• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News New poster for Sun & Moon teases what to come

1. I am not really sure how to feel about Misty and Brock returning again. I mean I enjoyed the first episode of their return in S&M, but the second one didn’t really do that much for me. Mostly because of the jabs at Ash in that one.

2. I really do hope that Ash is the one who gets to keep eevee, I mean him having so few Pokémon, all while the ones that he does have get so very little development and remain so unevolved for the sake of being small and...shudders...cute...that is just so very very irksome for me.

3. If Ash’s many past companions do end up becoming teachers I am just not so sure about how I will feel about that. Probably because of the fact that while young Ash himself, despite his child-like tendencies, still has quite a great deal of experience under his own belt as well, he himself is just a student at the school.

Ugh, why do they insist on shoving Brock and Misty in Sun and Moon. They already had their time (which also wasn't needed). If this is for Let's Go/Kanto promo, couldn't they have just created a new character. Hell, they could have used the Let's Go female PC. Whatever, hopefully their return is very short.

They did make a promise in their episodes that they'd visit Alola, though, and considering the LGPE promotion, it's no surprise they're keeping that promise.

I thought back when the first Kanto episodes aired that there could be a possibility that with the establishment of the Alola League, there would be gyms established as well, and the classmates would be chosen to be gym leaders, with Brock and Misty returning later on to teach them about being a gym leader.

I still think that'd be pretty cool if that's what happened.

I'm excited to see Misty and Brock again. I hope they stay for more than 2 episodes this time. 4 or 5 episodes would be great.
Looks like Hau is appearing as well.
I also wonder if Ash will catch that Eevee. I also wouldn't be surprised if it's Hau's or if one of the classmates catches it, particularly Lillie or Kiawe.

I'm excited to see Misty and Brock again. I hope they stay for more than 2 episodes this time. 4 or 5 episodes would be great.
Looks like Hau is appearing as well.
I also wonder if Ash will catch that Eevee. I also wouldn't be surprised if it's Hau's or if one of the classmates catches it, particularly Lillie or Kiawe.
I think that there is a good chance that Kiawe catches it. It would give him the bare minimum of 3 Pokemon needed in order to compete in the league. Though, it will most likely evolve into Flareon if he got it.

I think that there is a good chance that Kiawe catches it. It would give him the bare minimum of 3 Pokemon needed in order to compete in the league. Though, it will most likely evolve into Flareon if he got it.
I think it's most likely that it'll go to Ash, given its positioning on the poster and Ash's need for a new team member being more important than his classmates'.

there would be gyms established as well, and the classmates would be chosen to be gym leaders, with Brock and Misty returning later on to teach them about being a gym leader.
That isn't what happens in the games, but sure, it's possible. It doesn't really matter if trial captains become a thing or they'll evolve straight into gym leaders.

Wow, I don’t know what to say! This is pretty cool!

Here are my thoughts:

1. STUFFUL!!!!!
2. I’m guessing Eevee is here to promote the new game. As Cilan would say, “IT’S SHILLING TIME!!!!”
3. Brock and Misty are back. While one part of me is excited that we get to see them again, I’m also kind of dreading when their episodes reach the States, and we have to hear their awful dub voices.
4. Whose Dartrix is that? Does it belong to Hau, or is it Ash’s Rowlet, newly evolved?

4. Whose Dartrix is that? Does it belong to Hau, or is it Ash’s Rowlet, newly evolved?
It's standing nowhere near Ash but is placed near Hau, so I'm fairly certain it is Hau's. Also note that none of Ash's current Pokémon besides Pikachu are featured on the poster, so it would be weird if Dartrix was the only one on there just to showcase its evolution.

That isn't what happens in the games, but sure, it's possible. It doesn't really matter if trial captains become a thing or they'll evolve straight into gym leaders.

I couldn't remember if gyms became a thing or not in the games. I didn't think so, but the concept started to make more sense to me after Brock and Misty's initial appearance, where their roles as gym leaders were kind of hyped up and the classmates had a few interesting things to say about being a gym leader.

In fairness, the anime's never been too strict about following the games anyway, and they did really butcher the way trials work (which is pretty much one of my only gripes with the SM series as a whole.) If they did choose to implement gyms in Alola in the anime, that'd be a different direction I'd actually be interested in seeing.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom