• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh New Pokemon Species Discussion

What's your opinion on the new Galar Pokémon we've seen so far?

• I like most of them

Votes: 89 69.5%
  • I dislike most of them

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • I'm neutral on most of them

Votes: 28 21.9%

• Total voters
Fire/Fairy
Dark/Fairy
Dark/Electric
Electric/Fighting
Electric/Poison
Poison/Ice
Ice/Fire
Fire/Grass
Normal/Ghost

Any of this type combination would be fantastic

My wish is still for that Narwhal that I never got in the Alola games, why would you not want this around that icy/water part of the map; "The narwhal is the unicorn of the sea, a pale-colored porpoise found in Arctic coastal waters and rivers. Narhwal Tusks. These legendary animals have two teeth. In males, the more prominent tooth grows into a swordlike, spiral tusk up to 8.8 feet long. The ivory tusk tooth grows right through the narwhal's upper lip. " <3

The electric dog logo in the stadium gym thing, could be a Greyhound that is the Regional Dog pokemon. They are from Britain could be an electric type.

I hope the pseudolegendary this time isn't dragon.

as we are kinda fed up with fire/fighting, i'm kinda getting tired of the repetitive pseudo legendary dragons.

Tyranitar and Metagross need more friends.

as we are kinda fed up with fire/fighting, i'm kinda getting tired of the repetitive pseudo legendary dragons.

Given Britain's history and lore with dragons, it may not be likely. However, they could always go the Hoenn route: 2 new pseudo-legendary lines. One can be a Dragon line (as Britain is big on dragons) while the other can be something else, like a Steel, Fighting, or Psychic line. That way both sides can have something they want.

Agreed! The dragon type psuedo legendary is getting pretty old, so I would really love to see a change in this generation. In fact, to make it better, I would love to see a Psuedo legend having an ice or fairy typing, to counter the many dragon psuedos. That being said, I think I would be okay if we saw one this generation, if they had a second psuedo legendary line that did not have a dragon typing (like how Gen 3 had Salamance and Metagross).
__

Seeing as part of the region may be based off of Scotland (the southernmost part of the region where you start your journey), I would really love to see a Legendary in the region being a Unicorn, seeing as the Unicorn is heavily tied to Scotland. It doesn't have to be one of the box legends, and I actually think it would be really neat if it was a random legendary, or maybe a part of a legendary trio.

i think it would be really cool to actually see this legendary in the beginning area. On the map of Galar in the early area there is a big lake by the purple house on the outskirts in that early area, and there's a small island on the middle of the lake. Maybe you can actually see the legendary Pokemon in an early part of the game. It's just an idea though.

What I would like to see:
a Steel/Ghost horse made of gears and spare metal parts.
A shamrock pokemon perhaps with a connection to leprechauns and or the rainbow.
capybara pokemon since Masuda tweeted so much about that animal. It could live in the middle part of the map where all the bogs/wetlands seem to be. water/ground typing since they like to lay in both water and mud.
I think a inanimate object pokemon based somehow on a celtic knot would be pretty cool. maybe have a psychic typing to it.
A New unicorn pokemon would be welcomed for sure.

--> I want fossil pokemon for sure this time around. Those are always interesting to me and it sucked we had none last gen.

Teapot elephant?

Yeah, a combination of the two. The spout of the teapot would be the elephant's trunk, etc. Teapots often have decoration on them, and painting elephants is a thing that happens in some countries iirc, so they might even be able to work that into it somehow.

Yeah, a combination of the two. The spout of the teapot would be the elephant's trunk, etc. Teapots often have decoration on them, and painting elephants is a thing that happens in some countries iirc, so they might even be able to work that into it somehow.
Sounds interesting. I can see how a Teapot resembles an elephant.

I don't know what I want it to be, but can the Pikaclone of Galar please be something on the slimmer side this time around? After round boi Dedenne I was hoping for something closer to Plusle and Minun in body type for Alola, but Togedemaru was just a rounder Dedenne. :ROFLMAO:I love Togedemaru and it's super cute, but I really hope the Pikaclone this time around is something taller and slimmer. Maybe a rabbit or a hare or something. Kinda doubt it since we're also getting Scorbunny as a starter, but it's still possible.

Maybe the regional dog could be a Dalmatian and can be the ace of a gym leader that looks like Cruella De Vil.
normal/steel. And evo dark/steel? Im in if houndoom and our gen 2 fully evolved normal/fairy are also in.

I don't know what I want it to be, but can the Pikaclone of Galar please be something on the slimmer side this time around? After round boi Dedenne I was hoping for something closer to Plusle and Minun in body type for Alola, but Togedemaru was just a rounder Dedenne. :ROFLMAO:I love Togedemaru and it's super cute, but I really hope the Pikaclone this time around is something taller and slimmer. Maybe a rabbit or a hare or something. Kinda doubt it since we're also getting Scorbunny as a starter, but it's still possible.
What about a european wild hamster? They could do something with its pocket cheecks

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom