• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh New Pokemon Species Discussion

What's your opinion on the new Galar Pokémon we've seen so far?

• I like most of them

Votes: 89 69.5%
  • I dislike most of them

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • I'm neutral on most of them

Votes: 28 21.9%

• Total voters
I made them when I had first managed to get an art app which I could use easily (SketchBook Pro). I designed the tech-based first stage, and the Dubious Disc Evolution, which has stance change and thus offensive and defensive forms. There were a fee finishing touches remaining though:
Base Stage:
View attachment 118693

Holds Dubious Disc: (Left: Defence Form, Right: Offence Form)
View attachment 118694
I'd have incorporated more armour, but younger me wasn’t really good at drawing it. In the defensive form, the circuit board increases in size to form a shield protecting from hits, whereas, the offence form can wield weapons like swords and such using its telekinetic powers, as well as lasers. Whenever it is angry the lines on its body glow as shown in the offence form.

Type: Steel/Ghost or Steel/Dark (not sure on that)
Names: KnightArm > (Dubious Disc) Nite-Error

Nite-Error name origin: Knight + System Error.

Wow, that's pretty cool and creative.

I'd like to see:

A demon of some sort, obvioulsy dark type. It could be just generically edgy, ugly with a bulldog-like cute charm, or just tricksy and mischevious. a multiple stage evolution starting as an imp that is fast but weak and turning into an offensive-heavy conventional demon as it evolves. It could be named after an Orc (that is the old english word for demon)

A wraith, a bit like a nazgul but unarmed. Ghost-Dark, single or double-stage, has a unique ability that applies a potential fliching effect to all its moves.

A corgi, as the regional equivalent of Herdier.

a sheep of some type. no idea on abilities. It could be the region's counterpart to Gogoat.

for the pseudo legendary, a dragon-dark type based off of Y Ddraig Goch (dark because the dragon is supposed to represent satan). It would be a counterpart to hydregion as it's less violent and more of a schemer, that would have enhanced defensive stats and speed, and maybe an ability that causes damage not inflicted by a conventional attack move (like status effects, spikes, stealth rock) to increase.

Phantom knights, not necessarily steel or ghost type. I personally believe that most of the legendaries (at least the main trio) will be composed of pokemon of this archetype, forming a round table of sorts. Barring that, they're doubtless to show up in some form, even if they're not the legendaries.

Elves/Fairies, as in their folkloric inspirations: inhumanly beautiful and graceful, but utterly alien in behavior. We could have an angel/pixie-like three-stage evolution chain, a drow-like dark elf as a branch from said chain (like Gallade is to Gardevoir), or even something based off a dullahan or some other creature.

Some kind of deer or stag. Bonus points if its name includes "hart" (another word for stag)

Puffins. Maybe they'll be the regional bird as a counterpart to flechling, turning ice type as they evolve like fletchling's evolutions gain the fire type.

salamanders, maybe of the six-legged flaming variety.

There are surely a lot of possibilities nintendo might use that none of us could ever think of. Also, how likely do you think any of these are to happen?

Oh, Yes, Swans!

Maybe at a party you could swear on them (or on swanna) like that scene from Outlaw King

Okay, so one of the recent rumors mentioned a blue jay Pokemon as the regional bird. Idc if it's the regional bird, but I now need a blue jay Pokemon in my life. I wouldn't even mind if it ends up being the same old normal/flying type, I just need it so badly. I think it would be cool if it had an Ice/Flying or an Electric/Flying type.

And yes, a million times agreed, we do not need another dragon type pseudo. I think I would be okay with it if there was another pseudo to go with it that wasn't a dragon type.

You know, with Dragon being overused for that, I think anything else would be revolutionary. The only non-Dragon and non-Dragon based pseudo legendary is Metagross, and it's kinda unfair.

I was hoping they’d divert a bit from the 'Mythical types' like dragon and fairy (maybe Psychic too) for this Pseudo. Or maybe have two of them like Hoenn.

A unique type combo would be good this time around for the pseudo. Perhaps Normal/Ghost as that is somewhat of a contradiction as a typing. It's only weak to Dark, so maybe some kind of British lore could tie into that. Ghost is also a "mythical" type that isn't really that overused like the others are.

I kinda hope that they go the Hoenn route with the pseudo Mon, giving us two instead of one, where one can be a dragon (since Britain is big on dragons) and the other can be something else. That way everyone can get what they want from it. Maybe they could do a Ghost/Dark pseudo for a change, as we only have two Mons with that typing: Sableye and Spirtomb. Both got nerfed to the ground thanks to Fairy, though Sableye did rebound a bit due to Mega Evolution, so maybe we can have another Mon (this time an entire line) with that typing that would allow it to rebound back to its more powerful status. Maybe it could be something like a dullahan/reaper, or some animal like a liger, fox, or even a Cerberus. I'd find that pretty cool, and it's not like we haven't had Mons with multiple heads before, and it's also not like Pokemon hasn't dabbled a bit in hellish creatures before (Houndoom is a pretty good example, especially its Mega), so I could see it work. Just throwing in my two cents.

Both got nerfed to the ground thanks to Fairy, though Sableye did rebound a bit due to Mega Evolution, so maybe we can have another Mon (this time an entire line) with that typing that would allow it to rebound back to its more powerful status.

I wouldn’t call having a single weakness "being nerfed to the ground"...

I wouldn’t call having a single weakness "being nerfed to the ground"...

Oh, I would, especially since it made both Sableye and Spiritomb get demoted badly. Again, Sableye rebounded a bit thanks to gaining a Mega, but not quite back in their original tier as before (and I'm not talking about the whole "wondertomb/wondereye" bit). Spiritomb in particular never really recovered from Fairy's introduction, which is a shame considering what it was capable of beforehand. While both only gained a single weakness, it was still enough to hammer them down a few pegs.

Oh, I would, especially since it made both Sableye and Spiritomb get demoted badly. Again, Sableye rebounded a bit thanks to gaining a Mega, but not quite back in their original tier as before (and I'm not talking about the whole "wondertomb/wondereye" bit). Spiritomb in particular never really recovered from Fairy's introduction, which is a shame considering what it was capable of beforehand. While both only gained a single weakness, it was still enough to hammer them down a few pegs.
I checked Spiritomb’s Smogon analysis, and it was already RU there, and the description doesn’t make it out to be as competitively viable as you’re making it out to be. It maintained its ranking in XY, and only dropped one tier in SM thanks to the influx of the Tapus and other fairies.

I’ve read all the entries and it seems as if they both were not that powerful in the first place.

And I’m not even sure how do I feel about a Pokemon with pseudo stats that only has a single weakness...

I think the correct way to do a dark/Ghost would be to have it offence and speed focused, since both Sableye and Spiritomb were on the slower side.
I’d like to see a regular Dark/Ghost with high offensive stats in vein of something like Salazzle.

Maybe they can spice up the whole fossil Mon thing by giving us a three-stage fossil Mon. With the exception of Aerodactyl, every fossil has been a two-stage evo. Maybe they can add a little twist to it this time and give us some three-stage evo fossils instead of the cut-and-paste two-stage that they've been doing since Gen 1. Though, I do admit it might sprinkle in some extra irony points in regards to the fossil Mon's extinction lore, but, hey, it would be a nice change of pace, especially since Gen 7 lacked a new fossil (given the region's origin, it's reasonably realistic). Just throwing this idea out for anyone who cares.

So they revealed a few today, and my first impression is ... Corviknight is likely the evolved form of the new early-route regional bird, perhaps a two-stage evolutionary line.

So they revealed a few today, and my first impression is ... Corviknight is likely the evolved form of the new early-route regional bird, perhaps a two-stage evolutionary line.
As I said in the other thread, its typing of Flying/Steel would suggest that he ist not related to the regional bird. But I may be wrong.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom