• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News New poster for Sun & Moon teases what to come

When I first saw the poster I was so excited to see Brock and Misty I didn't realize Hau was on it, lol.

I mean, the first Brock and Misty cameo was an amazing gift in and of itself. But TWO?! In ONE saga?! I was definitely hoping that the promise they made at the end of the first two episodes would have meaning behind it and not just be some fanservicey thing the writers threw in there. I wasn't expecting anything, because Pokémon, but I did hope, because I couldn't help myself. I'm so ecstatic that there really was intent behind it.

Very excited to see Hau in there as well. He's one of my favorite game characters ever. I was definitely hoping they'd have in the anime at some point! Guess I should've seen him being the "late arrival" rival they've become so keen on. It'll be neat to see what they do with him and how they characterize him (I'm hoping for the friendliness he had with Lillie in the games, that'd be awesome.)

The potential of Ash getting an Eevee is so, so sweet. Eevee's one of my favorite Pokémon, so I've always wondered what it would be like if Ash had one. Its haircut is a little odd, but I do like the idea it could be groomed later down the line as a tie in to the new games. I know there's no guarantee this is Ash's Eevee, but its placement on the post certainly seems suspect...

SM is really, really pushing to make itself my second favorite saga of all time (and I truly thought nothing would ever top Hoenn for that spot...).

Brock and Misty again!!!!!! :D I'm so glad they're coming back with expanded roles, hopefully they keep on doing memorable things. They could have had new clothing, but like last year I'm going to accept them without complaining. Maybe they are stealing time from possible Iris/Cilan/Serena/Clemont/Bonnie cameos, but...they are friggin' Misty and Brock!!! And I don't think I have to explain why their comeback makes sense.
Hau is a nice surprise too. He continues the tradition of game rivals appearing much later than expected. I'll be glad to see Dartrix and likely Decidueye on recurring roles, and more battles! I hope he has a higher frequency of appearance than Gladion.
Eevee...sigh. The species has been overexposed to hell and back this year, so it's not exactly surprising. He somewhat makes up for it with its nice look and personality, but I'm fed up with Eevee already. And people discussing its evolution will be tiring to see too.

Brock and Misty again!!!!!! :D I'm so glad they're coming back with expanded roles, hopefully they keep on doing memorable things. They could have had new clothing, but like last year I'm going to accept them without complaining. Maybe they are stealing time from possible Iris/Cilan/Serena/Clemont/Bonnie cameos, but...they are friggin' Misty and Brock!!! And I don't think I have to explain why their comeback makes sense.
Hau is a nice surprise too. He continues the tradition of game rivals appearing much later than expected. I'll be glad to see Dartrix and likely Decidueye on recurring roles, and more battles! I hope he has a higher frequency of appearance than Gladion.
Eevee...sigh. The species has been overexposed to hell and back this year, so it's not exactly surprising. He somewhat makes up for it with its nice look and personality, but I'm fed up with Eevee already. And people discussing its evolution will be tiring to see too.
Tbh I think at least Serena deserves a special episode, because it has been quiet around a special for her. Even IRIS got one! But back to the topic

I wouldn't be surprised if they just ignore her.

That's a bit harsh.
Say what you will about how the Island Challenges have been (mis)handled, but Ash still does them and the Kahunas still show up. I'd say they're fairly well handled too. (still better than the Kanto Badge Quest and how they treated the Kanto Gym Leaders).

So Hapu and her challenge, along with Mina's trial, Poni Totem Pokemon, and Tapu Fini will happen, along with characters and Pokemon getting something out of the deal.
(though we'll have to wait until after some LG promotion first)

Last edited:
I doubt that they'll skip Hapu as for Guzma... *shrugs* I don't care much for him or Team Skull tbh.

If that Eevee ends up being Ash's, I hope it retains it's original Japanese VA like in the LGPE game. I'm not a big fan of the dubbed voice they've been using for Illima's Eevee. It sounds too generic, the Japanese version sounds cuter.

So Hapu and her challenge, along with Mina's trial, Poni Totem Pokemon, and Tapu Fini will happen, along with characters and Pokemon getting something out of the deal.
(though we'll have to wait until after some LG promotion first)

To be fair Hapu's not the Poni Kahuna at the beginning of the games anyway.

If the producers aim to promote LGPE in the series, they should have brought each Gym leader in Alola (maybe with the exception of Giovanni) in their LGPE outfits. Each leader with throwbacks to the original series, yet each one to search something in the new region. I can already see Erika trying herbs that grow only in Alola for a new parfume, for instance. Heck, it would even make my day if Ash actually defeats her in a battle this time. But we probably won't go any further than Brock and Misty showing up again.

Nothing would please me more than seeing Ash finally beat Erika like he should have 20 years ago. As for Sabrina I wonder how they would have done with her since she's not, you know, crazy anymore.

Hopefully we actually see some of Brock's Pokemon that exist post-OS like Croagunk, Chansey..... possibly Swampert? Don't get me wrong Brock and Misty coming back is great, I just didn't expect them to show up until the League. I still hope they show up or are at least shown watching him.... but only seeing Brock with Geodude and Steelix is just so.... bleh. Croagunk is more Brock's signature Pokemon than those two are, just like Psyduck is Misty's.

I think the main reason Croagunk hasn't appeared is whatever Kanto pandering obsession the writers have. Hopefully Brock will find some girl and does his signature act, and Croagunk will come along and use poison jab on him again.

Kasumi coming in clutch!!
I do with Takeshi and she had tropical outfits now that they're in Alola, its weird they've reverted back to OS clothes this series.

I also wanted to see cameos from other old companions but that's looking less and less likely. At least we get something! I wonder if they will have an extended role? Kind of like Hikari in BW but maybe a bit longer? Perhaps if the Rocket organization has a big story they will help bring them down?

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom