• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh New Pokemon Species Discussion

What's your opinion on the new Galar Pokémon we've seen so far?

• I like most of them

Votes: 89 69.5%
  • I dislike most of them

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • I'm neutral on most of them

Votes: 28 21.9%

• Total voters
Are you talking about the one that confirmed the noibat line
Something other. Looked weird.
___
Taking that we have Dynanax a mechanic with time limit. Maybe we will get a time manipulating pokemon , maybe a walking clock? with new ability and moves to reduce/buff turns that one turn will count as 3 or making Dynamax last one turn or make it last 5 turns instead of 3? The moves could be used also by Celebi and Dialkia and other time based pokes... Ghosts, psychic, faries... Imagine weather/ terrains lasting longer or dissapearing faster, damage from status ailments doing faster greater damage. Could be interesting.

_
Eldegos will learn Cotton Guard and Cotton Spore but will we be able to get new Cotton based moves? maybe even damage inflicting ones?
Cotton Cannon? Cotton Bomb?
a defense oriented Cotton Shield though about it, it's ability and those other Cotton moves thats why I think it should learn Spiky Shield.
Jumpluff is the most similar line I know to it right now.
All Spore and Powder moves should be possile for such a pokemon.
___
Will we get a ghost/grass line thats special defense and special attack oriented and maybe a fast grass/ghost pokemon in future?

Last edited:
(I think this would go here, since it's related to one of the new Pokemon that has been already revealed)

So I was thinking about some possible evolutions and pre-evolutions for the Pokemon we have had revealed to us so far, and I wonder what we will see Yamper turn into.

For those who do not know (and I put it in spoilers for those who don't want to), along the wall in one of the gyms in the first trailer, we got a very short glimpse f a Pokemon resembling a dog.

Then, with footage from the demo of Sword and Shield, a new corgi Pokemon named Yamper was revealed to us. Both the image and Yamper share a lightning bolt for a tale, but this dog doesn't look much like Yamper besides that. This is likely an evolution of the new Corgi Pokemon.

Suddenly, I got to thinking, what if Yamper had two evolutions? Very few dog Pokemon have two evolutions, Lillipup and it's line being the only ones I can think of off the top of my head. And we have a decent amount of dog Pokemon too so it's rather strange that this has only happened once. It would also probably help it stand out a little more from Elektrike, an electric canine Pokemon that was introduced in Hoenn, and has already been revealed to be in Pokemon SWord and Shield. Electrike has to stand out somewhere, besides being super adorable. I think an additional evolution would be a great way to do it. If it has a middle evolution, I can see being kind of like the awkward teenager phase, like the ones the starters get. And if the one that has been seen in the gyms was the middle evolution, I wonder what it's final would look like?

I am super excited to get some new Pokemon news, and new Pokemon, and I hope we see some answers about more evolutions soon.

are the Wooloo we have seen till now male or female?
You know what I think of?
if the one we saw till now were females?
Could there be a male Wooloo with different ability and stats distribution?

I know Cacturne is designated as the "Scarecrow Pokemon" already, but I hope we'll get a proper scarecrow Pokemon in Galar. Grass/Ghost or Grass/Fairy might be most fitting, depending on the angle. With either a move or an ability to mess with Flying types. I think a signature move might be better, cause you can't really skip Intimidate on a scarecrow.

are the Wooloo we have seen till now male or female?
You know what I think of?
if the one we saw till now were females?
Could there be a male Wooloo with different ability and stats distribution?
Gender differences left as soon as they came, and both versions of Meowstic were revealed at the same time, so I doubt it.

I know Cacturne is designated as the "Scarecrow Pokemon" already, but I hope we'll get a proper scarecrow Pokemon in Galar. Grass/Ghost or Grass/Fairy might be most fitting, depending on the angle. With either a move or an ability to mess with Flying types. I think a signature move might be better, cause you can't really skip Intimidate on a scarecrow.
I can totally see this happening, with all the wheat (?) fields the region has!

maybe it will be creepy and cute.

I can totally see this happening, with all the wheat (?) fields the region has!

Move? Right ability to block flying type moves. Or move and right speed or priority to disable all flying type moves for some amount of turns.

-sliiiides in-

After seeing fan evos for Wooloo, I need a wolf in sheep's clothing pokemon to go with Wooloo.

Also rooting for a kelpie or hippocampus. Or a shetland pony? More horses in general.

And I will accept more dogs besides Yamper. The more, the merrier!

Oh and make Missingno an official pokemon now please and thank you.

What about fairy/bug catelpilar, flying/fairy and fairy/dragon? Seriously feel that ice, water, steel, ghost, bug should be paired with dragon this gen. Would make 6 dragon pokemon although but also 6 of other types. Last gen, Alola we got fire/dragon, grass/dragon, poison/dragon, psychic/dragon, normal/dragon, fighting/dragon, dark/dragon. 7. A better European rose grass/dragon with sleep dorn motive would be welcomed. Would make sense. Electric/dragon also could happen. We had poison/dragon 2 gens in a row would love a comodo lizard physical medium fast attacker but thats for a desert area.

Hmmm female oriented singing dragons anyone? The ice one would be cool if we got a ice type sound version of will-o-wisp instant freezing move.

I would like to see a more realistic looking hyena Pokemon, preferably based on the spotted hyena, maybe ground/dark if the Krookodile line doesn't make it in.
Suddenly finding myself wanting a hyena pokemon too. D= With a proper mane this time! Mightyena's mane is okay but it's also kinda buzzed down the middle... and I'd like a catpupper with an erect mane instead of a shaggy one.

Stop with the zombie pokemon. We already have Parasect and a true zombie would be unfitting, graphic.
Unless it was Kyonpan. =( I would accept an updated Kyonpan with its level 100 move gimmick intact.

Suddenly finding myself wanting a hyena pokemon too. D= With a proper mane this time! Mightyena's mane is okay but it's also kinda buzzed down the middle... and I'd like a catpupper with an erect mane instead of a shaggy one.

Unless it was Kyonpan. =( I would accept an updated Kyonpan with its level 100 move gimmick intact.
What's that m

Yeah, I think Kyonpan would probably the only Zombie like Pokemon I want. I still really love the concept of it, especially it's previous evolution.

I wonder if we will ever see anymore of those Beta Pokemon in future Pokemon games. I can imagine they will probably be reworked, but I do hope we get some. The beta cat Pokemon with the bells was super cool, and I always love getting more cat Pokemon, so I would definitely welcome that little kitty into the new dex.

Yeah, I think Kyonpan would probably the only Zombie like Pokemon I want. I still really love the concept of it, especially it's previous evolution.

I wonder if we will ever see anymore of those Beta Pokemon in future Pokemon games. I can imagine they will probably be reworked, but I do hope we get some. The beta cat Pokemon with the bells was super cool, and I always love getting more cat Pokemon, so I would definitely welcome that little kitty into the new dex.
I would sooooo love to see a lot of the scrapped beta mons get updated and finally made official! All the babies- we haven't had new babies for some time now.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom