• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New scan & titles (minor updates)

Atleast this was hinted at somewhat in a previous episode, and is going with a fairly major character who may actually show up later (since they'll be backtracking eventually).

At least with Chimecho and Cacnea, they get good homes. Chimecho is with James' caretakers, and they could probably be reunited by the end of the series (whenever that is).

And how cool is it that Cacnea gets to live with a grass-type Gym leader who loves the thing? Isn't it getting a happy ending, and a far better idea than ditching Cacnea with some wild Pokemon like Ash used to do?

I think the writers don't like releasing Pokemon anymore unless they HAVE to. Ash didn't release any of his Pokemon since Lapras, Misty and Brock just leave theirs at the Gym, and thank goodness May didn't release any of hers either.

I very much doubt Dawn would release any of her Pokemon either, so its not like we're back in Season 1 where Pokemon get thrown off the team left and right for no apparent reason.

I think how the writers dumped Heracross was what got me mad the most. That thing was cool but they traded it for Tauros and then it just...well, was gone.

I think how the writers dumped Heracross was what got me mad the most. That thing was cool but they traded it for Tauros and then it just...well, was gone.

and Jouto had enough bullshit going against it as it was, but this seemed like one of their earliest screw-ups: they decide to get rid of one of the only good Pokemon around at the time (I mean, most of the team consisted of all those Kantou guys who were overstaying their welcome, which included Takeshi and Kasumi's 0-personality drones... the infamous Tosakinto being amongst them)? And then they go and have Fushigidane take up Satoshi's last slot way up until the last quarter of the region. Seriously, what the fuck were they thinking? -_-

Let's just get something out of the way now: Cacnea leaving under the circumstances of "I'll make it stronger for you" is BS. This is Primeape all over again. Just like Chimecho was left to "get better," we will never see Cacnea again.

my thoughts exactly. Why even bother bringing up this "make it stronger" bullshit? We all know damn well that, as a Rocket Pokemon, there's practically no chance in hell we'll see it again.

and Jouto had enough bullshit going against it as it was, but this seemed like one of their earliest screw-ups: they decide to get rid of one of the only good Pokemon around at the time

Yeah, Heracross got really screwed over in Johto. What the hell was wrong with that season?

Ash captures a Pokemon and dumps it at Oaks somewhere around 25 episodes later without it even accomplishing anything? Was Heracross even in a single Johto Gym battle? I honestly can't remember.

The writers must have been on anti-depressants or something, that whole saga felt like a parody of the show itself. Just what the hell was going on back then?

Let's just get something out of the way now: Cacnea leaving under the circumstances of "I'll make it stronger for you" is BS. This is Primeape all over again. Just like Chimecho was left to "get better," we will never see Cacnea again.

:\

Eh, with the more-than-normal continuity the writers seem to be having (and their unexpected turns), maybe we'll see her again!? We can only hope . .

Well, they did bring it back for the Battle Frontier...even if it was just one battle.

I just thought of a crazy idea: What would it be like if James got a Snover?

If James got a Snovermon, then it'd be pretty cool.

It's not a Grass type or anything though, so why would Gardenia give it to him?

Well, he'd presumably have to catch it himself...

Although, if James did catch a Snover, it wouldn't be for a long while. ;_;

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom