• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh New Pokemon Species Discussion

What's your opinion on the new Galar Pokémon we've seen so far?

• I like most of them

Votes: 89 69.5%
  • I dislike most of them

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • I'm neutral on most of them

Votes: 28 21.9%

• Total voters
After I learned that there was a myth that fairies ride corgis, I was thinking there could be a Fairy-type corgi Pokémon, but there's already a fairy dog evolutionary line, so...

I vaguely remember a myth about waves turning into horses or something.

I was thinking about what fossil Pokémon there could be in Galar. I've seen people say there should be an Iguanodon Pokémon (it was one of the first three dinosaurs to be named, by a British man), and I agree. Maybe it could start off looking like the 1840s depiction, a reptilian rhinocerous, and then evolve into the modern depiction.

As for other prehistoric British animals, I was just looking at a book about dinosaurs, and learned that ichythosaur fossils are common in Europe, and they were known before dinosaurs.

I don't think so. It was something about seafoam, and the horses were white? I read it on a website about mythology that over-focused on the UK once, years ago.

I think this gen we will get some horror and scary looking faries after so many nice ones since gen 6, 7 and the others.
Only Granbull was frightening looking, weird they didn't make it fairy/fighting but at least it got something out of it.

Hmmm interesting what other fable and mythological creatures they will handle this time around.
Interesting if alolan forms or kanto forms will appear in Galat or both of them in different part of regions?
Have a fealing also that the new pokemon species will be based to counter some pokemon from previous games...

Remember Noivern? I now noticed how Mr. Mime with Sound-proof and beeing a psychic/fairy pokemon is a perfect counter for dragon move and boomburst. Maybe accident when retyping but you never know how the creator think.

How about this generation focus on introducing mythical creatures that haven't been made into Pokemon yet? Come on, you know a griffon Pokemon would be cool to have, or how about a minotaur Pokemon? Now that I think about, if we could fuse Braviary and Pyroar together, then we could technically get a griffon Pokemon. Or maybe we can get a centaur legendary.

We still need some dinos. Stegosaurus, spinosaurus, velociraptor, ankylosaurus, the one with poison claws, and the one with long head that make sounds and looks like a duck. Also would want to get ghost pokemon: demonic book and Hand like in Adams family, they could be ghost/dark ghost/fairy or ghost/normal. A steel/fairy or stell ghost harp sound oriented. A flying/steel female owl with dazzling like that of greek goddes Athena.

I'd like to see a bug/psychic type based on the luna moth or comet moth. I know we have a lot of moths already but I like them. I'd like to see a poison/psychic type too sometime but I'm not sure what it'd be based on. Maybe some psychoactive plant or fungus or something like that?

Poison/psychic imagine a jynx galar form. With green hair and witch hat. Would make her get the electric levitating move and retain water absorb actually or even create toxic absorb.

We need more snakes. I’m thinking a constrictor like a Python or Anaconda.

Bug/fighting grass hoper with Bounce, good speed and gale wings or other good ability and Im in.

Not sure if anyone already mentioned it, but some kind of Ghost/Steel type empty knight armor Pokémon would be cool. A Dullahan would be cool too (and it's Irish, if I'm not mistaken).

I had designed a fakemon on the concept, only that it either gained a technological aspect as it evolved using Up-Grade or a corrupted aspect if Dubious Disc was used.

Really? Did you draw them?

I made them when I had first managed to get an art app which I could use easily (SketchBook Pro). I designed the tech-based first stage, and the Dubious Disc Evolution, which has stance change and thus offensive and defensive forms. There were a fee finishing touches remaining though:
Base Stage:

Holds Dubious Disc: (Left: Defence Form, Right: Offence Form)
I'd have incorporated more armour, but younger me wasn’t really good at drawing it. In the defensive form, the circuit board increases in size to form a shield protecting from hits, whereas, the offence form can wield weapons like swords and such using its telekinetic powers, as well as lasers. Whenever it is angry the lines on its body glow as shown in the offence form.

Type: Steel/Ghost or Steel/Dark (not sure on that)
Names: KnightArm > (Dubious Disc) Nite-Error

Nite-Error name origin: Knight + System Error.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom