• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh New Pokemon Species Discussion

What's your opinion on the new Galar Pokémon we've seen so far?

• I like most of them

Votes: 89 69.5%
  • I dislike most of them

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • I'm neutral on most of them

Votes: 28 21.9%

• Total voters
Wonders me if we will get a dark/ice pinguin with queenly majesty this gen. Also a new rock/ghost 2 legged cat bastet with quenly majesty... Is there a posibility for egipt or aztec motivated pokemon like in Kalos?Seeing that Lucario and talonflame are a thing maybe they are planing new abilitied and pokemon to counter old moves and strategies. Sweapers(sword) and stallers(shield). Mimikyu Disquise and shedinja wonderguard , zoroark illusion would fit shield perfectly. Theoreyically we could get more of that. I still hope for my dragon/ghost skeleton dragon immune to special attacks and a dark/psychic beast immune to physical moves. Both would fit this motive perfectly. Making bug/psychic or bug/ice with abilities to block oponents from using their stab moves or immune to SE would be superv. A ice/ghost snowman hope that will hapen. And hope for more sound moves especially ice type sound will-o-wisp.

Last edited:
We could do with less fairies and dark too. Fairies were quite prominent due to the Tapu, and Dark due to Alolan forms.

As of Generation VII, there are 50 Fairy-type Pokémon or 6.2% of all Pokémon (counting those that are Fairy-type in at least one of their forms, including Mega Evolutions and Alola Forms), making it the third rarest type, tying with Dragon, only behind Ice and Ghost.
As of Generation VII, there are 54 Dark-type Pokémon or 6.7% of all Pokémon (counting those that are Dark-type in at least one of their forms, including Mega Evolutions and Alola Forms), making it the 6th rarest type.

I disagree-while the Tapus and several Alolan forms were prominent in Alola, that's because we were in Alola. Looking at the 700+ Pokemon as a whole, Fairy and Dark are some the rarest types. Thus I would like to see more representation for them.

I disagree-while the Tapus and several Alolan forms were prominent in Alola, that's because we were in Alola. Looking at the 700+ Pokemon as a whole, Fairy and Dark are some the rarest types. Thus I would like to see more representation for them.

I guess they appeared plentiful because there was an entire legendary group with the fairy type, and Dark was concentrated among regional variants.
I’d be fine if there were regular fairy and dark Pokémon scattered in the Pokedex.

But Dark's problem is not as severe as fairy since it’s abundance is higher than almost 1/3 of all Pokémon types. For instance, it has literally one Pokémon less than the steel type.
We could also do with more Ghost (and electric) types.

I guess they appeared plentiful because there was an entire legendary group with the fairy type, and Dark was concentrated among regional variants.
I’d be fine if there were regular fairy and dark Pokémon scattered in the Pokedex.

But Dark's problem is not as severe as fairy since it’s abundance is higher than almost 1/3 of all Pokémon types. For instance, it has literally one Pokémon less than the steel type.
We could also do with more Ghost (and electric) types.
This region should give us a good amount of ghost types since the UK has a plethora of ghost stories.

Well, it's probably already been said, but there are a few inevitable Mons out there that will appear.

Regional Bird
Regional Normal/Rodent
Regional Bug
Early Route Dark (possibly)
Regional Rock
Regional Cat

Hopefully the regional bird will be useful with a typing that ISN'T Normal/Flying for once (or will at least evolve from one like Fletchling). I also hope there won't be any new trade evos out there, at least outside of the usual offenders like Abra and Machop, as trading might be a bit more limited this time around (though I don't really know, as my knowledge of the Switch's online capabilities are limited at best).

As for new species, I'm hoping for a cheetah, a saber-tooth tiger (could be a regional fossil), a chimera, a wolf (maybe the infamous ice wolf rumor back from XY), a velociraptor (again, possibly a regional fossil), and a winged serpent. Would be nice if at least some of these ideas get used.

Stegosaurus(rock/grass), ankylosaurus(rock/dragon) , spinosaurus(rock/water), velociraptor and that parasaurolophus(fairy/rock sound user) I think this gen could introduce more of the fossils clearly + old oned too. A steel/fairy sound oriented harf and a normal/ghost schrodinger cat and ghost/fairy book would be cool. New grass, ice, water and steel dragons are needed. Fire/dragon with levitate would be cool maybe. regional forms of you know what I mean from gen 5? New ice/grass, Ice/dragon and ice/ghost and ice/fire need to hapen this time.

Last edited:
Maybe the regional bird should be a Water/Flying Osprey. And if they really want to get creative, maybe we can have a griffin Pokémon in which the males are Normal/Ground and females are Normal/Flying since in British heraldry, only female griffins have wings.

A Water/Flying osprey for regional bird would be really cool tbh.

I'm hoping for something less raptor-ish, though. Toucannon was a nice change in that regard. I'm leaning towards wanting a crane or heron, and there's a lot of type combinations that could fit, too.

I've been hoping for a grass type sloth starter, and it keeps not happening, so maybe they'll make a new sloth Pokémon as a regular Pokémon this gen. That'd be better actually, since it could be in future dexes. I've just never been satisfied with the Slakoth line because it becomes a huge gorilla thing and is no longer a sloth. Fingers crossed!

I've been hoping for a grass type sloth starter, and it keeps not happening, so maybe they'll make a new sloth Pokémon as a regular Pokémon this gen. That'd be better actually, since it could be in future dexes. I've just never been satisfied with the Slakoth line because it becomes a huge gorilla thing and is no longer a sloth. Fingers crossed!

Speaking of sloths, a fossil based on the Megatherium would be awesome!

If Galar truly was Kalos' rival in the war like it's theorized, I think it would be really cool to see branched evolutions for Kalos mons. But like, complete opposite ones. A plague-inspired fairy/poison Aromatisse, a rotten zombie-like fairy/ghost Slurpuff, a dragon/grass kelpie-like Dragalgae, a Water/fire physical Clawitzed, etc. Although they'd be more powerful than their Kalosian counterparts this way, so they'd have to balance the type combos.

im hoping to see a ridiculously fluffy pompom (dog)
it would also be nice to see a shamrock pokemon. perhaps its evolution could have a connection to leprechauns or a rainbow.
I want to see at least two fossil pokemon this time around. Was disappointed we didn't get any last time. they are always interesting to me.
hoping for a capybara pokemon since Masuda posted so much about that animal on his twitter (whether it was a hint or not) I could see it being water/ground and live in the middle of the map area where they are lots of watery areas. bogs? swamps?

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom