• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Poster

Can we stop pretending that the SwSh plot wasn't rushed in the games? Literally nothing of note happens until the finals, as Leon insists on handling everything by himself. Also, the Aether arc lasted 9 episodes (fillers don't count) because it was inherently tied to Lillie's development (she barely got anything afterwards), and Nebby had to evolve rather than conveniently appearing. Can you say that the SwSh plot is integral to Ash or Go's story? Nope. You could argue that the arc would have more spice if Bede were included, but his connection to Rose is very similar to what the anime did with Alain and Lysandre (except Bede has nothing to do with the climax).

This is the fourth Eevee to be given to a girl and that's honestly sad. At least it's likely to evolve and provide Chloe with much needed screentime. I will riot if it turns out to be another Sylveon, but luckily Espeon and Umbreon seem more popular merchandise-wise these days (and just so happen to be the only Eeveelutions featured in the original poster).

The Mewtwo is likely to be Shudo's after the movie remake and given that the "new" Mew's VA is Yamadera, making it likely that it's the original Mew. And no, not every legendary that appears is likely to be caught by Go.

Suicune's inclusion is questionable after the special. I don't know what to make of that.

Last edited:
But if Go is really going to catch a Mewtwo (shudders), I guess I would rather they come up with a third Mewtwo, despite how ridiculous that sounds

Are you implying that he can catch a Pokémon that can cause a genocide on his own?

Also if the second mewtwo was cheap a third one would be cataclismic.

The only Mewtwo I want is the Original one. The one created to be Team Rocket personal conqueror.

That escalated quickly. I don't mind the 4-part finale, but I would have much preferred a slower and more spaced-out build up to the climax. There could have been 1-2 episodes showing Pokemon Dynamaxing in Galar for no reason, making everyone slowly become suspicious (Episode 11 may have been an example of this, but nobody really questioned it). More importantly, there should have been episodes where Ash and Gou team up with Sonia to help her unravel the mystery of the legendary hero. Technically, all three of them are "research fellows", so they could have found a common goal/interest. Maybe Sakuragi and Magnolia are acquaintances so he dispatches Ash and Gou to assist her research.

Speaking of which, I hope Sonia doesn't completely disappear after this arc, although they'll have to think of something else for her to do.

Also, having a 4-episode arc just two weeks after the timeslot change does bode well for future arcs and inter-episode continuity.

Last edited:
Based on the images from those episodes, Raboot still hasn’t evolved yet. I’m guessing that it’ll end up evolving at some point during the events here since Cinderace is promoted in this arc. This also makes me think that Riolu will be evolving in the Bea rematch episode since a duel evolution here would be a bit much and there doesn’t seem to be much room in between for an evolution.

I wouldn't be surprise if this is the last time we hear about Galar for a long time. Maybe we don't see Leon again in person till the World Championship.

It would make sense given we would be heading into 2021 which is the Silver anniversary (aka more Kanto focus) for the company. Maybe the Mewtwo/Mew arc kicks that off for the anime?

There was that merchandise for some toy set featuring basically everything we know now which included Grookey, so it’s still possible that Grookey could debut during the Darkest Day arc (though if anyone captures it or if it’s already owned is something else).

The fact that Sirfetch’d was also in that set makes it seem like Galarfetch’d will be evolving during this, too. I don’t really like the fact that they can technically justify Riolu and Galarfetch’d getting fast evolutions because they evolve from vaguer and more loose conditions like happiness and critical hits. Of course, that Sirfetch’d could technically belong to someone else, but still.

Didn't I tell you all Darkest Day would be the Aether of this series? I know this Anime well. Also I think we'll be done with the Galar Focus after this DD Arc and then maybe we'll get more KANTOOOOOO. So far it was KANTOOOOO + Galar, now it can be just solely KANTOOOOOOOOOOOOO, what a dream for the writers!

What if Goh is the one who actually catches that eevee and Chloe would just bond with it.

Wow, just realised Goh will eventually want all the eeveelutions and might go on an eevee catching spree!

I’m surprised they seemingly aren’t actually going down the route. I thought the idea of having every Eeveelution in one place would be irresistible to the writers.

Why do you guys think that the DD plot is going to happen already? From the pictures I seen at the Famitsu website, it looks more like a build to the plot than the plot itself.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom