• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New pokemon?

From Filb

マナフィ\MANAPHY
タマンタ (Tamanta)
ペラップ (Perappu?)
ブイゼル (Buizeru?)
(Note: I don't think these are in the order of the Pokemon on the scan)

Tamanta is definately a Mantine Preevo! It has Manta in it's name!

Perappu? Many people on Serebii said that the "musical note" one mentioned resembled a Parrot. And Perappu sounds like Parrot. Maybe it will mimic Pokemon sounds. I personally think it looks like a Gryphon.

Buizeru- Looks like a Centipede to me.

Could anyone try to find some meaning in these names?

Habunake said:
And Perappu sounds like Parrot. Maybe it will mimic Pokemon sounds.

That sounds like an awesome idea. That'd work brilliantly in the anime. Mimic would suit it well too.

Here's hoping we actually get that. ;)

I didn't create that idea, just to let you know. You know, the Pokemon in the Inzauma episode sounds like it would do that.

Perrapu is a person's name! I found a picture of a brazilian looking guy named Perrapu!

Because I like to state the obvious, 'buizeru' sounds not unlike 'weasel'. And, the pose/body structure of the second shadow seems to fit the same idea (except for those ringamabobs around the shoulders and waist, but whatever).

I like the idea of a parrot Pokemon, but I was really hoping that third silhouette would have been a Murkrow evo. ;_; I mean, if they gave Sneasel a chance to be useful...

I was thinking Weasel, but we kinda have Sneasel and Manyula, which seems to be weasels. I also think Buizeru sounds like Bizzare.

I think it was like a music parrot. Like related specifically to music and not just sound. The middle one I really don't care about surprisingly. I have no idea.

Zhen Lin, can you check the trademark database to see if any of the trademarked names are close to the names proposed for the three new pokemon?

If you look, you will see that Filb said they were from there. I did find them earlier yesterday when Manaphy was confirmed - but the catch is... no romanisation exists (yet). Which was why I didn't say anything.

Yes, indeed these are trademarked names. You can reference them here:

http://www1.ipdl.ncipi.go.jp/syutsugan/TM_SEARCH_A.cgi

with the trademarks in question being: 2005-083510, 2005-112568, 2005-112569, and 2005-112570 for Manaphy, Tamanta, Perappu, and Buizeru respectively. Manaphy was registered on 8/24/2005 with the others being consecutive trademarks registered 11/16/2005 all under the same name: Takeo Hidetoshi.

it cant be the pre evo of mantine if its the prince of the sea.

Limerick said:
...Manaphy was registered on 8/24/2005 with the others being consecutive trademarks registered 11/16/2005 all under the same name: Takeo Hidetoshi.

One thing I wonder: who is this Takeo Hidetoshi, and why are the trademarks registered under his name?

Zhen Lin said:
If you look, you will see that Filb said they were from there. I did find them earlier yesterday when Manaphy was confirmed - but the catch is... no romanisation exists (yet). Which was why I didn't say anything.

Oh, OK. I had read that they said the names were from the trademark pages, and I had assumed that, since it showed a romanization for Manaphy, that it'd show a romanization for the others as well. Now I see that it doesn't.

TBA's thoughts on the new poke's.

The blue thing is either out right ugly are so overly cute it turns out ugly. I can't decide which at this point. I don't know what they were thinking when they came up with this thing. I just know it doesn't appeal to me.

However a baby manta sounds real cute to me. I've always been a huge Mantine fan I think I'll love the pre-evo just as much.

The other two I'm nuetral on at this point. I'll wait for their pictures to be revealed.

Aww, that new blue Pokemon Manaphy is really cute! ^^

And I agree, I think the shadow on the left is most likely a pre-evolution of Mantine.

The one in the middle, I really have no idea what to think about. Although, for some odd reason, it sorta looks like Ampharos (which doesn't make much sense).

And finally, if the one on the right is indeed a musical parrot Pokemon, I love that idea. That's just so cool! ^_^

Oh, and now that I think of it, that would made sense if it's the evolved form of Farfetch'd......

hi yall. Is it possible that ブイゼル Buizeru is a new evolved form of Eevee? Both names include the syllable ブイ bui...and they have similarities in their shapes too...

Last edited:
The new monsters look intresting. I think I'll go from last time to not determine if they are good or not by the shadows.
The one with the two tales kind of reminds me of a lizard because the tales split.. however it also reminds me of Furret.
Of course the water looks like a mantine form, which I'd love because I like that pokemon (I guess a prevo would be more likely, but I'd prefere an evo).
The last one looks more like a vulture/condor with a Scythe. If it is suppose to be part of a music note, maybe it is a music note shaped scythe or harp. From that guess it could be an evolution of Murkrow or Farfetch'd
I also think that Manaphy is ... okay.. it's growing on me. It reminds me of a jelly fish mixed with something that I can't put my finger on... (mythological creature/animal of some kind)

Last edited:
PPK said:
hi yall. Is it possible that ブイゼル Buizeru is a new evolved form of Eevee? Both names include the syllable ブイ bui...and they have similarities in their shapes too...
Except Showers, Thunder, Booster, (however you spell Espeon's Japanese name) and Blackie don't have bui in their names. And canine Pokemon are plentiful and similar.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom