• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Pokemon?

Habunake

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
On August 16th there is to be an outdoor fireworks festival in Japan with live performers, games and much more. Pokémon Diamond/Pearl has been announced to make an appearence at this event in some way. More as it emerges.

The VS commemoration pack for the latest Pokémon movie in Japan (Manaphy - Prince of the sea) will go on sale on August 4th. It is a complete half deck of 30 fixed cards. It will also feature the first appearences of Manaphy, Buizeru, Tamanta, Perap and a Pokémon listed only as "kirakado". Kirakado is reported to be related to Manaphy - perhaps its evolution? Stay tuned for more information as soon as we get it!

(Source: http://www.ys-j.com/exec/shoping/item.cgi?pam_item=4521329053004)

Don't know if where this topic should go, but I am doubting this Kirakado is a Pokemon....maybe a Trainer Card?

I don't doubt it'll be a new Pokemon - we're expecting some new D/P news in the coming weeks anyway - but being related to Manaphy? Considering Manaphy is as officially a Legendary as it possibly could be at this stage (only available through Ranger, title star of the 9th movie) I'd consider that unlikely - definitely as far as evolution goes.

Hmm, if it is related to Manaphy, I expect we'll see it way before this card set is released, as I don't think they usually release new ones thru cards.

If it is a pokemon... as a manaphy evolution this would be unprecident that a hidden legendary has a baby form. Maybe it could be a counter part 0f Manaphy, like a dark side or something, and it transforms into it back and forth. That would make it an intresting character in the game at least.

Though... yeah.. If its in the movie half deck, it probably would have to be in the movie. I'm thinking it could be a special name for a specific item in the movie..

however I dunno

Serebii says its fake, and I think the article just mistranslated it, as it is most likely a Trainer Card.

"Kirakaado" is "glittering card." Probably the Manaphy card is reverse-holo.

If it was a real new Pokémon, though, they may still have had a non-evolutionary link. (Similar to Latias and Latios.)

Well as I said on SPPf, it just a holographic card, thanks to Argy for confirming it here...people are just jumping to horrible conclusions based on their lack of knowledge

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom