• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New pokemon?

If this is supposed to be a legendary pokemon well i'm disappointed cos all of these baby legendaries are getting ridiculous now but if it has an evo chain then it's ok.

I've never been so excited waiting for a page on Bulbanews to load. :)

I love it already. Please don't let this be the new Mew/Celebi/Jirachi.

I believe this is also the first confirmation that Brock, May and Max are in the next movie.

Does anyone know the name's origin? The only thing that comes to mind is a corruption of Manatee.

Hmm. My first thought on the one on the right was that it looks like a dark Pokémon. And it looks like it could be a pre-evo to Absol with that thing on its head.

Hopefully, the middle one is unique, at least.

Pokelord brings up an interesting point...with these new pokemon, there are 395 pokemon that we know about (including the three shadowed ones). Do you guys think GameFreak is aiming to have 400 pokemon revealed by the time D/P comes out?

It is a distinct possibility. There were enough pokes revealed to us when Ru/Sa were coming along that we could go over 400. I'm not entirely clear on how many pokes were revealed prior to G/S. Right now, things are looking close to what they did when I first came to pokemon boards at the beginning of the Ru/Sa hype. The only thing we lack is the screenshots. I have high hopes that we will be getting that soon, if not next month, then the month after that, for Ranger will be released and then I am certain D/P will receive the spotlight.

Dogasu said:
Pokelord brings up an interesting point...with these new pokemon, there are 395 pokemon that we know about (including the three shadowed ones). Do you guys think GameFreak is aiming to have 400 pokemon revealed by the time D/P comes out?

depends on how much time before the games get released... if there are more D/P pokemon appearing in the movie... or even another movie...

here's the numbers of new pokemon released in each movie:

1st movie: 3 in mini movie, 1 in main movie
2nd movie: 4 in mini movie, 2 in main movie
3rd movie: none
4th movie: 3 in mini movie, none in main movie
5th movie: 3 in mini movie, 2 in main movie
6th movie: none
7th movie: 1 in main movie
8th movie: 4 in main movie
9th movie: 4 in main movie (possibly more)

That was in large part due to a poster with a bunch of their shadows on it, the fact it was at Festa that year and because of a sudden rush from Coro Coro close to November - not to mention the Pokemon.com cockup that leaked the starters way earlier than they were ever meant to be revealed.

I'd say 400 before release wouldn't be that much of a surprise or difficult of a target but I have my doubts they'd aim to keep it a round number.

Is it Manaphy or Manafi? Everyone on SPP is calling it Manafi and its confusing me to no end.

As Zhen Lin said not even a page ago, Manaphy is the romanization that's been trademarked by the same Japanese site that trademarked Lucario as the romanization of Rukario. So I'm going with that one.

Yeah, it is cute. But a bit bland. I mean it lacks story for me right now so all I see is a blue water drop creature. Hopefully a story will make this creature more appealing to me.

If anyone's willing to go to Wikipedia, I could use all the help I can get to convince people there that Manaphy is the intended spelling of this Pokémon's name. I've already had trouble with the Lucario article over there.

And Zhen Lin, whenever you see a new relavent trademark in the future, I urge you to please report it without hesitation, even if you're unsure whether it's a Pokémon name or not. I've been checking this site almost daily for months but never saw this trademark.

Or another Serebii.

(And yes, I do realize I have Celebi's name still spelled as Serebii on many pages on my site...I do plan to get around to fixing that someday).

Dogasu said:
Or another Serebii.

(And yes, I do realize I have Celebi's name still spelled as Serebii on many pages on my site...I do plan to get around to fixing that someday).
Yeah, but the confirmation of Lucario's English name is too close for words.

Wow. I really think that one of them is a pre-evo of Mantine.. =P

Off topic: And for you people who are mad at May for having all the babies.. don't forget... Ash had Larvitar, Phanpy... plus Pikachu. and the rest of the starters.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom