• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh New Pokemon Species Discussion

What's your opinion on the new Galar Pokémon we've seen so far?

• I like most of them

Votes: 89 69.5%
  • I dislike most of them

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • I'm neutral on most of them

Votes: 28 21.9%

• Total voters
I wonder if Gigantamax forms even are restricted to the final stages... I don't think Alcremie looks like a fully-evolved pokemon, personally. And we have a credible leak that claims that Pikachu and Meowth will both be getting Gigantamax forms. We might actually have a form-changing mechanic that affects every member of an evolution line? That would be interesting to see.
That's true, I forgot about that. I do like the idea of having a form changing Pokemon that isn't fully evolved, and it would be cool to see a line that all had Gigantamax forms.

I kind of wondering why Impidimp was not shown off in this trailer. Nothing special was shown off with Yamper, just box art (and it makes it look a million times more adorable), so I wonder why they chose not to do anything with Impidipmp at this time. I think they 've done this before too, like how CoroCoro would show off Pokemon but then the trailer wouldn't talk about them next. And I don't think it was for any special reason, but hmm, still doesn't sit with me right.

I kind of wondering why Impidimp was not shown off in this trailer. Nothing special was shown off with Yamper, just box art (and it makes it look a million times more adorable), so I wonder why they chose not to do anything with Impidipmp at this time. I think they 've done this before too, like how CoroCoro would show off Pokemon but then the trailer wouldn't talk about them next. And I don't think it was for any special reason, but hmm, still doesn't sit with me right.
Happened quite a lot of times too, in the past.

EDIT: By the way, I just checked the trailer and the teapot-like mon is indeed visible if you slow down the speed.

my partner and I :bulbaLove: rolly-polies, so Rolycoly is a big appeal. Would like to use one of those, it is very cute.

I quite like Duraludon and am happy to see a common Steel/Dragon-type. Alcremie is less impressive to me (Slurpuff already made its mark in my mind as the frothy dessert fairy pokémon), although its gigantamax form sure is something. I kinda like it. Big stationary tower creature... havent really gotten that in pokémon before. I cannot for the life of me put my finger on what it's reminding me of though.

Last edited:
To me, Giga Alcremie reminds me Bundt from Super Mario RPG:

Aside from this, it looks like Swirlix and Vanillite got a new sweet friend.

Regarding the others, Yamper looks even more adorable in artwork form, I need some more time to warm up to mini-Dialga and Rolycoly would better be accompanied by Torkoal in the areas where it is found. I mean, you can’t have a coal-producing Pokémon without the coal-burning tortoise.

• Yamper looks much better in the official artwork. The colors are less saturated and it has a bigger head, so it looks more proportionate overall. I kinda like it now.
  • Alcremie is very reminiscent of Slurpuff, but much better and more elegant. And its Gigantamax concept is great.
  • Rolypoly has potential to become a very badass coal train. But as it looks right now, it's ok.
  • Duraludon is a mess. It doesn't look natural at all and all of its body parts have very weird shapes. It definitely looks like a Digimon. If it is Galar's pseudo I'll be very disappointed (Dragon isn't his primary type, but the fact that 4 pseudos were confirmed as version exclusive today too makes me suspicious). I like that its eyes give a Gen 1 feel though.

Heavy and light metal on a steel/dragon did they buffed those abilities?

The fairy looks special oriented.

Rock looks like it will be rock/fire evolve.

Why gigantamaxed pokemon didnt get type change? Drednaw would beg for one. Water/Dragon. The fairy would deserve fairy/ghost cake

Steel/dragon is a first, second , third stage or mono stage? Heavy metal and light metal got buffs? Hmmm gyrobal or heavy slam?

Last edited:
I disliked yamper when it was shown in gameplay at e3, but I love the official art. It makes it look much cuter.

As for the new pokemon revealed today...They're all simply okay, though I do kind of like rolycoly and I'm starting to warm up to Alcremie.

Duraludon just looks weird. I can't say I dislike it, but what is up with its head?

Anyone have any idea what that weird lipstick thing on the back of its head is?

I disliked yamper when it was shown in gameplay at e3, but I love the official art. It makes it look much cuter.

As for the new pokemon revealed today...They're all simply okay, though I do kind of like rolycoly and I'm starting to warm up to Alcremie.

Duraludon just looks weird. I can't say I dislike it, but what is up with its head?

Anyone have any idea what that weird lipstick thing on the back of its head is?
View attachment 120636
I was going to say that it reminds me of the red part of Magnemite's magnets, but now that you mention lipstick I can't see it any other way now.

Am I the only one that’s like creeped out by Alcremie’s...existence? Like don’t get me wrong, it’s super cute, but...how does it not like expire?? It’s made of dairy. How is it not covered in mold and bugs constantly? And yes I get this is fictional Pokémon lol but I just can’t stop thinking about it. Also what is it using to make this endless supply of cream...? I know I’m reading too far into this but....I just need some answers lmao

Am I the only one that’s like creeped out by Alcremie’s...existence? Like don’t get me wrong, it’s super cute, but...how does it not like expire?? It’s made of dairy. How is it not covered in mold and bugs constantly? And yes I get this is fictional Pokémon lol but I just can’t stop thinking about it. Also what is it using to make this endless supply of cream...? I know I’m reading too far into this but....I just need some answers lmao
Same logic can be applied to Bounsweet or Cherrim, I suppose food pokemon always stay fresh

Same logic can be applied to Bounsweet or Cherrim, I suppose food pokemon always stay fresh
Ehhh I’d say if anything the Swirlix line would be more similar, but even that looks more...mammalian(?) to me. Alcremie is just...100% dairy lol. It’s literally just living whipped cream. The question that’s bugging me is how does it stay fresh? I hope we get some more lore on it

The fact that Yamper is now primarily light brown rather than pink kinda makes me think he's not likely to evolve to a Electric/Fairy.

It seems like the amount of new pokemon this Gen is like previous, so they're only introducing 1 main pokemon family per element. Can't wait to see what they have for Ghost type.

By the way, I always wanted to see a glow-in-the-dark Ghost type. And where it colors determines the element.

Kind of like having 4 Oricorios, imagine a glowing-red Ghost be Ghost/Fire, a glowing-blue Ghost/Water, etc. Kind of like a night light pokemon.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom