• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation New Pokemon to be revealed in 16th Movie?

Panthe☈a

الحديث أن الحديث
Reaction score
With the latest merchandise for the 16th movie "Extremespeed Genesect" having been unveiled today, its also revealed that there are still 2 more Pokemon left to be revealed. These could be alternate forms, but without a game to use the forms on for Gen 5, its likely that these will be the first Generation VI pokemon.

movie16th.jpg

Is there a higher quality/larger version of that image? All I can see is one "secret" watch(?), so I'm curious why you say there's two pokemon to be revealed.

All things considered, it does seem highly likely that we will be treated to some new pokemon in the movie.

Edit: OK, I see it's from Serebii's site.

Serebii said it specified merchandise for two new Pokemon :/ Not sure though.

They hide junk like this for both new pokes and forms. I highly doubt they would go out of their way just to make something for whatever Genesect's UFO form is called, especially since that has already been revealed too, and it's kinda like the Kyurem's Overdrive. Since every movie has to have something new, there is little preventing this from being new pokemon unless they gave something else a new form, which would be quite silly since the only way that can happen is it came out of the blue like with the kami trio. Before you say we don't need BW3, I never advocated that. There is precedence for remakes to have new forms shoved into them. For all of FR/LG and HG/SS. I am no advocate of that, either, but be warned, that argument can be used.

I hope this isn't another Riolu/Lucario or Zorua/Zoroark that'll be shoved down our throats for the next gen or even the one after that. I'd love if it was a simple Legendary like Manafi that was starring alongside Genesect, along with just another common Gen VI Pokemon (Maybe an Eeeveelution). Arceus knows they've been shoving those foxes down our throats for a reason.....

Come on, Primisect and Draceon. Primisect and Draceon. PRIMISECT AND DRACEON.

O great psychic-like intuition. You foretold Keldeo not being revealed in Victini's movie. You saw Kyurem's "Overdrive mode" for what it really was. You joked about Keldeo getting a new form. You even knew Genesect would be revealed very early. Don't let me down now.

Everyone on Serebii keeps speculating that it's new Eeveelutions.
If that's the case, I hope it's a ghost-type.

Eeveelution is pretty obvious now, and two is usually how they are introduced. (Gens 2 & 4) I'm also still hoping for an Original Genesect forme, species, or whatever too.

Either way, its nice to feel the new gen excitement again. : D

Considering the massive Eeveelution hype I wouldnt be surprised if we get at least one Eeveelutions. Id be surprised if it was only one since they never have introduced only one in any game they've been in. Original Genesect would be a cool thing to see, because Im curious to see how it looks.

Can't wait to see the new Pokemon! Gen V was pretty exciting since it was the first time I was around when a Gen was just coming out... I say Eeveelutions as they always comes in pairs... but yeah definitly excited

Looks like the lingering clouds of doubt ust keep getting cleared away. 6th gen here we come!

Looking at past trends, I definitely agree that we'll get two Eeveelutions (Draceon and Specteon please!) in the Special but at the same time they probably want their new mascot a la Lucario/Zoroark to take the starring role and this particular merchandise could reflect that. So with that in mind, I think the two watches will be for that mascot poke and one other rather then the Eevees.

I REALLY want it to be a new eeveelution (Dragon, Bug, Ghost or Steel, preferably) but I don't think that'll happen, since I don't think Gen V is over yet, simply because GF haven't realy done that much with it (no console games or ranger instalment, e.g.). So I think it's probably a new form. If it is a new eeveelution, though, I'm hoping it'll either foreshadow RSEmakes or BW3 in Gen VI, which would be really weird, like Gen 5.5.

Game Freak has never been in charge of making console games or spin-offs like the Ranger series, so you can't say "Game Freak hasn't done much with Gen V because of [spin-offs]" when Game Freak had nothing to do with it. Genius Sonority and Hal Laboratory were the ones who did not do much in Gen V. Their inactivity does not limit what Game Freak can do anymore than Jupiter Corporation's lack of activity hindered the release of Gen V games.

Game Freak has never been in charge of making console games or spin-offs like the Ranger series, so you can't say "Game Freak hasn't done much with Gen V because of [spin-offs]" when Game Freak had nothing to do with it. Genius Sonority and Hal Laboratory were the ones who did not do much in Gen V. Their inactivity does not limit what Game Freak can do anymore than Jupiter Corporation's lack of activity hindered the release of Gen V games.

HAL Laboratory only did the first Pokémon Ranger. The second and third were done by Creatures Inc. who have been very busy this gen with Pokédex 3D, Pokédex 3D Pro, Pokédex iOS, PokéPark 2 and Pokémon Dream Radar. HAL have done nothing Pokémon-wise since

HAL Laboratory only did the first Pokémon Ranger. The second and third were done by Creatures Inc. who have been very busy this gen with Pokédex 3D, Pokédex 3D Pro, Pokédex iOS, PokéPark 2 and Pokémon Dream Radar. HAL have done nothing Pokémon-wise since

Oh he Seribii! so what do you think (or know don't you have a ton of sources?) about the supposed new Pokemon?

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom