• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New pokemon?

Pie said:
Bothered by the fact that May is holding its egg. Luckily, it's just for the movie - she really has enough baby-ish Pokémon already. XD

At the very least, maybe May will have a larger role in this movie than the others?

Heh, remember that debate from awhile ago where I said May should have a slightly larger role in the AG movies? :p

If May is holding the egg for the new Pokemon in the scan, looks like I got my wish. :D

I will personally bitch slap both you and Pie if you turn this into another May argument.

Scott85 said:
At the very least, maybe May will have a larger role in this movie than the others?

Heh, remember that debate from awhile ago where I said May should have a slightly larger role in the AG movies? :p

If May is holding the egg for the new Pokemon in the scan, looks like I got my wish. :D
Yeah, and even I said that wouldn't be a bad idea. Let's hope it's not just another wishcatcher sideplot thing, eh?

But seriously, they are overloading her with baby Pokémon. Munchlax, Squirtle, Eevee, and now this little guy are all babies in one way or another - I can't think of any other character who's had so many, never mind all right in a row. At this rate, she's more likely to end up as a day care worker than a top coordinator.

Oak - I'm trying to stay civil for once. I have enough of a headache already.

Yeah, I noted that. But still, I think that this is getting a bit out of hand. And I love baby Pokémon. XD

This is most intresting, I am of the belief that the scan is genuine. Manafi/y looks very cute. And that first shadow must be a pre-evo of Mantaine. The second and third shadows I'm betting are non evo/pre-evo Pokémon.

Off Topic: Woah, sudden pinkness. o.0

Of course the scan is real. No one can imitate anything like that without having SOMETHING on it suspicious. It's all in the same style that CoroCoro always does it in anyways.

Ghost_Master said:
Gleh.png
Adorable...
But I still want more cat Pokemon!

Where's my pre-evolution for Meowth and Skitty, GameFreak? WHERE IS IT?!

*pauses*

Uh... I mean, I like it. I'd train it.

What's the source of this scan? I don't see it on any japanese imageboards I usually check every day hoping to see something new.

Dogasu said:
According to the text, Manfi (Manfy?) is the Prince of the Sea that the movie's title is referring to.

The trademark database says Manaphy. It has been in there since at least mid-December - but it seemed so unlikely at the time I didn't report it...

You know, the Japanese database of trademarks. The one Meowth used to trawl through for leaks of new Pokémon.

Zhen Lin said:
The trademark database says Manaphy. It has been in there since at least mid-December - but it seemed so unlikely at the time I didn't report it...

So is Manaphy the 'proper' name for it as Lucario was over Rukario then?

If so it might be an idea to nip the 'Manafy/Manafi' in the bud before it ends up an issue like Lucario/Rukario was...

Doctor Oak said:
So is Manaphy the 'proper' name for it as Lucario was over Rukario then?

If so it might be an idea to nip the 'Manafy/Manafi' in the bud before it ends up an issue like Lucario/Rukario was...

Precisely.

It looks so cute I have a good feeling this generation is gonna be great *crosses fingers for a swellow evo* one of the silouttes reminds me sort of the quilava one b4 it came out.

Better hurry up. I just took a quick look at the SPPf thread on the subject, and a bunch of people are calling it "Manafui" for some reason.

Well, I'm posting my opinion for the other three pokemon in the captions just to do not loose my idea:
First - it looks like a pre-evolution of Mantine due to the similarities between it and the Johto generation one.(i.e. the ears and the shape), so, like Dogasu stated, it's probably a water type.

Second - might be an evolution of Larvitar, but a pre-evo of Tyranitar (it can be a new evolution configuration, which is something really new and complex)

Third - well, it can probably be a flying type, but the "thing" that pokemon has on it's back can be viewed differently: it might be an evolution of Skarmory if i look at that musical note and consider it rather a head and not an "ornament"...

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom