• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh New Pokemon Species Discussion

What's your opinion on the new Galar Pokémon we've seen so far?

• I like most of them

Votes: 89 69.5%
  • I dislike most of them

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • I'm neutral on most of them

Votes: 28 21.9%

• Total voters
I think that would be too much of a switch... and detracts from the whole Schrodinger concept.
Ok... But every turn predictable or via move?

Seeing Weezings new ability makes me hopes for realy good new pokemon and abilities this generation.

Ok... But every turn predictable or via move?
Hmm... I don't think it should be predictable or able to be controlled via move. Since the whole thing about Schrodinger's cat is that you don't know whether the cat in the box is dead or alive, I think the most faithful way to represent that would be for its ability to give it a random chance of changing its type between Normal and Ghost each turn.

Actually, the most faithful way would be if it had a random chance of changing its type every time it attacks or the opponent attacks it, that way you never know if you're going to get STAB and your opponent never knows if their attack would be super effective against it. But I suspect that they would sooner opt for the simpler "randomly switches each turn" route.

Damn I want a Schrodinger's cat pokemon now, it would be pretty wild to use one.

You know what else would be cool? A moth Pokémon that has a knitting aesthetic. It’s torso and head could look fuzzy, and the wings could look like they were knitted, and have different patterns on them. As for its typing...maybe Fairy/Bug? Normal/Bug?

You know what else would be cool? A moth Pokémon that has a knitting aesthetic. It’s torso and head could look fuzzy, and the wings could look like they were knitted, and have different patterns on them. As for its typing...maybe Fairy/Bug? Normal/Bug?
This makes me think of the poodle moth, which is something I want to see as a Pokémon.

This makes me think of the poodle moth, which is something I want to see as a Pokémon.

A poodle moth Pokémon would be cute as hell! Those little things make my heart melt because of their cuteness. (Although, I would be terrified if one landed on my hand or arm.)

You know what would be kind of funny is if we got a poodle moth and you could give it different trims like a Furfrou. Sure, it would be stealing Furfrou's gimmick but... that wouldn't be the worst thing, and would give more purpose and incentive to having to include somewhere to trim Furfrou every game (or at least every game that it appears in if they never bring back the National Dex).

You know what would be kind of funny is if we got a poodle moth and you could give it different trims like a Furfrou. Sure, it would be stealing Furfrou's gimmick but... that wouldn't be the worst thing, and would give more purpose and incentive to having to include somewhere to trim Furfrou every game (or at least every game that it appears in if they never bring back the National Dex).

“Yeah can you give my dog a pretty looking trim?”

“Ma’am, this is obviously a moth, not a dog-“

Give my dog a trim now or else I’ll Dynamax it inside of here and destroy the whole salon.”

I wouldn't mind another Pokemon sharing Furfrou's gimmick because I'm not a fan of gimmicks that only affect a handful of Pokemon (cough Icy Rock cough). Expanding on the trimming gimmick could have a lot of potential.

I wouldn't mind another Pokemon sharing Furfrou's gimmick because I'm not a fan of gimmicks that only affect a handful of Pokemon (cough Icy Rock cough). Expanding on the trimming gimmick could have a lot of potential.
Yeeeah... I don't love when they have to find a location for something that only affects like one pokemon. It's a waste.

Honestly, Furfrou's whole gimmick is kind of a waste of time to begin with. Trimming should have had more purpose than just an aesthetic change in the first place- give it a small boost in one stat or something. Instead it's just a fun dress up feature that only lasts five days or is cancelled when it touches a PC. Might as well extend it to another pokemon so we can have a bit more fun making pokemon uselessly pretty, give it some more purpose when it has little to begin with.

Yeeeah... I don't love when they have to find a location for something that only affects like one pokemon. It's a waste.

Honestly, Furfrou's whole gimmick is kind of a waste of time to begin with. Trimming should have had more purpose than just an aesthetic change in the first place- give it a small boost in one stat or something. Instead it's just a fun dress up feature that only lasts five days or is cancelled when it touches a PC. Might as well extend it to another pokemon so we can have a bit more fun making pokemon uselessly pretty, give it some more purpose when it has little to begin with.
Or at least let it be permanent! Cosplay Pikachu can wear her clothes forever without washing them but Furfrou had to be realistic for some reason?

Or at least let it be permanent! Cosplay Pikachu can wear her clothes forever without washing them but Furfrou had to be realistic for some reason?
XD Yeeeeah... permanent or last longer, at the very least. Five days is such a ridiculously short amount of time.

So what's taking Impidimp so long? Dunno why so silent on him. Anyway, I hop he does evolve into a gargoyle of sorts. Or maybe some demonic figure.
Still placing my bets on that they're waiting until they reveal the cooking feature so they can reveal Impidimp at the same time.

Why would they reveal him then?
Because the man on the left of this banner appears to be holding a ladle-

If I'm right, then I suspect a connection between the cooking feature and Impidimp's reveal.

If not, then it will probably have something to do with that business anyway.

Why would they reveal him then?

Uniq typing and new ability? Dark/fairy immune to psychic and dragon types? With wings... Flying type moves. Looks purple like poison.
Hmm they either made him the 3 stage of this region and it has probably G-max form... If its associated with cooking then fire moves, Will-o-wisp. I think it will be a very fan favorite like Gengar line thats why they keep it hidden even too much lately. If it has Prankster imagine. Toxic and will-o-wisp. Maybe they have created a monster? On the other side weak to fairy, steel and poison.

It rather don't looks like a one stage like Sable? Maybe it will be used in a gym battle thats why? Probably next Coro coro and tournament will fix that when they notice that fans noticed it? Did we get it's stats or ability in the demo?

I would like to see a quadruped crocrodile/alligator. It's strange that only Sandile is quadruped. And, since Donphan does resemble a mastodont, and Mamoswine is awful (personal opinion), I would love to see a true elephant or mammoth based Pokémon.

I would like to see a quadruped crocrodile/alligator. It's strange that only Sandile is quadruped. And, since Donphan does resemble a mastodont, and Mamoswine is awful (personal opinion), I would love to see a true elephant or mammoth based Pokémon.

Well, in the trailer that introduced Chairman Rose and the whole League thing, a teapot elephant creature comes from the Pokéball Rose tosses. Of course, since it’s in frame for so short an amount of time it’s kinda hard to see it clearly, but it does look like a teapot elephant because of its body shape, feet, and apparent trunk.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom