• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News New poster for Sun & Moon teases what to come

This is a pretty cool poster. I'm so happy that Hau is finally appearing in the anime. I was starting to worry he wouldn't show up. I just hope that he'll still be likable and be a good rival for the Alola League. It's cool that he has a Dartrix, but it also makes me think that Ash's Rowlet isn't going to evolve. That wouldn't surprise me considering that it mostly just sleeps all the time, but it's still a bit disappointing if that is going to be the case.

I'm glad that Misty and Brock are coming back. I figured that there was a good chance of that considering their promise and it's a pretty easy way for them to include some Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee promotion. It is strange that they aren't wearing their new outfits from the games, but maybe they wanted to showcase them in their original outfits on the poster since that's what the audience is more familiar with by this point.

Team Rocket having a Stufful is cute. I don't know if they captured it or if they're just using it as a mascot for their food truck, but it should be interesting how they react to it, especially when it doesn't want to be hugged. As for the Eevee, I don't know if Ash is the one who would catch it. That would make sense in a way. He would have a Pikachu and Eevee on his team to promote the upcoming games and he definitely needs more Pokemon on his team. My only concern is that if they do give him an Eevee, they probably wouldn't have it evolve to match with how the Eevee in Let's Go Eevee doesn't evolve. It would make sense from a marketing perspective, but it would be disappointing considering he would have a lot of choices for an evolution for Eevee. It doesn't help that he doesn't have a lot of evolved Pokemon on his team as it is either. Still, it would be an interesting development if Ash does get an Eevee.

Hey, we've known for a long time that Rowlet WOULDN'T evolve. Some has to stay the cute mascot, as well as the sassy spotlight stealer (Curse you for what you started, Piplup...)

I remember back when SM was still new thinking how cool it was going to be to see Ash with a Decidueye defeating opponents by shooting arrows at them from across the battlefield, looking like calm and cold archer. Pure awesomeness! I guess not...unless some sort of last minute miracles were to happen before SM ends for good. Don't get me wrong, cuteness is fine, but a ghost owl robin hood archer is pretty awesome, and I'd gladly sacrifice Rowlet's cuteness if it means character development and a chance to show off one of the starters final forms.

Really glad to see misty and Brock again but I am not glad to see Hau because I really hate him. I won't to see the king number four who is rule the final kalos island. Hope girl 9r ash will won and I want to see z move for lillie to ally with giving all of allow and mamane z move or at least Mega shinka as counter to z move and see you.

I thought that they should have the bear final evolution but still good that's that will have the first level because it can evolve. Ever finally with ash. I thought that ash should have eevee and Lucario but what was that hair style. It was awful and hope that finally ash got his psychic or fairy. NOT having fairy or Mega shinka is fine with me because they are in the second season but no having ghost psychic and steel is really problem for me

Last edited:
It doesn't help that he doesn't have a lot of evolved Pokemon on his team as it is either.

That’s my main problem with Ash getting Eevee and it being one of the league battlers. All this is giving me Indigo League and BW flashes which also had a lot of unevolved Pokémon...

I hope atleast Torracat evolves again to make it a more formidable battler.

as well as the sassy spotlight stealer (Curse you for what you started, Piplup...)
I really don’t blame Piplip, the writers seemed to be toying with the idea with Squirtle and Totodile, and fact that they turned out to be popular probably increased the focus on the comedic starter.

I'd much rather that Ash gets Alola Pokemon unless this Eevee is planning to evolve into a new Eeveelution for Gen 8 (Kinda of a call back to Aipom's capture to the evolution to Ambipom in Gen 4), I'm kinda wary about the Eevee being around... even if I do like the Eevee.

Hopefully his team will actually evolve (rather than just Torracat).

Hopefully his team will actually evolve (rather than just Torracat).

There really isn’t much left to evolve other than Torracat. Lycanroc is fully evolved, and Rowlet literally does nothing other than to sleep (not to mention Hau is going to showcase Dartrix/Decidueye) and is the designated comedic starter.

Eevee is unlikely to evolve atleast now due to the entire LGPE thing, and we don’t know what Ash's sixth capture is.

There's no guarantee that Ash is getting Eevee.
Last time I checked I was free to speculate on this forum. Can you point me to the rule where it says I'm not allowed to do so?
I've got the message that you think that there’s no guarantee that Ash is getting Eevee from a an earlier comment of yours which you quoted me in (which you have deleted since).
Sorry if I seem rude but it becomes a tad bit repetitive.

If Ash did get the eevee, its quite possible there is a new eeveelution down the line and this is sort of prepping for that as there aren't really eeveelutions out there that fit Ash

Like everything on the poster except for Eevee- what a horrible looking thing! If we needed to show more Eevee for LPGE, couldn’t Ilima just get a bigger role?

Also kind of wish Hau had Primarina, it’s not looking good for Ash’s Rowlett evolving now (not deconfirmed but unlikely) but I’m pretty happy to see Hau.

And Brock and Misty! I hope we get to see more than just their Kanto Pokemon, Steelix and Crobat... we’re only going to see the Kanto Pokemon aren’t we... at least we could see Brock’s Chasey... their going to ignore anything that happened in their best series aren’t they?

I wonder how long this will last? How will it tie in with Poni Island, Tapu Fini, Hapu, The three remaining Ultra Beasts and the league?

Last time I checked I was free to speculate on this forum. Can you point me to the rule where it says I'm not allowed to do so?
I've got the message that you think that there’s no guarantee that Ash is getting Eevee from a an earlier comment of yours which you quoted me in (which you have deleted since).
Sorry if I seem rude but it becomes a tad bit repetitive.
I was saying to not act like Ash getting Eevee is absolutely confirmed.

No one in the team deserve Eevee other than Ash...
So it definitely Ash catch that Eevee..
I think that dartrix belongs to Ash.
Why they want to show hau Pokemon and only one Pokemon.?
Mostly it belongs to Ash.
I know rowlet always sleeping.
Why they didn't put any hints about upcoming arc?

Hey, we've known for a long time that Rowlet WOULDN'T evolve. Some has to stay the cute mascot, as well as the sassy spotlight stealer (Curse you for what you started, Piplup...)

I'm not sure if Rowlet really steals the spotlight. It could work as a cute mascot and it is the most popular out of the Alola starters, but it really doesn't have much presence in the series. I've honestly questioned why Ash even bothered to capture it when it hasn't done much of anything since his second Grand Trial. It's just there sleeping in his bag all the time practically.

That’s my main problem with Ash getting Eevee and it being one of the league battlers. All this is giving me Indigo League and BW flashes which also had a lot of unevolved Pokémon...

I hope atleast Torracat evolves again to make it a more formidable battler.

I don't think having a lot of unevolved Pokemon is necessarily a bad thing. The real issue is that there aren't a lot of battles in SM, so it's harder for them to give Ash's Pokemon a chance to shine and showcase their strength. If his Pokemon were still shown to be pretty strong in battle, then it wouldn't be a huge issue for them to be unevolved. Only three out of his currently four Pokemon are good in battle and one of them is Pikachu. He just needs to have more battles to make his team shine. Plus, if this Eevee does know the exclusive moves from Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee, then it will probably be pretty good in battle despite not evolving.

And Brock and Misty! I hope we get to see more than just their Kanto Pokemon, Steelix and Crobat... we’re only going to see the Kanto Pokemon aren’t we... at least we could see Brock’s Chasey... their going to ignore anything that happened in their best series aren’t they?

Well they did mention that Brock is a Pokemon Doctor in-training when he first showed up in the Kanto field trip, so they didn't forget that his goal changed. It would definitely be nice to see more of their other Pokemon. I'd like to see if Misty's Azuril evolved into a Maril by this point. I'd also still love for them to use both Croagunk's Poison Jab and Misty pulling on Brock's ear at the same time. They still have time to make use of those two gags by combining them together.

No one in the team deserve Eevee other than Ash...
So it definitely Ash catch that Eevee..
I think that dartrix belongs to Ash.
Why they want to show hau Pokemon and only one Pokemon.?
Mostly it belongs to Ash.
I know rowlet always sleeping.
Why they didn't put any hints about upcoming arc?

I don't know about that. Dartrix is right next to Hau and it is the only one of the middle Alola starter forms that they haven't showcased yet. If it was meant to be a sign that Ash's Rowlet evolved, I think that they would have put it closer to him and near the center of the poster. It's not impossible for it to be Ash's, but it does seem unlikely at this point.

Hopefully we actually see some of Brock's Pokemon that exist post-OS like Croagunk, Chansey..... possibly Swampert? Don't get me wrong Brock and Misty coming back is great, I just didn't expect them to show up until the League. I still hope they show up or are at least shown watching him.... but only seeing Brock with Geodude and Steelix is just so.... bleh. Croagunk is more Brock's signature Pokemon than those two are, just like Psyduck is Misty's.
It'd be nice if Brock and Misty actually have or get new Pokemon too while they're here.

I'm more pumped for Hau though, I thought he was banished to the shadow dimension like poor Wally and Hugh are! I kind of expected him to showcase Decidueye if he showed up though, it was rather obvious Rowlet wasn't evolving for quite some time.

And it's great that we aren't waiting a long time for Ash to get a fifth Pokemon to replace Poipole, hopefully we don't have to wait that long for whoever his sixth Pokemon will be.

Glad Stufful's getting a role too, if it's a capture I sure hope James gets it.

I do hope the cast can actually get some changes soon though, like Torracat and Charjabug's evolutions. Maybe Popplio too, though I wouldn't count on it until Stufful, Eevee, Hau/Dartrix, and Brock/Misty appear. Torracat and Charjabug are absent so that's the only reason I mentioned them exclusively,

Hau looks incredibly similar to Shouta/Sawyer from XY, so maybe they were waiting a few years to introduce him as to distance themselves from the visual similarity?

No excuse for Guzma, though. Where is he?

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom