather than the Ice Face form having an ice cube on its head, I'd give it some ice armor reminiscent of, like, knight armor from the British Isles. As for the Noice Face form, maybe give it a Shakespearean or thespian vibe considering there isn't any Galar Pokemon based on that. Heck, rather than ice armor, you could keep the face theme by making the whole Pokemon thespian and giving both forms an icy variant of the comedy and tragedy masks.

Personally, the only Gen 8 Pokemon that I really really hate design wise is Chewtle. Seriously, that thing is ugly as sin! Turtles are supposed to be cute, not look like an inflated balloon with a traffic cone on its head! Drednaw looks fine, but Chewtle just looks...awful. Squirtle and Tirtouga look way better, and they're turtles, too!

Last edited:
Personally, the only Gen 9 Pokemon that I really really hate design wise is Chewtle. Seriously, that thing is ugly as sin! Turtles are supposed to be cute, not look like an inflated balloon with a traffic cone on its head! Drednaw looks fine, but Chewtle just looks...awful. Squirtle and Tirtouga look way better, and they're turtles, too!
Gen...Gen... 9!? When did you go to the future and got this design?

Okay I need to know: What! Is! Falknx! It's, like, six little dudes but they're all one Pokemon. But how! Dammit! This is exactly the same problem I have with eggxecute. At least that one has psychic type as a justification.

I do like it, though. Wish I had caught one in my main run. Guess I'll just have to catch one in my joint let's play with my friend.

Okay I need to know: What! Is! Falknx! It's, like, six little dudes but they're all one Pokemon. But how! Dammit! This is exactly the same problem I have with eggxecute. At least that one has psychic type as a justification.

I do like it, though. Wish I had caught one in my main run. Guess I'll just have to catch one in my joint let's play with my friend.

I think it's supposed to be based on a phalanx, a military formation defined as a body of heavily armored troops or police standing or moving in close formation. I think it might have originated in Ancient Greece.

I think it's supposed to be based on a phalanx, a military formation defined as a body of heavily armored troops or police standing or moving in close formation. I think it might have originated in Ancient Greece.
Well yeah I know that. But how! There's six of them. Technically, every little dude should be a single pokemon. But all six of them are one pokemon. It makes no sense.

Well yeah I know that. But how! There's six of them. Technically, every little dude should be a single pokemon. But all six of them are one pokemon. It makes no sense.

Think of it like Zygarde, where the individual cells and cores aren't even really full-fledged Pokémon (they don't have types and they can't use moves), but they can become one by working together.

You could also think of them as a kind of colonial organism, although Stakataka is a more accurate example of that idea.

Exeggucute and Dugtrio would like a word with you.

Tbf we don't know that the three Dugtrio heads aren't attached to a single body

Last edited:
Exeggucute and Dugtrio would like a word with you.
Nop. I mean, Dugtrio is composed by three Digletts. But, all these three Digletts stay together. It seems that they're conected to each other. But, as I have said, Falinks is just a bunch of "beings" which unite themselves to fight. Each trooper is able to walk around without the others troopers. What happens if one trooper decide to leave the group? Do we need to beat all six to win? Are allowed troops with 3, 4 or 5 troopers? It's quite fair to bring up these questions when we talk about some pokemon like Falinks. Honestly I think it shouldn't be a pokemon, but a Mario Odissey's random villain. The concept is too off to me. But, it is just my own opinion. I know a lot of people that love it, and I respect them.

just gonna drop a list. I like a lot of the new pokemon....for now, I am just going to list my favorites of the new additions, instead of every single thing I like. I may or may not make a more complete list later. *shrug*

list is in no particular order, though I will say that galarian stunfisk is my favorite out of everything

corviknight
hatterene
galarian linoone
galarian stunfisk
falinks
alcremie
gigantamax alcremie
morpeko
barraskewda
galarian weezing
galarian corsola
cursola
impidimp
morgrem
gigantamax snorlax
gigantamax orbeetle
sandaconda
runerigus
gigantamax butterfree
galarian ponyta
polteageist
indeedee
frosmoth
dracovish
dragapult

I have to say, I'm a little surprised that out of all the new Pokemon released this gen, it is Drednaw who ended up my favorite.
drednaw.gif
drednaw-gigantamax.gif
You know, I've noticed that I tend to lump the generations into two groups based on design--ones that I like (3/4/5/7) and ones that I'm neutral on (1/2/6/8)--and for the neutral group, all of my favorite Pokemon from those respective generations except for gen 6 are not Dragon types. So I guess a somewhat accurate barometer for how good, neutral, or bad a generation's designs are in my personal opinion is the quality of their Dragon types. Gen 8 has some nice ones like Duraludon, Dreepy, and Eternatus, but overall the dragons of this gen were kinda underwhelming. None of them really struck me as being as stellar as Flygon, Garchomp, Hydreigon, Jangmo-o etc. and this gen introduced a few Dragon types that I actually dislike (up until this gen, M-Rayquaza was the only one that I genuinely didn't like). So underwhelming dragons = underwhelming designs overall.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom