• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation New Pokemon to be revealed in 16th Movie?

Game Freak has never been in charge of making console games or spin-offs like the Ranger series, so you can't say "Game Freak hasn't done much with Gen V because of [spin-offs]" when Game Freak had nothing to do with it. Genius Sonority and Hal Laboratory were the ones who did not do much in Gen V. Their inactivity does not limit what Game Freak can do anymore than Jupiter Corporation's lack of activity hindered the release of Gen V games.

HAL Laboratory only did the first Pokémon Ranger. The second and third were done by Creatures Inc. who have been very busy this gen with Pokédex 3D, Pokédex 3D Pro, Pokédex iOS, PokéPark 2 and Pokémon Dream Radar. HAL have done nothing Pokémon-wise since

Oh he Seribii! so what do you think (or know don't you have a ton of sources?) about the supposed new Pokemon?

Too early to tell

Game Freak has never been in charge of making console games or spin-offs like the Ranger series, so you can't say "Game Freak hasn't done much with Gen V because of [spin-offs]" when Game Freak had nothing to do with it. Genius Sonority and Hal Laboratory were the ones who did not do much in Gen V. Their inactivity does not limit what Game Freak can do anymore than Jupiter Corporation's lack of activity hindered the release of Gen V games.

HAL Laboratory only did the first Pokémon Ranger. The second and third were done by Creatures Inc. who have been very busy this gen with Pokédex 3D, Pokédex 3D Pro, Pokédex iOS, PokéPark 2 and Pokémon Dream Radar. HAL have done nothing Pokémon-wise since

Oh he Seribii! so what do you think (or know don't you have a ton of sources?) about the supposed new Pokemon?

Too early to tell

Oh, I'd thought you'd know something XD... but yeah I hope it;s a new Gen... I kinda missed all the anticipation for Gen V it was a lot of fun... what do you think it is?

Serebii where did you see the merchandise for two Pokemon? The image is kind of small but I only see the black watch. Also what is your opinion on Gen VI being released in 2013?

Imagine at least one of the new Pokemon will be an Eeveelution (Yay!!! Come on Dragon-type Eeveelution!) based on all the publcity Eevee and the Eeveelutions have been getting, and maybe the other could be either another Eeveelution or possibly the OD. It depends whether this will be celebrating the end of Gen V or the beginning of Gen VI. In which case, if they seriously are starting Gen VI soon it might be a new original Pokemon from that, which will be appearing it whatever the two new main series games will be.

But I'm excited for the possibility of an Eeveelution.

Serebii where did you see the merchandise for two Pokemon? The image is kind of small but I only see the black watch. Also what is your opinion on Gen VI being released in 2013?

It says on the image that there's further bits of merchandise for two Pokémon from the movie

It says on the image that there's further bits of merchandise for two Pokémon from the movie
Oh okay thanks :) Well then along with this and Masuda appearing in the next month, I think its pretty likely these are in fact new Pokemon and Gen VI will be announced in the coming months just like Gen V was.

Come on, Primisect and Draceon. Primisect and Draceon. PRIMISECT AND DRACEON.

O great psychic-like intuition. You foretold Keldeo not being revealed in Victini's movie. You saw Kyurem's "Overdrive mode" for what it really was. You joked about Keldeo getting a new form. You even knew Genesect would be revealed very early. Don't let me down now.

Liked the name Primisect =)

Interesting. I'm with some of these people here. They not only should possibly be Eeveelutions, but I want more of them already anyways.

If they're really new Pokemon then god damn it I can't wait. Gen 5s pre release period was a pisser, and it could only get better. My gut somehow tells me though that the watch and the 2 Pokemon are separate, with the watch being the main of the movie, and the 2 being the poster Eevee types for this gen. I wonder if they're gonna do types that exist or if they're gonna slap us with something new....

Given that there's only one blank clock, and Dragonite is missing from the keychains, how can we be sure the second Pokemon isn't just it? Does it specifically say there are two secret Pokemon?

I doubt that the merchandise is related to the Eevee short, as evidenced by the obvious absence of the Eevee family. It isn't surprising that they're advertising the movie-related goods first, as that's what they did last year. Nothing had hinted at Meloetta until the movie poster was leaked in late February.

Zistal said:
Given that there's only one blank clock, and Dragonite is missing from the keychains, how can we be sure the second Pokemon isn't just it? Does it specifically say there are two secret Pokemon?
No, it just says that they're from the movie. My assumption is that the watches and keychains feature the exact same Pokémon, meaning that only one new Pokémon will be revealed come February. I'd expect the Eeveelution to be revealed in March.

That makes it seem less likely that anything Ranger is in the works, and certainly explains why nothing has been made yet.

The ad means nothing. Plenty of Pokemon merchandise ads come out saying that they aren't showing all of the merchandise on the ad and that there are more Pokemon that will be featured in their product line. I showed the ad to two of my translators yesterday when Gin posted it and they just said "So?" As in, "What am I looking for?" I contacted Serebii through PM and he said that there hasn't been any news lately, so I'm guessing he would not have posted this had we been in such a news lull (you know, like how 24 cable news blows everything out of proportion so they have something to talk about). The placement of the statement on the bottom doesn't seem to be a sign of something super special either. While there could certainly be new Pokemon in this product line, and there's probably going to be a new Pokemon in the movie, this ad is certainly not the harbinger of any 5th generation foreshadowing and probably would have been overlooked if we weren't expecting 5th gen news coming up soon.

The ad means nothing. Plenty of Pokemon merchandise ads come out saying that they aren't showing all of the merchandise on the ad and that there are more Pokemon that will be featured in their product line. I showed the ad to two of my translators yesterday when Gin posted it and they just said "So?" As in, "What am I looking for?" I contacted Serebii through PM and he said that there hasn't been any news lately, so I'm guessing he would not have posted this had we been in such a news lull (you know, like how 24 cable news blows everything out of proportion so they have something to talk about). The placement of the statement on the bottom doesn't seem to be a sign of something super special either. While there could certainly be new Pokemon in this product line, and there's probably going to be a new Pokemon in the movie, this ad is certainly not the harbinger of any 5th generation foreshadowing and probably would have been overlooked if we weren't expecting 5th gen news coming up soon.

Way to throw Joe under the bus WPM, though I'm sure it does mean new Pokemon just like the Mystery Pokeballs in 2010.

For Zoroark Master of Illusions, they had the exact same thing with merchandise for two unrevealed pokemon. I have no doubt in my mind these are new pokemon. It's good to feel the hype of a new generation all over again. :thumbup:

It doesn't matter who does them, my point is that there hasn't been much done with this gen. And I didn't say that they physically can't do it, only that it doesn't seem likely to me.

Last edited:
inb4excadrill

I wouldn't be surprised if it was just another Pokemon we already know.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom