• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New pokemon?

But Manaphy is what was trademarked.

*sigh* Why must our fandom originate in Japan?

Or rather, why don't we just sidestep the issue and say マナフィ? Though that scan was not entirely clear - there are at least two instances of マナフィー. However, the latter is not trademarked.

Because that is just 4 strange symbols to a lot of us, (and even just squares to some,) while the romanization actually means something in our heads.

Yeah, I think if Manaphy is an electric jellyfish pokemon. I actually might like it.

I still think that only the first shadow is an old pokemon devoled or evolved. I like it if the other were new ones.

PPK said:
hi yall. Is it possible that ブイゼル Buizeru is a new evolved form of Eevee? Both names include the syllable ブイ bui...and they have similarities in their shapes too...

Aaah, so that's why Haruka recently aquired an Eevee.

The Big Al said:
Except Showers, Thunder, Booster, (however you spell Espeon's Japanese name) and Blackie don't have bui in their names.

Thunders is the evolved form of Eevee. Thunder is a different pokemon. Yes, that was not the brightest idea they ever came up with.

FabuVinny said:
But Manaphy is what was trademarked.

*sigh* Why must our fandom originate in Japan?
Actually, Nintendo wasnt what registered Manaphy...someone related to food registered Manaphy so it's NOT officially Manaphy. Nintendo didnt trademark it so it should not be classed as the official romanisation unless Nintendo outright say it.

Therefore no official romanisation yet.

Thank you :)

Official romanisation or not, you'd still continue to refer to it as 'Manafi' though, wouldn't you? Looking back at how the Lucario business was handled, it wouldn't matter how much evidence of the pokémon name's spelling people were showing you.

Unregistered said:
Official romanisation or not, you'd still continue to refer to it as 'Manafi' though, wouldn't you? Looking back at how the Lucario business was handled, it wouldn't matter how much evidence of the pokémon name's spelling people were showing you.
Except I have the evidence against it, plus I dont use the official romanisations, I use the actual Japanese Names, if you actually saw my site you'ld know that. Thank you

You know, I really think that the middle shadow is a Otter, and the rings are Buoys. That just sounds so cool. And, as PM mentioned, Buoy is like Bui.

Actually, the silouhette kinda reminds me of this:
Orcamon11.jpg

Last edited:
Serebii said:
Actually, Nintendo wasnt what registered Manaphy...someone related to food registered Manaphy so it's NOT officially Manaphy. Nintendo didnt trademark it so it should not be classed as the official romanisation unless Nintendo outright say it.

Hah. They stopped doing that a long time ago, when industrious people were uncovering trademarks long before they were supposed to be revealed. So now they register them under pseudonyms. Lucario, for example, has gone from 高田裕子 to the usual Nintendo-GameFreak-Creatures. Usohachi and Manyula are still registered under that name.

Wasn't OTAsutah supposed to feature Manphy today? On like a show?

Maybe the new Pokemon is another new one! That woould be funny!

That show ended about 24 hours ago, so if it DID feature another pokemon, I guess we would've heard it by now.

Then again, its harder to send a tv show then a scan from a magazine through the internet.

I dunno. The anime episodes get online alright. ;-)

However, it requires someone in Japan and I haven't heard of anyone who watched. We might find some new info from Japanese sites, though...

The anime eps aren't released until Fridays though at the earliest.

Expecting there to be caps up of this now is asking for miracles.

Although i'd expect Pokeani to have something soon enough.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom