• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Preview of the XY Anime shown on special

Ah the Beedrill how could we forget them? and why didnt we see the Watchog with the scene with Ash screaming like Black from Pokemon Adventures?

If Team Rocket can carry on the way the were in DA, I'll be happy. Great to see Wobbo back but I'm interested to see how they justify him re-joining the team while Mime jr, Seviper and the others don't return, or if they have an excuse at all. Their is always the chance they'd all come back and slowly get their well written and emotional departure episodes like every TR Pokémon to leave, starting with Arbok and Weezing, got? Wishful thinking? Maybe... After BW, I'm not gonna jump the gun and assume XY will be amazing just because of some awesome trailers.

Viola shouted Solarbeam right? Good to know over used moves are still overused.

Fletchling with Sereana? I have to admit, Talonflame was probably the first regional bird I wanted Ash to have, but at least its on the main cast. Does this lessen the chances of Sereana getting Fennekin, I'd say so, but I'm too distracted by the birds cutness! <3

Were Team Rocket saying their Kanto motto? Pretty difficult to tell with the voiceover. I loved the animation for it and if they can manage to keep them goofy and get a good villain arc out of it I'll be happy. Just don't make it boring like BW did.

Serena seems to want to be a Pokémon Morana but I have no idea what that means.

If Serena catches Fletchling, then I guess a rival or someone else will get Fennekin, since I don't see Ash catching it.

Sakaki's secretary can just fuck off and die.

Also, it looks like the Rocket trio's doing the Kanto motto.

According to some serebii forums user, she actually said "Porataane-hakase no tokoro ni tte, Pokemon morau na!", which apparently translates to "I'll get a Pokemon at Prof. Platane's place!"

So. Serena already has a Fletchling. Deededum likes chocolate marshmellows. James is a badass scientist that plays Frisbee with rabid machine gun sharks. Very interesting.

I am Just Curious but how do we Know the Fletchling is Serena's because I do not know but I Don'y Speak or Read Japanese.

According to some serebii forums user, she actually said "Porataane-hakase no tokoro ni tte, Pokemon morau na!", which apparently translates to "I'll get a Pokemon at Prof. Platane's place!"

thats exactly what she says~

still reeeaaaallllyyyy curious if clemont gives ash a full gym battle or not. it seems unlikely his arena would be that random outdoor place and that he'd use a bunnelby for his gym battle when he is electric, but who knows until we see it... we probably won't be told 100% that he is electric until the games.

Clemont really does have a deep voice. It seems a bit weird as of now, he doesn't look that old. But I find a lot of characters in Japanese sound older than they should, so it isn't to surprising. The starters and Bonnie also sound incredibly cute!! I half want the starters to keep their Japanese voices even though I know that won't happen. I also like seeing Prof. Sycamore finally because he's awesome.

I know Serena had the bird on her hat, but I still am expecting Ash to get it. Also nice to see Wobbufett back. I'm curious to see how he'll interact with a, hopefully, serious Team Rocket. And it also looks like Team Rocket will be researching/experimenting with Megas...and...ANYTHING involving Megas is cool to me.

The classic fleeing from Beedrill; hilarious. I really think I'm gonna like these guys. Or at least Clemont, Bonnie, and Ash (assuming he stays awesome). Still have to see a bit more of Serena, though.

Ash had better get a barviary or noivern to compensate for the lack of a regional bird.

Or better yet....charizard.

Sakaki's secretary can just fuck off and die.
Why? What's wrong with her?

The preview was amazing, so many amazing things in one two-minute preview.

Ash, Serena, Bonnie and Clemont all standing together in that multi-color, layer background, amazing. Pansy does indeed seem to be a recurring character throughout Kalos like speculated before, she's probably disappearing soon and reappearing once Viola appears. VIOLA, SHE DOESN'T LOOK AS BORING AS HER SISTER OR ARTWORK! SHE ACTUALLY LOOKS ENTERTAINING! She's commanding Solar Beam, a bit strong for the first gym, no? But yeah, Viola doesn't look bland at all, I'm pleasantly surprised. Please let Serena have that Fletchling. Break the pattern! Let Ash no have the bird and let Serena not have Fennekin, please do the unexpected thing. Noivern, good to see it again! As well as Spritzee, Dedenne and Bunnelby. I'm guessing the Inkay gets caught by Jessie.

My favorite thing about this preview, aside from Bonnie's amazing cuteness and Ash's awesome facial expressions, serious Team Rocket! THANK YOU, Matori and Giovanni are relevant and won't be sent off to limbo or appear in mundane boss fantasies. Thank you so much! Competent actions and they'll actually have a purpose. And they're behind the raging Garchomp and are somehow involved in Mega Evolution. Froakie probably gets injured trying to oppose Garchomp. Ash and Pikachu excited, gotta love that kid at times and Bonnie acting all high and mighty in that pose. Animation looks amazing and Bunnelby gets to battle already and the rodents teaming up, I'm so hyped for XY. Like you don't even know. It could easily be the best Pokemon series yet.

It's breaking a lot of patterns, a boy gets the rat for once, no Pikachu injury/problem, two girls in the same group, the possible bird going to the girl, Mega Evolution, a major game feature, appearing already, Team Rocket being serious and hopefully not ping-ponging back and forth like in BW, it's trying to do different things and I love it.

I love Dedenne, Bunnelby and Pikachu so much. Seeing Helioptile and Noivern is great too, but the rat and bunny are the amazing-est.

Last edited:
I get the feeling the writers are going to try again with having TR start the villain arc and introduce Flare later on, like they were apparently going to do with BW before things went horribly wrong. Hopefully we won't have any natural disasters or sequels from nowhere this time. Well, either that or there's no Team Flare, but I don't see why they'd do that.

Seriously why would Serena say she is going to get a starter from the prof. when she already owns a supposed Fletchling?? I don't buy it. She doesn't own it.

Pokespe does something similar, characters getting starters from the professor despite having a Pokemon already, plus Oshawott was given to Ash by Juniper and Squirtle given by Oak to May.

I'm still going with my hope that Serena is into Sky Battles at some point!

Last edited:
So, Pikachu is back to battling starter and basic Pokemon. Hopefully won't be as bad as BW. Also, I like that Yuki Kaji is voicing Citron.

Also, I guess Sonansu is back. Somewhere, Dogasu is squeeing.

That would be me. :p (As if the Mei obsession and sig didn't make it obvious enough...)

To keep myself from repeating what I said about keeping an open mind on SPPf's thread, I'll just link that post here as well.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom