• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh New Pokemon Species Discussion

What's your opinion on the new Galar Pokémon we've seen so far?

• I like most of them

Votes: 89 69.5%
  • I dislike most of them

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • I'm neutral on most of them

Votes: 28 21.9%

• Total voters
Seeing we have a Steampunky kinda setting, i think a Steel type Eeveelution would be nice. If we get 2, then i preferably want a Ground type as well, because Jolteon is unfairly the only Eeveelution to date without a weakness and Ground would give Steel also a weakness (And yes, i am not counting Sylveon yet, because it only exists for 2 generations).

Eeveelutions for sure. Seeing as how we got none in Alola, I'm assuming we'll get at least one here. As several have mentioned, machinery seems to be apparent throughout this region, so a Steel type would be appreciated. That along with a Dragon, Ghost or Flying type would be my ideal.

I'd also like if many Pokemon received evolutions like Gen IV did for several species.

I can't believe people are wishing for more Eeveelutions. What'd I'd rather see is.

Another physical-variant version of Eevee. Physical as in evolving into rock, ground, steel, and fighting type. And since Eevee is quad-pedal, then this 1 most likely bipedal.

And a Grass type tree that is equivalent to Slakoth/Vigoroth/Slaking line, (where the 1st and 3rd has Truant ability). Was hoping for another variation in future gens but hasn't happened yet.

New elements combinations.

Elementally speaking, I'd be completely happy to see Grass/Fire types, as well as Grass/Electric or Electric/Grass. Poison/Psychic too, and my #1 Ice/* type is Ice/Poison type, because, Ice has only 1 resistance and the only combination giving it the most resistances without a 4x weakness is Ice/Poison.

Evolutions.

-Would like Trevenant an evolution. Note that I generally don't wish for mega evolutions on 2-stage evolutions.
-More branched evolutions. Sudowoodo could evolve into a pure Rock type and also a Rock/Grass branched evolution.

Stat changes.

Does anyone think some pokemon need to have weaker stat changes? I'd vote Aerodactly speed from 130 to 110, namely because it doesn't make much sense than an Aerodactly is faster than an Alakazam. I'd also like to see all the Eeveelutions get a stat decrease, that is, their 130 stat down to 120.

Galar variants.

-Wouldn't surprise me if Bellsprout evolution became Grass/Fire heh. Or if gave Weepinbell a branched evolution as Gloom already has 1.

Locations.

-More sewer locations.
-And a forest where you can actually climb trees (like Fortree City).

Also when you look at all the previous games, they all tend to have a forest very early on in the game (as well as caves outnumber forests quite a bit) so I'd like to see a forest also pretty late in the game.

Last edited:
I can't believe people are wishing for more Eeveelutions. What'd I'd rather see is.

Another physical-variant version of Eevee. Physical as in evolving into rock, ground, steel, and fighting type. And since Eevee is quad-pedal, then this 1 most likely bipedal.

Wouldn't a Dragon type Eeveelution possible accomplish that though? Perhaps one that is like Falcor from The Never ending Story. All Eevees are quad, not sure how well received a bipedal one would be...

Game Freak did pretty well adopting Hawaiian culture for it's Pokemon species last gen, so I'm hoping they do the same in regards to British, Welsh, Scottish, and Celtic folklore. Regional Bear could be the Hobgoblin-like Bugbear, with a Fairy/Dark or Ghost/Fairy typing.

In medieval England, the Bugbear was depicted as a creepy bear that lurked in the woods to scare children.

Legit perfect for this region.

I hope we get a batch of similar quantity to Gen 6 and Gen 7. I'd be perfectly happy with something around 60-80 new mons. Though I really hope we finally get more cross-gen evolutions again.

Grasshopper for the early Bug in the countryside area, Waterfowl line for the regional bird and wetlands area.

Will have a think about some more.

I'd be happy with around 100 new Pokemon. Sinnoh numbers would be nice. (I think it was around 106 new Pokemon)

In terms of species I don't have a big preference. I just hope we get Pokemon based on new species. When a new Pokemon appears that I fall in love with it's usually a "didn't know I wanted it" kind of thing.

It probably wouldn't suit a UK region but a Pokemon based on a stick insect would be cool.

New Pokémon
I think it would be cool if we see saw Ghost types based on the Black Shuck or Cu Sith. It would be a cool twist on the regional dog.

A Fairy/Fighting type Ogre would be cool, along with a Fairy/Dark type based on the colt pixie, which was a sprite known to lead travelers and livestock astray.

And give me my dolphin dammit!

New Type Combos
Fire/Ice and Fire/Grass are at the top of my list along with the long awaited Bug/Dragon type.

Regional variants
A water/Ghost Mudsdale or Rapidash based on a Selkie would be cool.

Wouldn't a Dragon type Eeveelution possible accomplish that though?
Accomplish what, exactly?

Maybe you you didn't understand post. I said physical vs. special. Fire, water, grasss elements are all special, so I used physical examples as rock, steel, etc.

So this pokemon would be like Tyrogue.

Do you just reply for the sake of posting?

Perhaps one that is like Falcor from The Never ending Story. All Eevees are quad, not sure how well received a bipedal one would be...

Game Freak did pretty well adopting Hawaiian culture for it's Pokemon species last gen, so I'm hoping they do the same in regards to British, Welsh, Scottish, and Celtic folklore. Regional Bear could be the Hobgoblin-like Bugbear, with a Fairy/Dark or Ghost/Fairy typing.

Accomplish what, exactly?

Maybe you you didn't understand post. I said physical vs. special. Fire, water, grasss elements are all special, so I used physical examples as rock, steel, etc.

So this pokemon would be like Tyrogue.

Do you just reply for the sake of posting?

Lets dial down the sarcasm. I meant Dragon is usually considered a physically based typing, so I could see a physically oriented Dragon Eeveelution.

I didn't understand your post as "redoing" Eevee, which I don't think Gamefreak would ever do especially after Let's Go put it on similar footing with Pikachu.

Dusk form lycanroc kinda fills this roll, but I really want a werewolf pokemon this generation.

I agree with a steel type eeveelution being potentially likely, given we're in an even numbered gen and have an industrial setting.

Oh man, I hope they draw a lot from folklore for pokemon in this region. I think judging from that nazca-line esque part in the trailer, I think we'll get some kind of giant pokemon?

An actual kelpie could work, since Keldeo is only a water horse.
That poison/dragon that we got in gen 6 should get this regional form. Hmm maybe Mealtang will be 3 stage line? 2 different evos for each gen? This games scream Aegislsh in both early on. I think that this generation will give us more. Especially with new ice types.

Lets dial down the sarcasm. I meant Dragon is usually considered a physically based typing, so I could see a physically oriented Dragon Eeveelution.

I didn't understand your post as "redoing" Eevee, which I don't think Gamefreak would ever do especially after Let's Go put it on similar footing with Pikachu.
Dragon is actually a special type. It's the only special type left to have not receive an Eeveelution yet.

Dragon is actually a special type. It's the only special type left to have not receive an Eeveelution yet.

I know, I just meant that a good majority of them focus on physical attack or are physical sweepers. A dragon Eeveelution could be different and be more akin to Hydreigon (more special based) or mixed.

I know, I just meant that a good majority of them focus on physical attack or are physical sweepers. A dragon Eeveelution could be different and be more akin to Hydreigon (more special based) or mixed.
Ah, I see. That makes sense.
I don't care if we do get an Eeveelution or not. But if we do, I hope for Bug.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom