• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh New Pokemon Species Discussion

What's your opinion on the new Galar Pokémon we've seen so far?

• I like most of them

Votes: 89 69.5%
  • I dislike most of them

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • I'm neutral on most of them

Votes: 28 21.9%

• Total voters

View: https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1223110503687319553

A brand new Mythical Pokemon will be revealed on February 27th and will be featured in the upcoming Pokemon Movie, Coco.

View: https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1226826470028464128

Update: This month's CoroCoro will feature a silhouette of the brand new mythical Pokemon that is set to be revealed on Pokemon Day.

___

Been a while since we have had a silhouette reveal like this. My mind automatically goes to the Gen 5 starter reveals, but I can't remember if there has been anything more recently.

Kind of hoping for a mythical with a sidequest to it again, since I never got to take part in any past events that had mythical pokemon in it.

Then again it'll probably just be 'go to gamestop, get a card with a code on it, put in code, get pokemon dropped into your hands' like the usual anymore.

Been a while since we have had a silhouette reveal like this. My mind automatically goes to the Gen 5 starter reveals, but I can't remember if there has been anything more recently.

Yes, those were the last ones. The silouettes were shown on Pokemon Sunday (a.k.a. in video form) and were revealed on Corocoro, this seems the other way around. Also, coincidentally this week 10 years ago Zoroark was revealed.

Know what I wish? I wish Rillaboom had some Rock moves. Do you have any idea how much havoc he'd reek if he did? No scared of Charizard, screw flying types in general, By ice types. Majority of his weaknesses would be covered.

Rock blast and rock slide would be good.

How would You compare Talonflame with Dragapult?
the bird has less weaknesses but status wise is much weaker especially on speed.

This generation is a Talonflame counter, taking steel elephant , Dragapult, our fighting squid and others...
Even Corviknight with Substitute isn't left in the corner against it with that defense and hp.
Many revenge killers with right stats to pull it of actually.

Last edited:
taking steel elephant
our fighting squid
Yeah, there's no better counter to a Fire/Flying type than a Steel-type weak to Fire and a Fighting type weak to Flying.

Why are you so focused on Talonflame, anyways? It's not even in the game, it loses 50% health to Stealth Rock, and it's in Underused since its Gen 7 nerf.

Partial silhouette of the new Mythical, from Corocoro:

mythical2020.jpg

Looks like a Cradily-esque weirdo, so it's probably right up my street.

mythical2020.jpg

Looks more like a leg ending in a set of talons/claws to me. Kinda looks like Hitmonlee’s leg and Fearow’s foot.

mythical2020.jpg

So was Piuk kind of right after all, but just got some details wrong (mistaking the anime plot for the game plot)? It looks like a weird snake to me.

So was Piuk kind of right after all, but just got some details wrong (mistaking the anime plot for the game plot)? It looks like a weird snake to me.

If by "some," you mean "literally everything except maybe an important snake Pokémon, and we don't even know that's what this is because as swiftgallade pointed out, it could be only half the silhouette."

If by "some," you mean "literally everything except maybe an important snake Pokémon, and we don't even know that's what this is because as swiftgallade pointed out, it could be only half the silhouette."
There's also the jungle boy Coco that matches up with what Piuk said. I remember that coming up after Coco got its first trailer up and running. I'm not sure who suggested this, but they said it might be possible that Piuk might have gotten mixed-up between the anime and the games proper and simply assumed they were all part of the same thing. In other words, Piuk might have been a legitimate translator that jumped to conclusions since most of the anime movies end up reflecting what's in/advertising the newest or upcoming games (up until that 20th anniversary title at least).

There's also the jungle boy Coco that matches up with what Piuk said. I remember that coming up after Coco got its first trailer up and running. I'm not sure who suggested this, but they said it might be possible that Piuk might have gotten mixed-up between the anime and the games proper and simply assumed they were all part of the same thing. In other words, Piuk might have been a legitimate translator that jumped to conclusions since most of the anime movies end up reflecting what's in/advertising the newest or upcoming games (up until that 20th anniversary title at least).

Piuk's "leaks" were very, very, very clearly talking about a game and purporting to have inside knowledge about the mechanics and gameplay.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom